Epic Perfect World

Have barbs been nerfed?

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
Heard a couple rumors that they have been nerfed and "don't hit as hard". Can anyone official tell me if this is true, and if so, how exactly they were nerfed? As a vit barb, I don't like this rumor! D:<
Cortimi - Demon Seeker
Cortimis - Demon Barbarian

Offline TaChalla

• Brony For Life !
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=934.0 near the beginning might be what you're talking about
Character: RipKord
Class: Seeker
Level: 150
Faction: Halloween

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=934.0 near the beginning might be what you're talking about

All of this info is based on what PWI received in its expansion, certain things may or may not be changed.
That is all up to Agatio.

Other than skills, instances and gear, there were a few other changes that were made.
    Custom changes;
    As he's posted elsewhere, he will be making other custom changes if it all works.
    • Barb rings/weapon will be changed to nerf damage a bit.

I see, thanks for that. Any ideas exactly how/what the changes were to the gear? I for one kind of don't like the idea that the only weapons I can choose from are all SacStrike/GoF, I end up hurting myself more than I hurt an enemy, and this is only made worse if each hit has been reduced.[/list][/list]
Cortimi - Demon Seeker

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
  • Characters: ???!?!
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex
Barb restricted rings were taken away as well as a damage decrease on the poleaxe :P

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno
Realisation-r8 sage cleric
BreakNoise-r8 demon mystic

Offline crimsonrose

Last I checked barbs physical attack damage was nerfed, not a specific weapon. There's a difference. Physical attack affects every weapon and skill that uses it.

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
As far as nerfing the entire classes damage, I am a bit skeptical of that because from my understanding that would require a fairly extensive edit of the client itself. At least I really hope that is the case. I guess we'll have to hear from Agatio about it.
Cortimi - Demon Seeker

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
D= I hope they aren't. Nurfed... I doubt that they are tho, but yeah let Aga answer this one. Pm him or something
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Barbs were never really nerfed. Back in the 1.3.6 version, like 50 patches ago, they were really underpowered -  mediocre damage,  low magic defense, crap stun and no antistun.  So they got damage boost on their special poleaxe and they received unique rings that refined for magic defense and had additional accuracy bonus. Although these changes made them viable in the 1.3.6, with 1.4.4 they became OP due to this, because of the new 79/100 skills added and genies. Genesis update gave them basically everything what they have been missing and still they had that special poleaxe and rings.
So what was done is lowering the attack on their poleaxe back to the previous state and removal of their special rings. Even after that they are still kinda OP, but not that much as they were.

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
Thanks so much for the answer Agatio. I am very happy to hear it too XD
Cortimi - Demon Seeker