Epic Perfect World

Alternate NS suggestion

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
There have been a bunch of suggestions for NS lately, I don't like most of them much so here's an alternate suggestion to make NS more interesting.

Add a quest, you get it automatically in the respawn area.
Dying fails it.
Leaving NS fails it.

The quest rewards you with extra bronze coins or some alternate reward for killing crystals. The more crystals you take down, the higher said reward. (Say, a bonus at 10, 25, 50, 100, 150 crystals killed, bigger bonus for higher amounts.)

Why would this make it more interesting?
Because the quest fails when you leave. Which means farmers are rewarded for taking a risk instead of banking quickly.

On a slightly related note:
Not sure if at all possible, but Theatre of Blood has a very nice glow animation above a characters head indicating how much they've gathered. Adding this could be interesting as well, to mark the good targets.
Last Edit: Dec 05, 2014, 12:50 pm by Feone

jakho

wow amazing,
but it's dying* bro.
anyway: +1

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
wow amazing,
but it's dying* bro.
anyway: +1

ahahhaah Pedja going around and correcting ppl for "dying".. Like every day
awesome suggestion +1 feo

Offline Praelium

• Forum Veteran
Nice suggestion bro, at least it will give some people something to do in spare time.

Offline S-PAG-HET

• Post Farmer of the Year
  • Nah..
  • Characters: Nothing to see here
  • Faction: please disperse
I like this suggestion...  ;)

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran
i support this +1

infernchidhu

I like it, that moba type patch with increases risky plays +1, but it prolly wont be that simple i feel. People would log alts farm crystals afk in the SZ die to the main char 1 by 1 and get the bigger rewards, but yes i like the concept +1.  :smiley:

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
I'm neither +1'ing this or -1'ing this. Just wanted to point something out.
Why do farmers bank quickly? To save themselves from loosing their OBC. So if they "take a risk" and go for the "higher rewards" by getting more crystals, they will be loosing more if killed.
They only people who would benefit from this are the ones who just kill the farmers in NS to get their EC drops.
Lets take an example:
EvilTouch and Alexypk goes to NS and starts farming more and more crystals to get the "higher rewards". For that he has been farming there for quite some time. Then some random Agatio shows up and just kills them to get their ton of OBC and just ports out. So Agatio now just keeps doing that again and again and he's rich without touching a single crystal. Wooooosh.
So if there is a bonus it needs to be something other than OBC, which won't drop. (Maybe and equivalent amount of EC)
Get my point? :)
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Why do farmers bank quickly? To save themselves from loosing their OBC. So if they "take a risk" and go for the "higher rewards" by getting more crystals, they will be loosing more if killed.
They only people who would benefit from this are the ones who just kill the farmers in NS to get their EC drops.
Lets take an example:
EvilTouch and Alexypk goes to NS and starts farming more and more crystals to get the "higher rewards". For that he has been farming there for quite some time. Then some random Agatio shows up and just kills them to get their ton of OBC and just ports out. So Agatio now just keeps doing that again and again and he's rich without touching a single crystal. Wooooosh.
So if there is a bonus it needs to be something other than OBC, which won't drop. (Maybe and equivalent amount of EC)
thats the whole point of ns, ec from pvp : )
i feel like i'm dead

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
The point of NS is exactly to motivate PvP, if you got what it takes go farm there and take a risk if not then don't go. its pretty much that.

I like the idea of adding that quest, if its possible ot add that code "more crystals killed = higher reward" i'm not so sure, but maybe can find a solution for it.

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
It sounds really good, but I don't think it'll make NS any better. Pkers will camp NS even more then, and it's pretty easy to see who's stocked up on ec and those will just become a huge billboard to attract people to gank them. Gankers instantly bank, and whoop; there goes their progress. Eventually most people will just give up on taking that risk because it's pointless.

My suggestion is to just revamp Theater of Blood into this idea, simply because nobody can leave the arena before it's over. Meaning everybody can try to get their drops back at all times, plus this event will become more attractive.  :'(

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Lets take an example:

Nobody is forced to take the risk though. They'd get their OBC's as normal.  The quest is just a bonus for those who do risk it. Better reward if they get away with it, better reward for the pker if they don't. People who don't want to risk it can still bank as usual.

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
+1 that actually sounds like fun :)

Offline sakurabak

I don't think that encouraging pvp in ns is a good idea.People tend to be way too unfair and they won''t allow any fun for anyone.
The longer you farm the better quests you complete- also rather against this, don't want too see silly vitality barbs running around.
What I would like to see, rare crystals popping up with 5 old bronze coins (quite rare) and 20-50 coins (rare) and  SUPPLY TOKENS?
I hate NW (bugged map, never equal fights), getting supply tokens for  me is a big pain (Im sure , for others too), so extra crystals with supply tokens would be great.
P.S. You could maybe implement mobs or mini bosses (5m hp?) that drop rare stuff:)
Last Edit: Dec 05, 2014, 01:58 pm by sakurabak