Epic Perfect World

1.4.4 files yes or no

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
OK so i have rethought it all and I think that making this server 1.4.4 with all stuff besides new classes would be the best :)

Offline Rompur

hope it does not mean wipe?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
of course not!    ??? ???

Offline Rompur

ok good then :P and gotta say, that sounds pretty nice idea! :)
Last Edit: Feb 15, 2012, 09:33 pm by Rompur

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
Sorry Agatio, I misread your post lol when first replying.

I mean Id LOVE to see a 2nd server with "balanced" classes and the works but, as we have established, putting them on this one would ruin it.

I still recommend a few weeks if not a few months of testing before this server is patched over. We've waited almost 2 years for all of the bells and whistles of 1.4.4 im sure we can wait a few more months. Even better, release the stuff slowly in several small patches rather than a huge one to ease the workload of yourself and to help combat players exploiting bugs that were overlooked like in another server that just released them *coughs*. Anyways, thanks for the updates and I look forward to helping test out the files if needed :)

Hope your trip was enjoyable,

Darknae

Last Edit: Feb 16, 2012, 02:12 am by darknae
Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline kirya00

I think as long as we do not get the new classes.. it would be nice to have the updates. I personally have Played some of the new ones.. as much as I like Sins and Mystic's.. I think it would ruin the server.. I like the original classes..  *sneezes and crawls back in bed*

Offline Rhelanna

I'm actually a bit disappointed. I enjoy playing my Sin and Seeker. And I'm not a pvp'er. I guess I'll just have to go back to other server when I want to play on my Sin or Seeker. There are actually a lot of people out there are looking for private servers that are the 1.4.4 with all the classes too.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I'm actually a bit disappointed. I enjoy playing my Sin and Seeker. And I'm not a pvp'er. I guess I'll just have to go back to other server when I want to play on my Sin or Seeker. There are actually a lot of people out there are looking for private servers that are the 1.4.4 with all the classes too.
In few days there will be four 1.4.4 servers that don't differ from each other (pure PK, instant 105+), since there is no quest edit tool yet, so their customization is reduced to adding few items to new NPCs.
And since there is no quest edit tool yet, converting this server, or making fun customized 1.4.4 server like this one is impossible.
At the moment I am aiming on adding things from 1.4.4 that don't need conversion.
Last Edit: Feb 18, 2012, 09:27 am by Agatio

Offline Faeryl

In few days there will be four 1.4.4 servers that don't differ from each other (pure PK, instant 105+), since there is no quest edit tool yet, so their customization is reduced to adding few items to new NPCs.
And since there is no quest edit tool yet, converting this server, or making fun customized 1.4.4 server like this one is impossible.
At the moment I am aiming on adding things from 1.4.4 that don't need conversion.

Agreed, the servers out there that have the 1.4.4 are pure pk and leveling is a breeze. I know that if you can do what you did with Epic, I am sure in time with edit tools you can make the races addition of the 1.4.4 extremely enjoyable. At first when the idea was introduced my opinion was negative, which I kept to my myself, but I am leaning more towards my true feelings that never knock something unless you try it. I think adding the 1.4.4 content slowly, while on a test server working your magic would be an awesome idea. Remember Rome wasn't built in day, so take you time and before we know it we will be the first p-server with a completely customized 1.4.4 server including races.
When Soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a
battlefield they all have one rank in my eyes.

Offline g0rml3ss

Only things I'd like to see with the new files personally , is glitches removed (especially with the addition of genies) and buff filter added, all else im not really fussed about :)

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
im kind of on the side with someone who posted earlier about genies ruining pvp and UNBALANCING what agatio has already set in place. I'm not that familiar with the genies but from what ive heard there are skills that can be added to the genie that are OP and much like a glitch itself. I'm all for glitches being removed as well as veno's being nerfed but hey im probably the only one that feels this way (the venos being nerfed).

Offline Rhelanna

Genies have their uses though. Like saving squads in instances with Absolute Domain. And Zeals are quite handy being able to lure a boss away from mobs.  :)

Offline Elu

im kind of on the side with someone who posted earlier about genies ruining pvp and UNBALANCING what agatio has already set in place. I'm not that familiar with the genies but from what ive heard there are skills that can be added to the genie that are OP and much like a glitch itself. I'm all for glitches being removed as well as veno's being nerfed but hey im probably the only one that feels this way (the venos being nerfed).

You're not alone. I do find them a bit OP, I've found them OP ever since I started playing this game 4 years ago actually.

And I had my time with Genies in PWI before it went to hell, they were quite usefull sometimes and actually, in some cases, balanced things. For example, it was quite a challenge to kill WF's there as a WR, it was possible of course and got to do it several times if around my level, but once a higher leveled one came, I was doomed. Yet, when genies came out, with a set of skills I got for it, I could kill WF's about 10 levels above me. So in a way, they could be pretty nice.
-Retired-

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?

You're not alone. I do find them a bit OP, I've found them OP ever since I started playing this game 4 years ago actually.

And I had my time with Genies in PWI before it went to hell, they were quite useful sometimes and actually, in some cases, balanced things. For example, it was quite a challenge to kill WF's there as a WR, it was possible of course and got to do it several times if around my level, but once a higher leveled one came, I was doomed. Yet, when genies came out, with a set of skills I got for it, I could kill WF's about 10 levels above me. So in a way, they could be pretty nice.

Id be willing to try them as I said before I didn't have much time to learn them before I left pwi and what little I did learn wasn't worth me approving them before, lol tells you how long I've been on p-servers.

Offline alfred

• Troublemaker!
  • Characters: Jotun/Jotunborn
  • Faction: Arcturus
I am playing mystic on another private server and i don't think they are overpowered. I tried assassin too and it totally sucked, a same level archer with exactly the same eqpt killed me without any problem. Never tried psychic, but if Mr.agatio will install the new races ill give it a try.