Epic Perfect World

Seeker ~ An In-Depth Analysis

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Seeker ~ An In-Depth Anaylsis and Review.

~ Eviction

My friends, lovers, enemies and randoms, today I come to you with a topic that's new to me: Seekers.

As of recent, I've been a wishy-washy player who just can't decide what character is the best. People will argue sin, then others will argue barbarian, but who knows who really is the best? I say it's all based on experience, however, with my new analysis of this class, I can say that it is in fact not.

I made a seeker yesterday, and dinged 150 due to lovely forms of Cash-Shopping. (People actually PV? Lol)
I watched a 10 minute video of Vermillion doing 1v1's, and another of Camron and him squaring off. I'd say Its pretty impressive how one can change stances, armor, and skills all to combo correctly mid-pvp. I aspired to create this class, the only class I haven't made yet, and see how truly "OP" a seeker actually is.

Once I was 150, I instantly geared up with full dragon, the dragon longsword and dual edges, two dragon rings, and the rest endgame orns.

I jumped into the action, squaring off with a str-genie built for expel and duration against my first opponant ever on this character: Foundation, a 150 GA cleric who's fully geared and is a proclaimed metal-mage 1v1 player.

With the Pearchblade and Stalag stun combo, along with occult ice and APS, he was an easy win. Within my first 3 fights (5 minutes of PvP gameplay) I had won 3-0 against this cleric that's pretty tough on any other character. I ask myself, "why josh? why is this so op?"

The next fight, against an archer. I win again, this time using my ranged skills on DPH weapon. Again, easy win.

I ask myself "oh my god if seeker is this easy why does not everyone play seeker? it is king of 1v1"

...I must have gotten too cocky, for then a fully-buffed sin came out and attack me apsing with zerk wep????

I was defeat, but barely. I had noob panic IG and stealth before i was kill. ??? coincidence i must say not bc seeker are good and i do not have good skill yet. but regardless he was defeated when he come back ez mode 321.

so i fought a wiz, and won. then a archer and won. ??? what else can stop god-tier seeker of my calibur now? oh well then come venomancer.

this venomancer knew how to use her white teas if u know what i mean ;) she stun me and then purge, then amp and before i can quid she then use nova and being noob with dragon against full r8 i was easy kill.

venomancer is bane of seeker existance i have concluded unless u can stunlock them and ez but then again i dont have 100 skills, morai skills, or primals yet so I cannot judge that seeker is bad against veno.

srsly tho seeker is op and idk why its not more played bc it can floor u ez 321 kid i used to think that people that play seeker had some skill but after playing for 10 mins and winning like 9 fights and losing 1 i can say its just op if u know how to use blade stances lol... i will keep update this as i progress

any thoughts? :shocked:

Offline Dusted

• Characters: Dusted
(: Keep playing.

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
Yeah, all of that(I read all of it) isn't surprising.

Seeker was my main on the official servers. The only class there I played seriously, so that's saying something I guess. I don't play one on EPW because been there done that, maybe in the future though.

I also think seeker still suffers a bit from the initial stigma that it's "just a bm that can only use a sword", so maybe that's why it isn't as popular as you think it should be.

Oh and if you want more damage, dual swords(not blades if high damage variance is a concern) is the way to go, if you can get one much stronger than the long sword.
Last Edit: Nov 17, 2014, 12:49 pm by Talaria
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer

Offline Nyx

• Support Member
  • ⚜Ivory was here⚜ #Chocolateisbest
I don't want to get into a whole discussion/debate/or whatever with anyone who is against this, and I'm not saying that someone would start one either :P but when it comes to Seekers I love them. My favourite class thus far, and I still enjoy the others of course. Just something about them that gives me more pleasure when playing eheh

But yea that is my 10c, and with a 9-1 score for a first time play - good work, and keep enjoying the class  ^-^
01.01.2016.♥

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
The reason I made this thread was bc yesterday Vermillion and Rev were going at it on world chat and Rev said he could make a new seeker and first day beat Verm. Thing is, Seeker isn't a hard class. However, I feel if you're purly DPH (Implying you're not just killing Pinoy Archers) it'd be much harder than its APS counterpart.

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture
venomancer is bane of every class's existence ;)

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
venomancer is bane of every class's existence ;)
except players with brain, and theres not too many of them in your faction, so obv u will keep crying about venos

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
except players with brain, and theres not too many of them in your faction, so obv u will keep crying about venos

Says player who loses to APS veno...

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
Says player who loses to APS veno...
I go lose 0-69 to aps veno now and make vid, just so you can be happy once in your life, deal serious gamer?

scatterer3

This is not "an in-depth analysis". It's "my first day/experience playing seeker", well, enjoy it.

Offline The Reaper

like a bm its annoying to keep switching gear just to have to kill someone  :-[

Zirkon

If ur telling me Seeker isnt a hard class, i want to see you change gears efficiently like that its not just zerk crits they got
it needs real skill to play one
trust me you are in a very wrong mind set here.
when ur fully geared on seeker pm me for a 1vs1 ^.^

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
  • Characters: Espio, Saladin, Xqwi, SSG
  • Faction: Supreme☆
No trolling or anything, but could you put names of the people you fought against? or won against?

I remember u claimed to beat my wr in 123, while losing 5 - 0 in less then 3mins.

I don't think that what u wrote is 100% viable, but oh well, i would like to 1 vs 1 your seeker and see how it goes if its possible?

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
No trolling or anything, but could you put names of the people you fought against? or won against?

I remember u claimed to beat my wr in 123, while losing 5 - 0 in less then 3mins.

I don't think that what u wrote is 100% viable, but oh well, i would like to 1 vs 1 your seeker and see how it goes if its possible?
Stop causing drama like Areashii