Epic Perfect World

Good PC or nah?

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
For overall gaming. Get an i5 or i7. i7 recommended.

PW is almost completely CPU reliant.

I have an intel i7 and still only get 10-15 frames on max graphics in mass PK, but get hundreds of FPS in much newer games. This is because these games are optimized for modern day CPU and GPU.

PW isn't, thus resulting is horrendous FPS in "real mass pk" with 60+ people.

As a comparison, I run Arma III (One of the most demanding games in terms of GPU and CPU) and get 100+ FPS.

PW get 60-80 FPS normally and only 10-15 in mass PK. Even lower when using FRAPS :(

I will say though, I was using an i3 cpu before my i7, and even i5 is a HUGE improvement compared to that crap.

Offline DignityPK

• Faction: Factionless.
For overall gaming. Get an i5 or i7. i7 recommended.

PW is almost completely CPU reliant.

I have an intel i7 and still only get 10-15 frames on max graphics in mass PK, but get hundreds of FPS in much newer games. This is because these games are optimized for modern day CPU and GPU.

PW isn't, thus resulting is horrendous FPS in "real mass pk" with 60+ people.

As a comparison, I run Arma III (One of the most demanding games in terms of GPU and CPU) and get 100+ FPS.

PW get 60-80 FPS normally and only 10-15 in mass PK. Even lower when using FRAPS :(

I will say though, I was using an i3 cpu before my i7, and even i5 is a HUGE improvement compared to that crap.

Your CPU determines nothing in Mass PK, since PW is an old game and barely has any Physics engine, most of the things are automatically done on server - you have problems with RAM/GPU there :). Effects soak those both a lot.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
Your CPU determines nothing in Mass PK, since PW is an old game and barely has any Physics engine, most of the things are automatically done on server - you have problems with RAM/GPU there :). Effects soak those both a lot.

"RAM/GPU"

No.. lol

I'll just throw this out there that I'm using a 2012 MacBook Pro. It aint too shabby, I envy those with the ability to use graphics on higher settings than me though.

As I'm broke as hell, this is really my only option for playing on. Previously I had some old craptop Toshiba Satellite that's discontinued these days and it did the job. The extra 4GB of RAM I have on this MacBook does not disappoint. Now only if I had decent internet and a better gaming pc... :tiger-9:
Empower | Possess | Exorcise

Siggy Credit ♥

I'll just sit here giggling...
Empower | Possess | Exorcise

Siggy Credit ♥

Offline Praelium

• Forum Veteran
It's not a bad pc, but intel is preferred, at least anything around i5, or maybe better.

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
if u have 4GB ram and 2 GB graphics card on ur Lappy..then i think u never have 0 fps, if ur connection not slow yet!!

Offline Meow85

• Old Player
All these people saying it's a good PC and will run every game on highest settings, they know nothing of computers.
It's a **** offer, 600$ for an AMD without monitor or graphics card? You kidding me it won't ever run EPW on lowest settings 40 FPS. Don't even know if it includes mouse/keyboard or a good motherboard nor the speed of the RAM.
Whatever you are doing, OP, you are ****ing yourself over 400$ for brain cells. Intel for life, get ATI for cheap graphics card and anything over 1k rotations on RAM is fine.
The PC your going to get is worth 200$-250$ without monitor/graphics card.
EDIT : don't ask gamers about technology, those are separate things
Ironic you claim to know so much about pcs yet you assume a gpu will do you any better on pw. Anyways this pc includes a r7 250, if you bothered to look you'd know.

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
For some reason it's not letting me edit my post again.

Anyway, self-build sites like the one posted, always go with them. Stay away from PCs from wal-mart, best buy etc.

While they usually go for decent processors, the PC always falls short on ram, and most of all the PSU is never a good brand and doesn't have enough power for strong GPUs. Furthermore they never install GPUs. Integrated graphics cards can't run a damn thing.
Or just build your own one...for far less...

Vegas

But why spend so much on GeForce, get ATI for 100$, overclock with watercooling.  And yes I agree, the build you just made is cheaper and more powerful than the one OP gave. He's going to get ripped off hard core mode and these people telling him its a decent PC. Maybe for 200$ it is, but for 600$ you can get one way better, its not hard to assemble it yourself if you just buy custom parts. 8GB RAM is nice, but its better if its over 1k MHz, dual core processor over 2.4 GHz is enough for most games. Then comes graphics card, 100$ ones can run most old games at max and new games at low/medium.  Get water cooling and you've just increased performance by 30%.
My opinion : don't overpay 400$ for some unknown company that buys details and resells them for 3 times higher.

Dude a loop costs a lot and it's not worth it for low end parts, you still need to get lucky with chips that don't need a lot of voltage for high frequencies, temperature isn't the only thing that's important for overclocking...

@OP build your own PC, grab a new i5 and an average gpu with 4 gb ram, should be enough for most games today