Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Hey there, I'm a die hard League of Legends fan and I believe that a lot
of the type of compition that is displayed there could be used to make epw
a lot funner and more competitive(in a good way). In League, they have whats
know as Ranked Teams, in which you gather 3-5 players to compete against other
teams for specific ranks and rewards. I believe that a Ranked 5 pk event would be
something that would be really fun to add to EPW, and for those who like competition
to come along with pk.

What will it BRING to epw:
-Competition
-Communication
-PvP Experience
-Rewards
-More 'weekly' events

How does it work?:
It's quite simple. For about let's say 12 weeks(once a year) the first 16 teams
that signup will be able to compete against each other for rewards
and a chance to go to the 'finals'. Teams will have to fight twice a week in a round
robin until the 12 week deadline. The top 8 teams will move to the finals. The teams
that make it to the finals will be do a bracket elimination to fight for a 'large' reward.

My suggested rules:
-1 of each class per team
-No more than 5 players(and 2 subs).
-No IG's, Spirits, Chocolates.
-Sins cannot stealth for more than 8 seconds.
-Normal Event rules(referring to behavior).

How to keep track of each team?:
This part is fairly simple. Build a list similar to that of the Pk ranking, and list the first 16 team name
that signed up. After every fight, the person who hosted the matchup will update their Win/Loss.
There would also be a list of who won the events like the 1v1 page, and a schedule/bracket.

This is still being HEAVILY OVERHAULED.
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2015, 02:23 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Skazy

• Forum Veteran
  • Best EA/WF/PL/LEADER/PLAYER/HUSBAND
  • Characters: rtts
  • Faction: ★469★
i like this LCS based idea but no1 would bother to do it once a year, maybe make it monthly, and host it every 2nd/3rd month, has enough events tho, but this one wouldnt hurt

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
i like this LCS based idea but no1 would bother to do it once a year, maybe make it monthly, and host it every 2nd/3rd month, has enough events tho, but this one wouldnt hurt
Thank you for the feedback. I agree, once a year is quite the long wait. The reason I considered it is because this would
add a lot of stress to the GMs in terms of running events(Which ofc the matchups can be spread across the week). However, I do agree with you. After the 16 weeks maybe a 2/3 month break would be good, that way it can happen more often. Great addition, +1.
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
The idea sounds good. But i dont see many differences to a normal 5v5 event gms could host except those different rounds that make it like a league. So instead of dq u get more rounds to fight in. Thats not bad but on the other side u could just host 5v5 events once per week too and it would be similar and less work. If u mean that way the teams got a chance to fight every team, ok, but hosting few 5v5 events also gives it a few chances...
Not a bad idea, just not too big fan of it ;)

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
The idea sounds good. But i dont see many differences to a normal 5v5 event gms could host except those different rounds that make it like a league. So instead of dq u get more rounds to fight in. Thats not bad but on the other side u could just host 5v5 events once per week too and it would be similar and less work. If u mean that way the teams got a chance to fight every team, ok, but hosting few 5v5 events also gives it a few chances...
Not a bad idea, just not too big fan of it ;)
First, you DON'T get disqualified. That's what a round robin is. Second, you must not play league of legends so you wouldn't understand fully how it works  ^-^ . It's a lot more than just some normal 5v5, it's basically a pk league/season, not just some random 5v5. Also this happens once a year(maybe 6 months), not every day like a 5v5. Basically your saying host a random 5v5 a week, which takes away the whole point. I get what you mean, but you look at the small picture as this as just a 5v5, your taking the whole competition out of it. There's a reason these leagues are in many games and spawn competition, and people who don't TW have nothing to compete for. Also yes, there's a lot of complicated studf that come with this event, but it's literally easier that the 1v1 event in terms of stress for gms. We also have nothing that's withstanding pk. We have all these RANDOM events, but nothing really competitive and something to look forward that no other server has. That's what I want this event to be.
Last Edit: Mar 04, 2015, 08:47 am by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline WorldsApart

• WorldsApart
  • You lost because you had me as your opponent. -Rob
  • Characters: WorldsApart
  • Faction: Ducks
Would be nice. Getting away boredom :)
:tiger-40: QUACK QUACK QUACK :tiger-40:

Offline Ranny

• Support Member
  • Instinct Active
  • ᕼᙓᒪᒪᖇᗩᔓᗢᖇ - I like to raise hell
  • Characters: Ranny
  • Faction: HellRazor
I believe that a Ranked 5 pk event would be
something that would be really fun to add to EPW, and for those who like competition
to come along with pk.

How does it work?:
and a chance to go to the 'finals'. Teams will have to fight twice a week in a round
robin until the 12 week deadline. The top 8 teams will move to the finals. The teams
that make it to the finals will be do a bracket elimination to fight for a 'large' reward.

You want something like this to happen every 3 months or so? As which each team gets to fight each team once with no elimination and who has the most wins gets the 1st, 2nd n so forth rewards. Is that what you want to happen?

Thank you for the lovely siggy  :tiger-48: Jolteon :tiger-48:
Check my girl out @ xitouxv deviantart

Offline Frost

• MPWGA

You want something like this to happen every 3 months or so? As which each team gets to fight each team once with no elimination and who has the most wins gets the 1st, 2nd n so forth rewards. Is that what you want to happen?

Well for 12 weeks 8 teams fight, then it moves into a bracket elimination for the top 8, So not NEARLY as many as this. I guess it's possible to spread it over 16 weeks once a week instead of twice over 12..... that's for sure based on the graph. Also no, it's once a year(or possibly 6 months). I considered that 3 months was too short for a break period.
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
the idea is amazing but you really need a waay bigger community than this to do this kind of stuff

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
i been trying to make a tournament for a long time...i will see if i can start working on it in April and have it ready after school time is over so everyone can participate i guess.  :rolleyes:

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
Hey there, I'm a die hard League of Legends fan and I believe that a lot
of the type of compition that is displayed there could be used to make epw
a lot funner and more competitive(in a good way). In League, they have whats
know as Ranked Teams, in which you gather 3-5 players to compete against other
teams for specific ranks and rewards. I believe that a Ranked 5 pk event would be
to come along with pk.

What will it BRING to epw:
-Competition
-Communication
-PvP Experience
-Rewards
-More 'weekly' events

How does it work?:

My suggested rules:
-1 of each class per team
-No more than 5 players(and 2 subs).
-No IG's, Spirits, Chocolates.
-Sins cannot stealth for more than 8 seconds.
-Normal Event rules(referring to behavior).

How to keep track of each team?:
This part is fairly simple. Build a list similar to that of the Pk ranking, and list the first 16 team name
that signed up. After every fight, the person who hosted the matchup will update their Win/Loss.
There would also be a list of who won the events like the 1v1 page, and a schedule/bracket.

i been trying to make a tournament for a long time...i will see if i can start working on it in April and have it ready after school time is over so everyone can participate i guess.  :rolleyes:
r u serious? no stealth for 8sec?....i like the ideea of this event , but what u said about sins stealth.....has been killed me....

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
r u serious? no stealth for 8sec?....i like the ideea of this event , but what u said about sins stealth.....has been killed me....

what no stealth ?

Offline Suns

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forever QTest GM
  • ✿ ♥ ☼ ✼ ❣ ❁
  • Characters: Fire | Sunflower | Sunshine
  • Faction: EPW_Team
My only concern is that some people may not be playing still after a year. Would teams need to find a new member if something like that happened to their previous member?

Maybe running it on a shorter schedule, i.e. every month, would be better.

Would we host it every Friday morning or so? What would we need to do if someone couldn't make it to one of the rounds?

Take care, lovelies! ♥

Guides | Rules | Helpdesk | Staff | Stream
- - -
Keep your face towards the sun and every shadow will fall behind you.

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
My only concern is that some people may not be playing still after a year. Would teams need to find a new member if something like that happened to their previous member?

Would we host it every Friday morning or so? What would we need to do if someone couldn't make it to one of the rounds?

as i mentioned before, epw or pw community in general is too small to host such stuff, i remember the days back 2 years ago or so when it was hosted "Best of each class event" there were around 10 WRs 10 sins 2-3 WBs and classes like ep and mystic weren't ever shown up because lacks of players. i remember there was actually 1 ep who won by default cuz he or she had no opponent. while psy's just had duels cuz it was impossible to win the 1v1 with dragon gear back in the day psy vs psy. even if community is bigger today with around 200 pkers, how many will be interested/how many will have time to participate such events is a really big question.

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm

subs i guess