Epic Perfect World

APS Barb - The Double Standard

Offline Dom

• Making easies l3l
  • Characters: Domgrath
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I'm not really here to rant, but I'd like to put the cards out on the table and have a genuine discussion. (Or is that too much to ask for?)
APS.. Such a waste of a barb. Make a BM if you want to be an APS HA. -xTank after defeat                                                                                                                                                             
..when you get skill let me know, off of aps. -Zooted after defeat
lol u are bad if use aps lol im vit barb and do nothing but sit around criticizing better players -BAQWOLF forever

How exactly is APS barb worse than a DPH barb? The DPH barb's above have gotten single-handedly destroyed by the might of the almighty APS barb.

Their argument as follows:
DPH barb takes more  skill because of skill combo's and APS all you press is F1 and occult ice(Even though DPH barb uses occult ice too)

How does this remotely make any sense whatsoever? As an APS barb, I use the exact same skill combination's as a DPH barb however rely on APS to carry out the damage. Apparently it's more "skillful" to be less effective and rely on a 5-stacked Stomp of the King & a lucky GoF crit. Even today on world chat during Nation Wars BAQWOLF admitted to APS barb being a "more effective way" to play a barb, however it is still a "more noob" option as opposed to the 1-2-3-4 spamming DPH barb.

In my opinion, APS barb is no different than an APS BM or a 3.33 Sin. If anything, it's weaker than both of these two classes. Sin's have tidal protection, can be 3.33 base and stunlock. BM can completely stunlock. Barb's have a knockdown that has to be paired with Occult if wanting to kill anything.

Please explain to me how APS barb is bad in 1v1 and is less "Noob" than a Spark wizzie.

Go.
☆Barbarian the Superior race

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
Aps barb is for noobs only  :police:

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
Well people have their opinion about their class lol, if they think dph is barb better than aps barb so be it. In my opinion aps is better in killing the enemy..

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Please explain to me how APS barb is bad in 1v1 and is less "Noob" than a Spark wizzie.

Go.

Aps barb can go def with magic ring and tank china. 

Spark combo is easily avoided.

Knockdown is not.

Killing with a wizard during spark cooldown requires timing, spatial awareness, and proper chi useage seeing as most of the immobilizes and stuns are not guaranteed.

A barb can kinda sit there and be like "lol u done? lol" and then get back to spamming knockdown  and occult.

Spark wizard is cheap yes, but aps barb is probably one of the easiest 1v1 classes in existence currently.  Somewhere up there with 3.33 sin.

Surviving on a mage takes some level of skill. On barb, not so much.

These are simply my experiences with both classes. I found aps barb a lot easier to get the hang of when I played it a lot in 1v1.  Anyone is welcome to disagree.

Also, it's important to know that in a fight between an aps barb and a wizard, the wizard is meant to win if it's decent. There's a clear class advantage there.
I'm basically 40

Offline iota

• Forum Veteran
Wtf this long rant. Are you eviction #2?

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
Wtf this long rant. Are you eviction #2?
notice him senpai.

Offline Dom

• Making easies l3l
  • Characters: Domgrath
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Spark wizard is cheap yes, but aps barb is probably one of the easiest 1v1 classes in existence currently.  Somewhere up there with 3.33 sin.

Surviving on a mage takes some level of skill. On barb, not so much.

These are simply my experiences with both classes. I found aps barb a lot easier to get the hang of when I played it a lot in 1v1.  Anyone is welcome to disagree.

Also, it's important to know that in a fight between an aps barb and a wizard, the wizard is meant to win if it's decent. There's a clear class advantage there.

I agree with this, barb's are meant to be able to tank damage unlike wizard & with so little skills it can be easy to catch onto.

"it's important to know that in a fight between an aps barb and a wizard, the wizard is meant to win if it's decent."

very true as well. thank you for valid points.
☆Barbarian the Superior race

Offline Ruvik

• Just alot of inquisitive idiots
  • Characters: Ruvik
  • Faction: less
honestly i find aps barbs rather easy to beat there are a few that are hard to kill and some impossible like Xar <-for me anyway) but ima sin so aps barbs take a decent amount of damage where as dph barbs always rape my facehole but honestly who gives a *** about how you play a class as long as you win who cares? the goal of pk is to player kill which means to kill another player so stealth/pot/camp do whatever the frick you want to do because in the end ALL that matters is that your opponent dies and that you live :)

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
Lol dont quote something i never said like that... but i am not here for trolling....

The thing bout the effectivity is simple no matter if u are aps or dph build.... as aps the combo u do the most is
3spark->Mighty Swing->Bestial Onslaught->Penetrate Armor->Autoattack (correct me if i am wrong pls ty)
and in dph barb its probably
3spark->Mighty Swing->Penetrate Armor->Bestial Onslaught->Stomp of the Beast King
just cause the experience of ppl in gameplay over the last years proved that these combos are effective... i am not gonna blame someone for that right now but Barbs got more skills then that... i mean do u remember when u as a barb have used Swell or Garotte or Firestorm the last time in any pvp fight? I think i saw this NotCynix guy use Swell in one of his last videos so respect for that but besides that i rarely see it....
The next thing with aps barbs is (for me personal) if a barb was meant to wear claws (or a purgebow) barbs would have a mastery for that like BMs do (not for the bow i know) and if barbs were meant to wear LA gear then their rank gear would be LA... thats the reason why aps barbs are noobs for me.
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline ~Venom~

To me idc what kinda barb you are. Aps or Dph they both drop people. Hell even I made an aps barb but abusing primal hammer/occult ice and the INSANE barb survivability skills got very boring to me so I deleted him lol. Was a nice 2week experiment though  :P

But I've noticed on this server pk logic is very... odd. For example a psy camping white voodoo=noob... but a psy that died in black b/c he was suppose to be in white is also noob.. :-X
To become a god you need 3 things...
A little knowledge, A little power, And a whole lot of idiots.

Offline WorldsApart

• WorldsApart
  • You lost because you had me as your opponent. -Rob
  • Characters: WorldsApart
  • Faction: Ducks
Aps barb is for noobs only  :police:

LOOOL xD
:tiger-40: QUACK QUACK QUACK :tiger-40:

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
Lol dont quote something i never said like that... but i am not here for trolling....

The thing bout the effectivity is simple no matter if u are aps or dph build.... as aps the combo u do the most is
3spark->Mighty Swing->Bestial Onslaught->Penetrate Armor->Autoattack (correct me if i am wrong pls ty)
3spark->Mighty Swing->Penetrate Armor->Bestial Onslaught->Stomp of the Beast King
just cause the experience of ppl in gameplay over the last years proved that these combos are effective... i am not gonna blame someone for that right now but Barbs got more skills then that... i mean do u remember when u as a barb have used Swell or Garotte or Firestorm the last time in any pvp fight? I think i saw this NotCynix guy use Swell in one of his last videos so respect for that but besides that i rarely see it....
The next thing with aps barbs is (for me personal) if a barb was meant to wear claws (or a purgebow) barbs would have a mastery for that like BMs do (not for the bow i know) and if barbs were meant to wear LA gear then their rank gear would be LA... thats the reason why aps barbs are noobs for me.

are you saying that the reason APS barbs are bad is simply because
1) WBs were given all these skills in the game, so naturally you're supposed to use them all and if you don't that means you're bad
2) APS is meant for LA classes only

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
i am not saying that if u dont use all ur skills you are bad... i was just pointing out that nearly noone uses them anymore cause they arent efficient enough... and i dont think pwi (or pwcn) planned that ppl combine different sets of gear to go aps at all so i dont think any class was meant to be apsbuild....
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran

you know that years ago on 1.3 svs arechers used to use the decide claws in mass pk 1 vs 1 ? also did barbs ? and almost every other class is called screw the meta game and do something new even if the game give you a a lot of limits.

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
Why did you quote unknowns? their opinion doesn't matter  :police: and for those who are saying APS barb is easier than DPH barb in a 1v1, I'd like to see you fight a good EA or me(best) in both builds  :police: :police: