Epic Perfect World

Keep Away Event Suggestion

Offline Lynella

• Retired WF
  • Characters: xXFoxyXx
Hi,

So after taking part in many Keep Away events, I found the same thing happening, one team would carry the flag for more than half the event and lose it in last couple min, this seems unfair to lose the win after carrying the flag for most of the event.

Therefore I suggest that the event winning rule changes from who has the flag last, to who carries the flag for longest. GMs would just need to keep track of the name of flag holder and how long they carried e.g. 1min = 1point.  After the 30mins the GMs would just need to add up the points. 

This will not only make the event fairer but also make it more fun, as at the moment some teams don’t seem to put effort in until the end when they then decide to steal flag and win.

Lynella

Offline -

• Characters: Defloration
  • Faction: Artifex
that seems pretty fair imo +1 good idea

Offline ImAJerk

Shut up BRaul
also
+1

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
Good suggestion +1
-1 in this case after 10 minutes every team would give up on trying to get the flag since they can't win anymore. ;)

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
Then the event would be over after 16 min if the fist carrier don't drop it

awww got ninjad for 20 sec :'(

Offline shaterd

• Old Player
  • Characters: Idaron/Millennium
Last Edit: Feb 12, 2015, 06:37 pm by ☠EvilTouch☠

Offline ♡Hermaphrodite♡

• Zoop
  • Characters: Hermaphrodite | Cadge
  • Faction: Silence
-1 it would be difficult for the GMs, they could make random teams though, that way it would be fair enough I suppose.

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
and when someone holds the flag for more than 15minutes=rest teams give up n rage port to their afk spot? imo keep away is good as it is, n if u think that some teams dont put effort in until the end which is the reason they winning then u could just copy them, bad suggestion imo noone would go to that event anymore it's already so hard to get 4teams n if this rule applied  it'll be impossible es just my opinion  :normal-36:

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
It is impossible for us to "count" the times, only Agatio has the chance to chekc such time stamps, we GM's cannot.
as you noticed, as you said you came to this event many times, the token has around 4 seconds delay before it shows on the normal chat.
Another problem is yet to be fixed but it would ruint he "counting" either way, after 25min or something, duno for sure, the tokens seems to evaporate lol the normal chat messages disappear, the aura ont he carrier disappears aswell :/
We wouldn't be able to accumualte this time.

This event is a survival event, therefore the teams need to survive.

Now the rule that i'm thinking on removing is the "rainbow squads. I think its a bit hard to get players to join this event let alone 6 of each class. So maybe limiting the classes by 3 perhaps, what you think ?

also as it was mentioned ont he previous posts, the Team with 15minutes on the clock would stop caring,  cuz alrdy won.

Any other suggestions, complains, ideas on this event feel free to post them please.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
yes, 2 mystics 2 EPs, 1 WB 1 WR and u call it event
makes sense
no
1 of each class or 1 team with vit wb 100 def level and will never die. LOL.

Offline ♡Hermaphrodite♡

• Zoop
  • Characters: Hermaphrodite | Cadge
  • Faction: Silence
It is impossible for us to "count" the times, only Agatio has the chance to chekc such time stamps, we GM's cannot.
as you noticed, as you said you came to this event many times, the token has around 4 seconds delay before it shows on the normal chat.
Another problem is yet to be fixed but it would ruint he "counting" either way, after 25min or something, duno for sure, the tokens seems to evaporate lol the normal chat messages disappear, the aura ont he carrier disappears aswell :/
We wouldn't be able to accumualte this time.

This event is a survival event, therefore the teams need to survive.

Now the rule that i'm thinking on removing is the "rainbow squads. I think its a bit hard to get players to join this event let alone 6 of each class. So maybe limiting the classes by 3 perhaps, what you think ?

also as it was mentioned ont he previous posts, the Team with 15minutes on the clock would stop caring,  cuz alrdy won.

Any other suggestions, complains, ideas on this event feel free to post them please.
What about random teams? If Artifex's squad joins in, it's quite impossible for the other ones to win... and it's quite unfair. Pairing everyone with random teams would be fun but I know that a lot would rage so I'm just suggesting this, I won't say it's the best solution but it would be better that way in my opinion.

Offline Lynella

• Retired WF
  • Characters: xXFoxyXx
okay

so first I said it was a suggestion I understand its not perfect, yes your right after 16mins people would give up I didnt think of that, however the way event is now needs to change or people wont want to take part.

if u think that some teams dont put effort in until the end which is the reason they winning then u could just copy them,

Awesome next event lets all stand around till 20mins to go then kill ppl. Ty for input :)

this is a bad idea, so people can bring 3eps now ? that wont make a difference, just make it more annoying.

How about rounds ? instead of 30mins, its 10mins carry and whoever has wins that round, ofc it would need to be adapted as there are four teams in event. However this idea would work better then allowing rainbow teams.

Also its not Artifex that are winning, GA has won last two events, so random pts wont work. Also the best part of event is going to them with friends, what is the point of going with randoms?

Offline shaterd

• Old Player
  • Characters: Idaron/Millennium
I would say no to more than one class reason why ,
2sins, 1barb, 1mystic and 2eps do you think that setup would be fair ? Especially for arti ppl who alrdy has majority of the 3.33 sins and well geared eps ... They wouldn't die and they can easily take the tokens at the start with their sins

I think things are fine the way they are

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
I actually liked the multi rounds, i don't mind testing that one.
Also the rainbow squads r a must yea :/

I'm also thinkign in changing this event to Friday instead of Thursday. Maybe more players  :rolleyes: