Epic Perfect World

Let's talk FPS

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
So we all know that PW has passed it's expiration date, but is there still any way to boost the playing experience?

Yea, PW hardly touches the gfx card and can't use more than one CPU core.
That would be fine, since it's such an old game almost any PC can run it even with that extremely out of date engine at it's heart.

Problems arise though when the number of players at one PK go above 100.
Frames drop to 6, 7 on the lowest setting, while running fine at 50+ fps on the highest of all settings out of PK.
Even so, 50 fps on a game with this graphics.. pretty bad.

So my question is, how does everyone else deal with 150 player PK, like last night?
Is there any hope for the PW engine in the future expansions ?

Offline PedroSner

• #TeamSner
  • Disbanded Tyrants, Siege, Savagery ,Hangover, AG, AE, Cardinals,and made them RQ to a diff server
  • Characters: PedroSner/ Sner
  • Faction: Artifex Leader
So we all know that PW has passed it's expiration date, but is there still any way to boost the playing experience?

Yea, PW hardly touches the gfx card and can't use more than one CPU core.
That would be fine, since it's such an old game almost any PC can run it even with that extremely out of date engine at it's heart.

Problems arise though when the number of players at one PK go above 100.
Frames drop to 6, 7 on the lowest setting, while running fine at 50+ fps on the highest of all settings out of PK.
Even so, 50 fps on a game with this graphics.. pretty bad.

So my question is, how does everyone else deal with 150 player PK, like last night?
Is there any hope for PK engine in the future expansions ?

30 fps +/- with full graphics, 200 -350 ping usually if over 100-120 people.

This is what i have tho...

http://prntscr.com/5xleoi
http://prntscr.com/5xlepn

However, PW Engine is extremelly outdated, not quiete sure if Wanmei ( PW company ) will do anything about it , anytime soon , considering how old game is and nothing was ever updated on this aspect  :normal-19:
Disbanded Tyrants, Siege, Savagery ,Hangover, AG, AE, Cardinals,and made them RQ to a diff server. After that went to that server disbanded them there and disbanded that server aswell.

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
10 fps ftw +1,3k ping ftw...  :'(

bvanharjr

1.5.2 will NOT bring any upgrades to the current game engine (Angelica) so I can only expect it to get worse as time passes.

Offline Mrs_Keileena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Mrs_Keileena
  • Faction: Warning

However, PW Engine is extremelly outdated, not quiete sure if Wanmei ( PW company ) will do anything about it , anytime soon , considering how old game is and nothing was ever updated on this aspect  :normal-19:

In pwi and china pw there is new engine. Well im not best at these stuffs but i think original pwi graphic looks different + wanmei said they will do it with new expansion, so i think they did.
.                                                                                                     

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
In pwi and china pw there is new engine. Well im not best at these stuffs but i think original pwi graphic looks different + wanmei said they will do it with new expansion, so i think they did.

They were supposed to be working on angelica3 engine as of last year.
I do not know if it has been implemented yet on any server or version.
I guess the way you would know is, your fps on the updated engine would be way higher than on epic pw atm.

Offline WorldsApart

• WorldsApart
  • You lost because you had me as your opponent. -Rob
  • Characters: WorldsApart
  • Faction: Ducks

Agreed
:tiger-40: QUACK QUACK QUACK :tiger-40:

Offline Mrs_Keileena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Mrs_Keileena
  • Faction: Warning
They were supposed to be working on angelica3 engine as of last year.
I do not know if it has been implemented yet on any server or version.
I guess the way you would know is, your fps on the updated engine would be way higher than on epic pw atm.

Well seems they didnt do a sh1t as always cuz my fps are same in both version (checked in prim world, and there is no many ppl in both versions - so similar conditions). I just remember that wanmei was writing sth about new engine incoming with eclipse expansion o.o
.                                                                                                     

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture

I have it on most of the times as my fps goes down to 2 with any distance, just have to watch out for random hiero's if i'm on a squishy class because no damage shows up.

Offline Royal

• S❤
  • retired drawer / Nea was here❤ / Mana was here too xoxo ❤
  • Faction: Codex mercenary

I have it on most of the times as my fps goes down to 2 with any distance, just have to watch out for random hiero's if i'm on a squishy class because no damage shows up.
I wish the damage showed up on this setting  :-X
Nea: this is proof of my power abuse mwahaha
proof of how noob u are

Offline Conami

This may sound awkward but i have more fps and no breaks in mass pvp/pve with graphics in max settings. If i use low settings i have less fps and more breaks.  :normal-19:

Max settings with v-sync/warp/soften off.

Offline Fade

• Old Player
  • pic by furin
  • Characters: Stile Fade Faith
I play on a modern laptop, but it's awful for Perfect World (quad core CPU), however what helps me is:
- simple models
- hidden hit lighting effect (they only distract in my opinion, it's better to have it disabled)
- in UI settings ticked option "Proxy visuals" AND "Distances" decreased to 40-60 meters (this is actually crucial for mass pvp)
- lowest graphics, but: full distance (helps finding the right direction), full setting on the ground and middle on water so the game doesn't look awful
- v-sync obviously turned on, it's just esential

With this setting I have 15-20 fps in a mass pvp which is still acceptable, it would be 3-5 in full settings.
I never bothered with "Only show important players" option, because I hate the way it works. And the fact that you don't see the damage you're getting is way too big downside imho.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
I wish the damage showed up on this setting  :-X
Use UI, go to Game, General, tick the 'Damage one' and in the small chat for game related things it will show the damage(yes, it works for me)

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
It's true.. settings don't change a sh1t... at least for me. And I can't play if I'm surrounded by big-headed gray-haired, chinese-faced models :'(

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Alhmir

• Alhmir
  • Never its too late to start again
  • Characters: ALHMIR

I know that feel xddddd