Epic Perfect World

State of the game.

Offline Jyuuma

• Characters: Prea, Lhuanne, Dayanne, Silver_Eyes, Arkhas, August_Verm
Howdy everyone! Jyuuma here, nice to meet you.

I'm completely new to EpicPW and was wondering what was the current state of the game in this server.

As in:
- Rates
- Items in general
- Leveling time and places (with and w/o special items)
- Gearing up time and requirements (if can done be Solo or if it requires teams regularly)
- Timezones (from experience i know these affect heavily on the availability of other players for team-related activities)
- Guilds
- Population
- Classes (the most popular, and the ones that are lacking the most, nowadays)
- Demon/Sage path recommendations
- Any other things that make it different from the official servers.
- PK? (anything that i should really know :o)
- Etc.

I've played PW before (at least before the Earthguard release, anything EG and onwards is completely new to me), and i've also played on at least another private server before, that's no longer available.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day :)

The greatest danger lies not on what strikes from the shadows, but from what dares to stand in front of you with a big smile.

Prea (Sage Mystic, main), Lhuanne (Demon Sin), Dayanne (Sage Veno), Silver_Eyes (Demon SB), Arkhas (Demon Psy), August_Verm (Demon Wiz, inactive)

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran
Exp from monsters x100 (custom exp curve)
Exp from quests x10
Drop 100% (no level penalty)
Spirit x100
Gold x150
Prestige / Influence x5
warsong belt dragonchild scale nw ring ascended , dragon cape r8 etc
lvl to 110 killing bunnies at your spawn area then spam pv
prolly 2 months max
i dont know timezone
mass pk guilds = artifex,outcast,theunion(soon maybe)mass pve=rawr,adversity,godsarmy
1000+ players online 24/7
most popular are archers and wizard most lacking seekers and psychics
look up at Search button
people,gms,events,pve,pvp
you need to go white name and thats all
try to hit up Search button next time

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
Alright, I'll try to answer your questions as best as possible.

Server Rates are as follows:
Server info:
  • Level Cap: 150
  • Exp from monsters x100 (custom exp curve)
  • Exp from quests x10
  • Drop 100% (no level penalty)
  • Spirit x100
  • Gold x150
  • Prestige / Influence x5

Not sure what you mean by "items in general"?
  • Fashion is pretty much free at the fashion NPCs in all the major cities.
  • Starting game gives you extended inventory, bank, and wardrobe (I think)
  • You can buy all your basic necessities from the Gods Giving NPC
  • Runes, morai brews, and 140 armor tokens are in boutique (can get with a bit of voting)

Gearing up doesn't take very long at all.
  • Reputation - You can buy 200k rep with 750 ec (at least that was the going price when I was gearing up, not sure what it is now), or you can vote and get the rep that way (You can also do GBQ if you have a guild and use contribution points to buy rep).
  • Rank 8 Recast - This part will take you the longest due to having to reroll it repeatedly. Some people have extraordinary luck and get good rolls easily, others take months.
  • Cape - 12 Successful lunar TM runs. Will probably take 2-3 hours for all 12. Parties for these usually reside at Arrowhead Manor and you can find them any time of the day (especially now with this new TU guild coming to server)
  • Neck and belt - Your neck and belt will be a Cube necklace or a Dragonscale neck and a ws belt. Cube and ws belt can be farmed pretty easily. I think a clean Cube costs 5k and a clean belt costs 6k (correct me if I'm wrong). Dragonscales can be gotten from doing Dragon Temple, guild events, farming 6k Old Bronze Coins on nightscream, or buying one from someone in world chat.
  • Other tips - After level 110, you will be able to farm a set of gear for every 10 levels. It's recommended that you follow up with this because using the 110 gear will make you relatively squishy while you're trying to level.

Leveling
  • Leveling doesn't take long at all. It will take you 2-3 days to get max level if you try-hard Phoenix Valley. A week and a half if you're lazy about it.
  • Phoenix Valley and Forgotten Frostland is where most people level nowadays.
  • You can also buy level scrolls from boutique (if you vote enough).
  • It takes 36 Super Level Scrolls to jump from 140 to 150.

Popular classes
  • Archer is most popular for mass pk.
  • Sin is most popular for 1v1.
  • Venos are ridiculous on this server.
  • And in my opinion, none of the classes are really lacking. Agatio has tried his hardest to keep EPW a relatively balanced server and for the most part, he's been successful (as successful as you can be with a game like EPW).

Miscellaneous things asked about:
  • Population wise, EPW is the most populated pw server out there, even more than some official servers. It's nice to have such a large community as it keeps it active for PK and PVE purposes.
  • Demon and sage depends on your play-style and class.
  • PK is pretty intense on this server (so long as one guild doesn't ragequit halfway through). The mass pk guilds are Artifex, Outcasts, TheUnion, and Warning. Artifex is dominating TW at the moment (because The Union isn't geared up yet). The best mass PK is usually anywhere from 17:00 - 22:00 server time.
  • Time Zones - There are people on EPW in all manner of Time Zones. Usually in the early morning for me, the Asians are playing (aka Axe Group and Ares), but they're not usually a factor to the major PK times of the English speaking guilds.

Differences from official server:
  • Max level is 150
  • Obvious fast leveling
  • The currency is Epic Coins or EC
  • Event Tokens are important for crafting gear or getting cooler fliers/mounts.
  • The GMs are pretty interactive in the community (as far as hosting events and enforcing the rules goes)
  • The good fliers here are +13.00 m/s
  • Mounts are 15 m/s
  • End game is r8r
  • You don't have to sell your house to get geared

There are a ton of guides on forums. You'll probably find these pretty helpful:

This is all I can really think of at the moment. If you need help or have any questions feel free to send me a Pm on forums or in game.

P.S. It's obvious you played official server, but I was wondering what server and what your name was? Your forum name looks pretty familiar. >.<
Last Edit: Dec 27, 2014, 03:31 am by Aʟʏх

Offline Jyuuma

Thanks so much for all the info :D

I indeed played on official servers but not under this name, and never really got really known xD
I'm downloading the game now, and will probably put my character name on my signature or something, as soon as i figure out things here xD

I do use this name a lot as my general alias on the internet, if that helps :3 lol

The greatest danger lies not on what strikes from the shadows, but from what dares to stand in front of you with a big smile.

Prea (Sage Mystic, main), Lhuanne (Demon Sin), Dayanne (Sage Veno), Silver_Eyes (Demon SB), Arkhas (Demon Psy), August_Verm (Demon Wiz, inactive)

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
Thanks so much for all the info :D

I indeed played on official servers but not under this name, and never really got really known xD
I'm downloading the game now, and will probably put my character name on my signature or something, as soon as i figure out things here xD

I do use this name a lot as my general alias on the internet, if that helps :3 lol
No problem an' alrighty. Just lemme know if you need anymore help.

Offline Xennarion

• Neophyte
Welcome  :smiley: I'm new too, and its a learning experience, but def a lot of fun and much better than PWI in many ways.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
State of game : butthurt baddies Zerg bc never win real fight with backstabbing nerd player and Brazil came here to rekt

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
Alright, I'll try to answer your questions as best as possible.

Server Rates are as follows:
Not sure what you mean by "items in general"?
Gearing up doesn't take very long at all.
Leveling
Popular classes
Miscellaneous things asked about:
Differences from official server:
There are a ton of guides on forums. You'll probably find these pretty helpful:
This is all I can really think of at the moment. If you need help or have any questions feel free to send me a Pm on forums or in game.

P.S. It's obvious you played official server, but I was wondering what server and what your name was? Your forum name looks pretty familiar. >.<

the fact you -actually- went out of your way to post this is quite astonishing.

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
alyx pretty much coverd it all.
so all youre getting from me is a welcome to epic ^^
and let us know if you have anymore questions.
the community and ecspecialy our GMs are pretty helpful.
in game you can always check the support chatroom ~ most of the times youll find a gm there to help you.

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
the fact you -actually- went out of your way to post this is quite astonishing.
I know, right? Because I'm such a horrendous person.

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
I know, right? Because I'm such a horrendous person.

I mean, you said it yourself. Not me.  :D

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
The tittle "state of the game", made me think this thread was a condense approach at tackling class disparity....
>.> Meh
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
...fish werebeat and human...

the superior race..

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
Alyx - selling your house would only get you the R9 weapon. I love jumping on opportunities to trash PWE.
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer

Offline Jyuuma

The tittle "state of the game", made me think this thread was a condense approach at tackling class disparity....
>.> Meh

I'll be honest. I named it "State of the game" half expecting detailed posts for newer players (like me, whether they had played PW before or not) to have a better idea of what they were jumping into, other than the information already provided by the site itself: It helps, but listening about the game from the people who's playing it themselves helps a bit more as well. And i did get them! Now to discuss the state of classes and their balance in this server might come up later on future posts, i'll leave that for the people that's willing to provide that much specific information :)

Also, taken from Ky earlier in the thread...

most popular are archers and wizard most lacking seekers and psychics

This would be proven by taking a look at the current Player Ranking :)