Epic Perfect World

i wanted to know if the compture i just order can play epw

Offline smokey

its been about two and a half three years since I played any PW I just ordered the computer and wanted to know if I'll be able to play it on my new computer here ate the spec

Offline Mihi

• Old Player
  • Characters: _Achilles
  • Faction: Artifex
No they upgraded too much. You need at least a 5th gen i7 and a GTX 760 4GB DDR5 GFX card with at least 32GB of RAM and 5TB of HDD. Also an Asus Rampage V motherboard.

Good news is that the power source, cooling, and the case is upto you.

Offline smokey

Ok so i guss i can I cancel my order and find something that will run it

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Miami......lol....

I have an Asus with an i5 and 6 GB RAM and my laptop runs Epic/PWI just fine with no problems. Intel processor is better than AMD, imo. :/
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline smokey

Befor i put my order in should this run the game with no lag

Offline smokey

or if somebody knows a website where I can buy a computer I don't want to spend over $2000 USD

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Befor i put my order in should this run the game with no lag

That computer is just fine. lol More than fine.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline _ZACK_

• True friendships are like...once you meet again it's like you were never apart...
  • Characters: _ZACK_
  • Faction: FullMetal
+1 to Tonika...I have a Lenovo laptop with Intel i5, 8 GB ram and 750GB HHD with Win8-64 bit OS...running EPW smoothly even with 6 clients open  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline smokey

Ty i just ordered the comp and will be playing soon.time to donate a little and get some stuff to help me lvl up and get gear

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
Yes, there is a site you can go to buy cheaper. http://newegg.com/

You can ask here for recommendations, etc, or try a tech forum.

It's cheaper to build a solid PC by buying parts, than buying a 'stock' one. Stock PCs will load up on specs to make it very appealing while at the same time lacking in important areas(you don't find this out until you try to max out a game..) and jacking the price up sky high.

What worries me about the pics you posted is they don't list the GPU. Luckily you're just concerned about EPW, and the framework for Perfect World relies on the CPU. But if you wanna do some serious gaming, research on good powerful and CHEAP cards is required.

I run in an AMD FX 6300 3.5ghz which maxs out the game. And my 560ti died days go, but my "hold me over" card, a dinosaur 9800GTX is doing well. If that means anything. No one that knows their way with computers will buy a PC for 2 grand. My entire system was 900 bucks, and it maxed out Skyrim(GPU heavy).

You can forgo things like monitor, keyboard, mouse, DVD drives, if you already have these, which saves you even more money.

Perfect World is an old MMO, created with old technology and at a time where things like a pathetic P4 could run it easily.
Last Edit: Jan 01, 2015, 11:10 pm by Talaria
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer