Epic Perfect World

1.4.4 files yes or no

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
Hates Bm Stun lock. have to agree with that comment there. Great point to bring up. You get into pvp and that what so many say right now is stun lock by a bm. Very nice Point

+2 to you :)

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
The stun lock vs soul of stunning is a valid point. However, stun locking takes a bit of practice to get it just right. Any idiot can throw on a 30 second buff every time it cools down.

Without any SF nerfs, a 150 full +12 psy can get around 70k SF. Which means a 16 second SoS if demon, 18 if sage. And psys hit so hard that if you accidentally poke that without an anti-stun on, you basically signed your death warrant. BMs need their stuns to keep people in their melee range so they actually CAN kill them, psys can just giggle and take their time killing you if SoS procs.

Also, just an FYI, 70k SF means a good solid 30-40% chance for Soul of Silence to proc and seal for 3 seconds (5 if sage). I've attacked psys like that before. It's nearly impossible.

Offline g0rml3ss

The stun lock vs soul of stunning is a valid point. However, stun locking takes a bit of practice to get it just right. Any idiot can throw on a 30 second buff every time it cools down.

Without any SF nerfs, a 150 full +12 psy can get around 70k SF. Which means a 16 second SoS if demon, 18 if sage. And psys hit so hard that if you accidentally poke that without an anti-stun on, you basically signed your death warrant. BMs need their stuns to keep people in their melee range so they actually CAN kill them, psys can just giggle and take their time killing you if SoS procs.

Also, just an FYI, 70k SF means a good solid 30-40% chance for Soul of Silence to proc and seal for 3 seconds (5 if sage). I've attacked psys like that before. It's nearly impossible.

Very valid points Chum how ever most ppl that play BM on private servers do so because of the use of glitches and have without a shadow of a doubt taken the time to learn the stun skill timings and a fair amount of them having mastered it, this being the reason they are so effective on private servers and not so abundant on offi since the glitches were removed. There are those ofc who can play a BM well without the glitches and those I tip my hat to. Yep Psy's are a deadly force, and yes anybody can use the 30 sec buff on cd but they will still need to learn how to play the class to be effectively killing ppl, this is why I personally think adding them wouldn't be so much harm especially "if" the glitches will not be fixed on bm's. I'm willing to bet there will be a lot more experienced glitch BM's on the server than experienced devastating Psy's for some time to come, for this reason I think it would add a point of interest to the pvp aspect and give BM's a need to think on their feet rather than flip a coin on which glitch to use next to wipe out the opposition in a 2 or 3 stun combo.

Offline PandaBear

bms are a melee class so they should have alot of stun/ immob powers and once 1.4.4 is out its easy to get out of a bms lock. Psys are ranged and can do extreme damage even at low levels

Offline Taku

• Just a kitty
  • Bro, it's obvious.
Chum is correct when it comes to the stats.
This is a 150 Psychic, without full refines ( due to wearing rank rings ).

The seal can be just as nasty as the stun, we've played around with it and it's not exactly rare.
Add on a genie with good LP and you have OP. You also have to take in account the attack and defense levels Black and White Voodoo give. But this can differ depending on the gear available and if it adds levels to either.
And the damage dealt by the various skills above obviously takes resistances into consideration, so that's not the exact damage they deal.

There are ways around a Psychic's tactics, true, but they can be nasty if given the chance.
Most would not know how to counter them, just as most may not know how to play them. But it's a lot easier to learn to play one than to counter one. You have to learn their buffs and their timing can kill you.
Last Edit: Mar 07, 2012, 10:03 pm by Taku

Offline Psychosis

• Random
  • Characters: Legit, aoki, Altair
I personally am wondering why everyone is complaining about Psys and Sins, Psys have some weaknesses, as do Sins. Sins can't one hit people, it takes abit of time to do, therefor stealth wouldn't be a problem. Psys are long-ranged and if you can get one stun on them they're dead. If you jump as you chase them it's not that likely that you will be sealed(Since you can't be sealed in mid-air). Also every class is op if the person who's behind the toon knows how to use it.
Legit-WB Asesinato-WR Aero- MG Altair- Sin
String- EA Psychosis- Psy Peermato- EP
Vortex- Seeker Pot- EP Bowydude- EA
 aoki- DB McDiehler- SB Flexing- WF

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
...Psys are long-ranged and if you can get one stun on them they're dead. If you jump as you chase them it's not that likely that you will be sealed(Since you can't be sealed in mid-air). Also every class is op if the person who's behind the toon knows how to use it.

First of all, you can be sealed in midair. I have been hundred of times across multiple servers.

And even if you couldn't be sealed in midair, soul of silence only seals you when you attack them (which you can't do while jumping).

Combine a 40% chance that every hit you land on them will seal you for 3-5 seconds with a possible natural 66-69 defense levels in white voodoo, and how exactly are you planning on killing them in one stun (which is very hard to do with NORMAL equal-geared arcanes)?
Last Edit: Mar 08, 2012, 02:03 am by Chum

Offline alfred

• Troublemaker!
  • Characters: Jotun/Jotunborn
  • Faction: Arcturus
this server is boring and empty.. please add the new classes.

Offline PandaBear

he's right +1

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
As Agatio said, the patch will be released in around 3 weeks, and I guess there's no thing we could do to hurry it up at the moment.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline BitchPlease

• Ingame chars: SourPower and SneakPeak
Can't wait to launch a seeker on this server :) But if I may say my point of vieuw. I think  guys shouldn't worry about the invisibilaty of the sins, but about the massive hp they will get with the +12 refine and gaia stones. In my opinion sins are even better stunners than BM's and if they have good hp to, that will be a problem later on.

Offline WEEWEE

I just hope he takes his time and does this right, if things are not well balanced...well we will get an influx of people I am sure, but I would not expect anyone to stay long if pvp is broken / everyone plays the same class, and that includes the current playerbase.

Offline luvyoshiluv

Just a small idea for the Sin's shadow walk.
Take out the mp usage, and make the invisible duration only like 10-20seconds with a 1min or so cooldown?

(i don't even know if you can change skills like that, lol)...

OR you could cap the stealth passives or the skill itself.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I can't edit skills, also I think the only thing that would make Sins OP here would be giving them OP weapons procs (like berserk) so I must be careful with that.