Epic Perfect World

Unable to download epw

Offline lordceric

• Characters: Tatchi_Koma
So i have tried every possible way to download epw on my comp but to no avail. I have looked at all the help topics and haven't been able to find anything close to this situation. Every time i try and download the game it downloads then says the game is not installed then deletes itself. If i try to download the patcher it brings up the normal pwi arc client and wont proceed from there. Any ideas as to what i can do short of uninstalling normal pwi just so i can play epw?
LoL Happens

Offline Δ

• I was here for a moment
  • And then I was gone| i died to ares + im noob
  • Characters: Alexypk
  • Faction: Epw_Team
Hello, I believe it's your antivirus that is responsible for stopping downloading the client.
Best way to download EPW client is via torrent which u can get from here:
http://epicpw.com/download/EpicPerfectWorld-v86.torrent
Then simply open it with some torrent program (I recommend uTorrent) and download it without any problems. You can pause/resume/stop downloading whenever you want and the file wont get corrputed unlike while downloading from the website directly. While unpacking the client, u can disable your anti virus for a while to be sure everything goes all right.

Offline lordceric

Ty alex but i have already made the exception in my antivirus for epw as well as downloading with no antivirus, meaning i uninstalled the antivirus just to make sure and even turned off windows defender, and have tried normal download and used both utorrent and bitlord and neither of them work. What im attempting now is re downloading after the removal of the arc defender for pwi and seeing if that helps any.
LoL Happens

bvanharjr

Which Antivirus do you use?

Offline lordceric

I was using norton biut i am now using avast. Just retried downloading with out normal pwi and arc installed and with no antivirus and it still says application cannot be found. if i down load the epic patcher it brings up the normal pwi launcher even though its no long installed. If more info is needed i am running windows 8.1 64 bit.
LoL Happens

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
You extracted the file before trying to launch it right?
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline lordceric

does not give the option of extracting. As soon as download is finished it says it cannot find the program and deletes itself form the comp.
LoL Happens

bvanharjr

Did you use Norton's uninstall tool before installing Avast?

If so, open up Internet Explorer. Click on the cog in the top-right and click on Internet Options.

Click on the Security Tab and select Medium-High (Middle option.) Head over to the Privacy tab as well and make sure the bar is on Medium (middle.)

Go ahead and try downloading again through the torrent.

Did that work?

Offline lordceric

yes norton is 100% uninstalled from the comp and residual memory. But still went online to make sure as you provided. tried to download again and got same message. Just downloaded on another comp here with same specs and had no issues so im guessing its something deeper with this comp.
LoL Happens

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
How are you redownloading whole client in 10 min?
Are you sure you download the client and not something else?

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
How are you redownloading whole client in 10 min?
Are you sure you download the client and not something else?

This. ^

It's a 7.5 GB file.....unless you have INSANELY fast net, you are downloading the wrong thing I assume.

You're downloading from here?:

http://epicpw.com/index.php?page=download
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline lordceric

My internet is 50mbp down n 5 up
LoL Happens

Offline Pharaoh

• Old Player
Just download the game with torrent. You shouldn't  have any issue. As for antivirus, use 360, any other slows your computer and start acting all crazy whenever you try to download something.

Offline iota

• Forum Veteran
As for antivirus, use 360

360noscopemlg all virus.

bvanharjr

If you have a thumbdrive, try transferring the client over from the other PC.