Epic Perfect World

cant start game having a unknown error with alien letters

Offline xcqted

ive already installed directx 9c files

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
1. go to EPW/element/ folder and run dxwebsetup.exe file then check if it lets you start the game
2. if it doesn't, click on "Run" option in the start menu, type "dxdiag" and click OK. On the bottom there is field for notes that would let you see if there are any issues detected with your DirectX installation. Please check if any issues were detected. (click Next page button)
3. if nothing was found.. what is your graphic card driver model?

anyway, you may want to check this out: http://pawelrychlicki.pl/Home/Details/47/problems-after-downgrading-amdati-radeon-drivers-win7-amdati-drivers-1210--1312
Last Edit: Feb 27, 2015, 04:24 pm by Agatio

Offline xcqted

thanks for the fast reply
i tried to run the dxsetup from the epw/element folder but it wont continue because i already have directx11 on my system.

here is the photo of my display on dxdiag

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
You should uninstall your graphic card drivers and then install the newest version from the ATI website.

Offline xcqted

okay thanks ill try that

Offline Zloh

I am having the same problem, I have already did what you told xcqted to do...and still I am unable to get past the "alien letters"...

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
try this web installer it should download any missing update of directx
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Offline Zloh

it says no installation necessary.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
you guys added an exception of the EpicPW folder to your antivirus / windows defender exception list?
if u didn't please do this steps:

delete the existing epic folder (NOT THE RAR YOU DOWNLAODED)
create a new folder with a new name (diferent fromt he folder name you just deleted)
move the rar file you downlaoded inside that new folder you created
go to your antivirus / windows defender and add the folder you just created to the exception list
confirm and apply the changes
after this you can extract the rar content into that folder

Offline Zloh

I am trying something else at the moment. MY wife's computer runs it just fine, both our computers are set up the same way....in theory...the files from her computer should work fine on my computer...so I am copying her file to my computer....aaaaannnnnd......it worked....thank you guys for helping out