Yes
28 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: Dec 09, 2014, 03:11 pm

A new, larger NS map

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
NS is farming place for all level players...if map will be large  then GvG also allowed in their :normal-43:
i think its not good for farmers!!

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
As one of the people who spends a lot of time at NS I'd say it's large enough as-is. Bigger map simply means a ton more walking around for farmers to get from crystal to crystal.

I'd rather see the south farming spot divided into 2 smaller spots, south is far slower than north for farming due to how spread out the crystals are. Spicing up the crystals could be nice though. Perhaps give them the occasional rare drop. (Old bronze event gold? Add a nice visual effect, theatre of blood style, for people who have it in their inventory so they become targets as well.)

Besides.. I don t see why a bigger map would be better. Most of the time farmers are pretty well sheltered, a lot of the people who spend time at NS tend to cover them. At least, the farmers that don't go around ganking randomly and/or stealing drops from others.

Plus.. solo pkers aren't particularly scary, a careful farmer can always escape (immunity apo + town tp if neccesary..) . The only time farmers get wiped out is when a faction brings an army to kill the few random players there, but this isn't all that common and only Artifex and Gods Army tend to do this frequently.
+1, NS does tend to get a bit overpopulated sometimes with all of the farmers, which leads to PK - but then there's usually always some PK in NS.

I don't see how a larger map or an increase in crystal population (in South NS) could hurt too much.

Also, this:

I'm okay with how it is now, but I don't see how a bigger map would hurt either.

Empower | Possess | Exorcise

Siggy Credit ♥

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
As one of the people who spends a lot of time at NS I'd say it's large enough as-is. Bigger map simply means a ton more walking around for farmers to get from crystal to crystal.

I'd rather see the south farming spot divided into 2 smaller spots, south is far slower than north for farming due to how spread out the crystals are. Spicing up the crystals could be nice though. Perhaps give them the occasional rare drop. (Old bronze event gold? Add a nice visual effect, theatre of blood style, for people who have it in their inventory so they become targets as well.)

Besides.. I don t see why a bigger map would be better. Most of the time farmers are pretty well sheltered, a lot of the people who spend time at NS tend to cover them. At least, the farmers that don't go around ganking randomly and/or stealing drops from others.

Plus.. solo pkers aren't particularly scary, a careful farmer can always escape (immunity apo + town tp if neccesary..) . The only time farmers get wiped out is when a faction brings an army to kill the few random players there, but this isn't all that common and only Artifex and Gods Army tend to do this frequently.
I agree with everything, also dividing the south part into two is something worth considering. I like this map as it is and I cannot think of any that would possibly be better.

scatterer3

I do not quite understand why farmers are the protagonists in your reply. Nightscream Island is a PVP instance (maybe its character changed and I'm not aware of it). The reasons are simple. The PVP quality is relatively higher. People tend to team up in the major cities in the main map and as we know, the gap between two people at lv. 150 with decent gear isn't high, that's why it's really hard to win against 3-4 people alone. Nightscream Island is probably the only place where you can fight different people (unlike the main map, where you see the same people over and over again) and enjoy solo PK. Mass PK doesn't attract me, and the fact that I play seeker makes it even worse. And what makes NS so special is the fact that people do not argue so much.

My purpose is to PK and not to farm in NS, sometimes people team up even in NS against me and sometimes friends farm and it's rude to fight/kill them. More spots/places to farm means more opportunities to PK.

Adding special drops and that 'theater of blood' flame would be interesting.

And welcome back Feone xP.
Last Edit: Dec 02, 2014, 02:44 pm by Professional

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

Thanks, it's nice having some time to waste on games again  :D

Though you misunderstood my point a bit I think, farmers are targets, but even so many of the regulars are nice to them. My point was that farmers really don't need more places to hide from pkers because it's not hard to avoid them already.

I also very much agree on the solo pk. Sure ganks happen a lot in ns too, but usually in smaller groups. Not being stealthsparked randomly every time you fight something is nice as well.

Offline WorldsApart

• WorldsApart
  • You lost because you had me as your opponent. -Rob
  • Characters: WorldsApart
  • Faction: Ducks
Would be nice to have it bigger. But if it becomes bigger mass pk's are mostly to come to NS. XD
:tiger-40: QUACK QUACK QUACK :tiger-40:

scatterer3

Would be nice to have it bigger. But if it becomes bigger mass pk's are mostly to come to NS. XD

I was thinking of having smaller farm spots (like the dividing south suggestion) but more of them in the map. But I think it necessary to add a larger map for more spots.

Offline ArnldSqshdMyNgbr

• ★Venocancer☠
  • Characters: ✒🍍🍎✒
  • Faction: ♔ ʌ℘๏ℓℓʊʍⅈ ♔
i have made threads about pk in NS a lot of times since 2012 if you guys want to help farmers make blue names unavailable to get pked.. but then GM's complain don't want the server to be easier .. so i agree with them on the other hand ns is really nice anti-stealth place for pk. In conclusion what i want to say .. it's fine the way it is.. only the drop matters to get higher but we have x2 events for that also the problem about gettin PKed and get griefed of your farm is another problem that lazy people are too dumb to get over with.. if you have good friends and a team in ns, i'm sure pkers won't be a problem if you all farm together :)
Also can't PKers fight only to the right side of NS and let the left side for farmers? like they always did?

me, peds & apo  :-* siggy for 1 person :)) O:-)

:tiger-48: thanks for fun :tiger-48:

Offline Echooo♧

• Old Player
  • Characters: ♣StormBringer♣
+1 but it think just add much more crystals :D like x3 or 5times more  ;D
i have made threads about pk in NS a lot of times since 2012 if you guys want to help farmers make blue names unavailable to get pked.. but then GM's complain don't want the server to be easier .. so i agree with them on the other hand ns is really nice anti-stealth place for pk. In conclusion what i want to say .. it's fine the way it is.. only the drop matters to get higher but we have x2 events for that also the problem about gettin PKed and get griefed of your farm is another problem that lazy people are too dumb to get over with.. if you have good friends and a team in ns, i'm sure pkers won't be a problem if you all farm together :)
Also can't PKers fight only to the right side of NS and let the left side for farmers? like they always did?

I'm sorry for off-topicness but - do you actually endeavour to make your font incredibly difficult to read? :tiger-43:
Empower | Possess | Exorcise

Siggy Credit ♥

DeadPolii

i think it is good as it is,no need to bigger map cus it is already  big....

Offline Shiden

• Hives
  • Characters: BM Shiden
  • Faction: Lin Kuei Leader
add more crystals :P and can add buff orbs to the larger side as well ijs

Zirkon

-1 The bigger the map gets the more chance of mass pk happening there, and lot of people just go there to farm purposes only, and only occasional Rpkers visit there, What right now going on in ns is good as it is.