Epic Perfect World

Seeker and Dual Edges

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
Not every seeker in here is DPH, as a matter of fact, as a DPH seeker you won't get anywhere in here, talking from my personal experience. And to be honest, when you have 1 reliable 3 sec stun and another one which can miss anytime, and it will miss one time or another, can't really say that a seeker has large amounts of CC, that's why we are forced to use occult genies, hence have low genie energy for survival type skills.

I also play an aps seeker in 1v1, I switch to dph(r8) gear only when I see the chance to 1 shot with metal combo

The way I see it, yes when you talk about wr vs seeker, totally doable, all about timing your sparks to dodge stuns and simply tricking your opponent. But vs WB's, can't really kill them anymore, especially the 3 spark occult type, can't really do anything about that, not enough damage to take them down, while they just need to switch 1 weapon to laugh in my face while I try to kill them. And then just 3 spark and occult the knockdown when my genie is burnt down while I was trying to go for the kill, you basically go down in 2 seconds and can't do anything about it.

I agree about triple spark WBs, never been a fan of triple sparking in 1v1. They are very hard to counter without triple sparking myself, the only way to counter a triple spark occult wb is to time your fortify right before the knockup ends or use a dex genie

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
I also play an aps seeker in 1v1, I switch to dph(r8) gear only when I see the chance to 1 shot with metal combo
I do that too, can't really rely on that though, need a constant amount of damage on which I can count on, which is aps
I agree about triple spark WBs, never been a fan of triple sparking in 1v1. They are very hard to counter without triple sparking myself, the only way to counter a triple spark occult wb is to time your fortify right before the knockup ends or use a dex genie
3 sparking on seeker is a waste, I really only do it in highly extreme cases when I really need to be purified instantly and do not have the time to switch to holy stone edges and hit until I am purified, and also about the fortify, yes, I do that too, thing is you can't tell whether the WB is gonna either use occult or knockdown after 3 spark, and a dex genie doesnt work either because hence the low aps damage, you need something that can CC them while you deal the damage, if you don't have it, then the WB will just walk away 2 steps and survive, not to mention that you only have 1 reliable stun with a considerable high CD, and one which is based on a debuff and can miss anytime.

Offline Woda

• The elegance of mystic gameplay is not to be underestimated
  • Characters: Woda
As I said on a previous reply, this thread isn't targeted to WB's, but when I encountered that, the barb was in full dragon, with Def pole hammer on, I was in full dragon with dual edges while dealing 1k's, then in the next second after my lock ran out without any real result (basically couldn't kill, even with sacri slash), switched to full r8 with Def sword, vit cape and nw tome, and got hit for about 5-6k's per hit just by being apsed on with claws.

I don't believe barbs can 5-6k on u when u're using defense set, when i hit 3k with my magic skills. Just can't be happening. Also, if they get a few lucky crits in a row (which is easy with Onslaught), 7x 6k crits will kill u, and with 3.33/4 aps that's 2 seconds. I know they can do that with demon spark but without powerups I don't see u dying to barbs in 2 seconds.

However, I do support this suggestion simply for the reason of giving people an incentive to play seeker again. There are very few people who play seeker as a main (at least in 1v1s), and I'd like to see that changed.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran

So basicly you want increased dmg on a class that already tanks like a retard HA/LA classes in 1v1s. WBs with fury deal 2.5ks max to def lvl camping seekers while taking APS combo around 7k's (Experienced from 1v1 Krish from HO). WRs already don't stand a chance by default vs seekers if seekers will use def lvl against them. Come on seriously you already have by far strongest buff in the game (33 Def lvl is it? or 35 i don't even know) and mix of debuffs such as Disarm that doesn't even cost you anything unlike WRs and Blur that is basicly Absorb Soul but only metal dmg'd. What more can you possibly ask for?

I saw how you mentioned buff that claws got which is 5 atk lvl, it was made for classes such is yours that like to camp def lvl so we can actually break through it whether we're talking about WR or WB player. It helped WRs somewhat break WBs altho WB dmg is way more insane towards them than vice versa, but giving it to a class that has 30~ def lvl debuff by default + around 120 def lvls with Def lvl wep and can increase it's Atk lvl via Sacrificial Slash at a bonus of making most of players Def lvl's N-E-G-A-T-I-V-E throught Northen Sky Waltz and Sacrificial Slash's debuff transfered by QPQ? Whatever you're smoking, give me some of that, i'd appriciate it.

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran

So basicly you want increased dmg on a class that already tanks like a ****** HA/LA classes in 1v1s. WBs with fury deal 2.5ks max to def lvl camping seekers while taking APS combo around 7k's (Experienced from 1v1 Krish from HO). WRs already don't stand a chance by default vs seekers if seekers will use def lvl against them. Come on seriously you already have by far strongest buff in the game (33 Def lvl is it? or 35 i don't even know) and mix of debuffs such as Disarm that doesn't even cost you anything unlike WRs and Blur that is basicly Absorb Soul but only metal dmg'd. What more can you possibly ask for?

I saw how you mentioned buff that claws got which is 5 atk lvl, it was made for classes such is yours that like to camp def lvl so we can actually break through it whether we're talking about WR or WB player. It helped WRs somewhat break WBs altho WB dmg is way more insane towards them than vice versa, but giving it to a class that has 30~ def lvl debuff by default + around 120 def lvls with Def lvl wep and can increase it's Atk lvl via Sacrificial Slash at a bonus of making most of players Def lvl's N-E-G-A-T-I-V-E throught Northen Sky Waltz and Sacrificial Slash's debuff transfered by QPQ? Whatever you're smoking, give me some of that, i'd appriciate it.
A class that tanks HA and LA classes? The only HA class I can really tank is wr, because they don't have enough damage to go through you, Barbs hit like mad, same story about sins. Also, not every seeker in here camps def, if others do it, it's not my problem. Another thing: do you really think any seeker can reach 120 def lvls with just a def wep? I can barely reach 105 with a def wep in full r8, I'd have to wear the NW cape and a blessing to barely break the 115 mark. Also, you can read the other replies or the thread itself 1 more time and try to understand what I'm trying to say. And really, weren't you the one which suggested replacing the +25 VIT in claws with +5 ATK lvls? You can't even dare to say that the base damage of a full dragon WB can be higher than the base damage of a seeker, hipocrisy much?

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
A class that tanks HA and LA classes? The only HA class I can really tank is wr, because they don't have enough damage to go through you, Barbs hit like mad, same story about sins. Also, not every seeker in here camps def, if others do it, it's not my problem. Another thing: do you really think any seeker can reach 120 def lvls with just a def wep? I can barely reach 105 with a def wep in full r8, I'd have to wear the NW cape and a blessing to barely break the 115 mark. Also, you can read the other replies or the thread itself 1 more time and try to understand what I'm trying to say. And really, weren't you the one which suggested replacing the +25 VIT in claws with +5 ATK lvls? You can't even dare to say that the base damage of a full dragon WB can be higher than the base damage of a seeker, hipocrisy much?
so if others camp def and u dont camp it, that makes u better and u lose 1v1, i see
just get urself def set as every1 else on epw after 1.5, u wont have that problem
as woda said, not even in sin wb deals 6k w.o fury, so come on, if u gonna make up numbers to get the suggestion applied atleast bring numbers we can believe
whatsoever, seeker seems fine to me, if people would play seeker as they play wb, u'd see more def campers, coz def camping on seeker, as hard as it for u to believe, aint that hard
switch ring/ascended cape/ tome/weapon and u'll do fine
or get urself some def cards too as 50% of epw ;3 js
i experienced seekers on my WB already and by far i cant hit more than 5k normal, LOL. even tho i hit sins after 3spark for 10k /aps in their DD set, that applies to WB too, 3xint bracers costed me a lot of def and i have 40 def levels with r8 weapon, if id camp def and get def set id reach around 70-80 def levels with all sht tryhard def, yet not enough when blur goes dealing 4-7k atleast and aps hits 4k ...
after debuff and all i get negative def on wb ;3 coz logic

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
so if others camp def and u dont camp it, that makes u better and u lose 1v1, i see
just get urself def set as every1 else on epw after 1.5, u wont have that problem
as woda said, not even in sin wb deals 6k w.o fury, so come on, if u gonna make up numbers to get the suggestion applied atleast bring numbers we can believe
whatsoever, seeker seems fine to me, if people would play seeker as they play wb, u'd see more def campers, coz def camping on seeker, as hard as it for u to believe, aint that hard
switch ring/ascended cape/ tome/weapon and u'll do fine
or get urself some def cards too as 50% of epw ;3 js
i experienced seekers on my WB already and by far i cant hit more than 5k normal, LOL. even tho i hit sins after 3spark for 10k /aps in their DD set, that applies to WB too, 3xint bracers costed me a lot of def and i have 40 def levels with r8 weapon, if id camp def and get def set id reach around 70-80 def levels with all sht tryhard def, yet not enough when blur goes dealing 4-7k atleast and aps hits 4k ...
after debuff and all i get negative def on wb ;3 coz logic
Alright then, I shall record my future fights vs any over average WB's and post it in here along with the damage logs, and really no one can switch a whole gear set which is 4 parts, so a total of 8 hotkeys you gotta work with and another 8 (which you mentioned) without using keyboard macro

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Alright then, I shall record my future fights vs any over average WB's and post it in here along with the damage logs, and really no one can switch a whole gear set which is 4 parts, so a total of 8 hotkeys you gotta work with and another 8 (which you mentioned) without using keyboard macro
i myself play on a sht pc and keyboard macro aint an option
i put my gears for dd on a high row that i switch with V
and my def gears on high row that i switch with h
so whenever i want dd i just press v+12345 (ye i switched them)
and for def i just press h+12345
changing 5 gear pieces
works fine
to get back to the previous bar  u just press v/h again

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
  • Characters: Espio, Saladin, Xqwi, SSG
  • Faction: Supreme☆
I'm sorry Mr.SoG>Sleep>DDwithPuriWepOn, but I think that you're wrong, and let me tell you why, if you really wanted to target yourself as in an EP in your reply, then you have no idea what you are talking about, tell me please how many "disadvantages" an EP has over a Seeker, I'll wait for your reply quietly because I know you can't say anything legit about it

Ep cannot switch their weapon/armor during ultraviolet dance, seeker on the other hand requires " f1 " and the defence level increase by 30. seeker's damage is way better compared to wr's, wich is why the claws had an increase in damage (5att), yet seekers still outdamage wr's. There is no reason whatsoever to increase 5att lvl on dual edges. Seekers can already kill any class while having huge survability , no need for any damage increase.

-1, Mr.SogSleepPuriDuelEasyWin.

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
Ep cannot switch their weapon/armor during ultraviolet dance, seeker on the other hand requires " f1 " and the defence level increase by 30. seeker's damage is way better compared to wr's, wich is why the claws had an increase in damage (5att), yet seekers still outdamage wr's. There is no reason whatsoever to increase 5att lvl on dual edges. Seekers can already kill any class while having huge survability , no need for any damage increase.

-1, Mr.SogSleepPuriDuelEasyWin.
Which is why you never go into UV dance, and also why you always DD with puri wep on, and also, the 5 ATK lvl increase for claws was suggested by a player which mains WB, if I remember well (might be wrong), and yes, for once you are right, wr damage really is lower than seeker's damage. However, you'll never tank anyone if you just stay there like a sitting duck expecting to not get killed, even though you use def items, because you will die, hence your statement that seekers have "huge survability" is totally wrong, the only skill which actually helps in a considerable amount in surviving is Last Stand, without counting the def buff, of course.

Offline KingCobra

• quited/inactive.
Andrea why you delete my comment?  :normal-12:

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
Which is why you never go into UV dance, and also why you always DD with puri wep on, and also, the 5 ATK lvl increase for claws was suggested by a player which mains WB, if I remember well (might be wrong), and yes, for once you are right, wr damage really is lower than seeker's damage. However, you'll never tank anyone if you just stay there like a sitting duck expecting to not get killed, even though you use def items, because you will die, hence your statement that seekers have "huge survability" is totally wrong, the only skill which actually helps in a considerable amount in surviving is Last Stand, without counting the def buff, of course.

actually i cannot kill any seeker camping defence , not on my ep and not on wr 0.0 while they sit like a duck , sad even with attack wep ):.

why would i damage you with defence set? oh yeah i forgot how hard aps seekers hit.  what was it again 6k's in aps set...... and you want even more damage so i have to camp defence even more , logic has not been found here.
You don't need the 5 attack levels, you were doing fine without it.

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
Andrea why you delete my comment?  :normal-12:
Comments in the suggestion section cannot be deleted by anyone but the GM's

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
actually i cannot kill any seeker camping defence , not on my ep and not on wr 0.0 while they sit like a duck , sad even with attack wep ):.

why would i damage you with defence set? oh yeah i forgot how hard aps seekers hit.  what was it again 6k's in aps set...... and you want even more damage so i have to camp defence even more , logic has not been found here.
You don't need the 5 attack levels, you were doing fine without it.
Of course you can't when you attack with puri wep, might ring, vit tome, and nw cape on

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
in fu
Of course you can't when you attack with puri wep, might ring, vit tome, and nw cape on

I have tested my damage, full attack set, on a defence seeker with blessing ( wich you always use ), and it has been clear that my damage was nowhere near close to kill him without the use of 3spark, he didnt move a dim 0.o its pretty sad.

On topic, seekers are fine without it, most seekers go dph, it would only give a slight advantage to the few aps seekers, you're a tank already and you want to be able to kill people using 1 occult? nty again. You don't need it, seekers are f----aaa---ar from being underpowered atm compared to some other classes
Last Edit: Mar 11, 2015, 12:39 pm by Saladjin