Epic Perfect World

Suggesting

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
I know Agatio has been busy recently with all the patches and will be busy in the future as number of level 150's starts to grow, but I thought I would just throw out a couple of suggestions I got for making server better. So, here we go:

1.System message when player reaches lv150
Not an important thing, but since lv150 is the highest accomplishment in the game, I think it would be nice that system message informs the others when someone reached the highest level.

2.Level 6/7 tomes with exp add-ons on them

Not sure if this one can be done, since I haven't seen a server where tomes had edited values. Basicly, the title says it. Like we got Pangu we could also have exp tome with ~10% xp on it, since the highest we can have is 4% with lv4 tome. This tome would give some advantage to casters, since they would replace 1% crit and -3% channel with xp, while melee classes prolly wouldn't want to change interval from Pangu for somewhat higher exp. I honestly think this would balance things a bit, since caster classes have harder times doing lunar compared to melees.

3.Highest level tomes in Epic coin forge
This has been suggested before I guess, and I'll go again. Pangu and Book of Fragrances are the most important tomes at the moment and it takes long time and inventory spaces to craft them, so I thought if you could add them to Epic coin forge. Of course, it would require more coins than originally for tome pages, to pay for fragment prices and time saved.

4.Air race
On the server I played before I came here, we had daily air race that occured on the Tatooni island. That instance was same as the original Nightscream island, with no mobs and of course, you could fly. So I suggest adding it if it is within the original pw maps.(This would be one of the reasons for people to buy new, faster flights)

5.Elixirs for casters
Mystical elixirs are one of the things that make this server unique. Unfortunately, they give some unfair adventage to the melee classes. Take wood potions, for example. They almost double the attack of the WR/BM and can be used all the time since lasting time is same as cooldown. So I suggest adding magic attack apothecary charms to elixir forge (fair amount of ones for 1 mystical elixir) that would slightly improve attacks of casters, since they don't have a potion in the forge that would increase it.

6.Making TW's harder
Not really an important thing, since most of the territories have been held by some guild. Anyway, in the case it comes to map refreshing, I think bosses and mobs should hit harder. I know people wouldn't like this, but would make PvE territory wars more fun.

7.Upgrades of event ornaments
Since the g18 patch, Eye of the Jungle, Dragonchild's scale and especially Epic rings have become not that important. I suggest making upgrades of these ornaments in any way (craft upgrade with some other mat or making lv150/lv145 instead of lv140 or making it upgradeable to dragon ornaments).

8.A few questions:
-Has the fake PvP killing been fixed? If not, when will it be?
-Guild icons. Do we have to send you an icon in order to be applied, or you will enable NPC iconing?
-In forest ruins I've noticed barricades that prevent you from going anywhere but through the main path. Have you imported this or they have been there and why?

As you can see, I haven't suggested any minor changes, just something that would make server more balanced and more fun.I don't expect any suggestions that are (if they are) accepted to be done the same moment. Anyone that has anything to say, feel free, but please don't insult me and troll the thread =)
Waiting for answers. Thanks =D

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
1. That would be kind of nice if it's possible. Would help keep track of who has level 150 so far (until too many people start getting it), and give you a nice warm fuzzy feeling when you hit the level cap. :3

2. I'm sure it would be possible, since I came from a server with tomes that gave +70% hp. It would definitely help balance the exp difference issue between BMs being able to spam lunar in a very short amount of time, and magic classes who take a bit of time to kill things. Though I'd be sad if my wife got one of them, cause she'd get so much more exp than me. >:

3. The time/inventory problem isn't that big of a deal if you make the tomes slowly as you get the pages for them. But I can see what you mean, and making the level 6 tome item that was recently put in the cubi shop available for epic coins might be nice.

4. This could be fun, and I'm all for new events. :3

5. I kind of don't like this suggestion, simply because of the fact that casters can spark (if demon) to 94% channeling, which is already absurdly powerful and fast. Adding magic damage apoth rivaling the elemental pills would just make magic classes run around 1 shotting everything that moves.

6. Eh, doesn't really matter to me either way.

7. They're still useful for level 140-145, which takes a good chunk of time. It might be nice to see some sort of a reforge option for them, but I won't hold my breath.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
1.System message when player reaches lv150
Not an important thing, but since lv150 is the highest accomplishment in the game, I think it would be nice that system message informs the others when someone reached the highest level.
Possible, but needs patch

2.Level 6/7 tomes with exp add-ons on them

Not sure if this one can be done, since I haven't seen a server where tomes had edited values. Basicly, the title says it. Like we got Pangu we could also have exp tome with ~10% xp on it, since the highest we can have is 4% with lv4 tome. This tome would give some advantage to casters, since they would replace 1% crit and -3% channel with xp, while melee classes prolly wouldn't want to change interval from Pangu for somewhat higher exp. I honestly think this would balance things a bit, since caster classes have harder times doing lunar compared to melees.
Existing tomes won't be changed, but level 7 ones will be added.

3.Highest level tomes in Epic coin forge
This has been suggested before I guess, and I'll go again. Pangu and Book of Fragrances are the most important tomes at the moment and it takes long time and inventory spaces to craft them, so I thought if you could add them to Epic coin forge. Of course, it would require more coins than originally for tome pages, to pay for fragment prices and time saved.
Yes I can add for example level 4 tome token to Event Forge to make crafting easier.

4.Air race
On the server I played before I came here, we had daily air race that occured on the Tatooni island. That instance was same as the original Nightscream island, with no mobs and of course, you could fly. So I suggest adding it if it is within the original pw maps.(This would be one of the reasons for people to buy new, faster flights)
Can't add it in nearest future.

5.Elixirs for casters
Mystical elixirs are one of the things that make this server unique. Unfortunately, they give some unfair adventage to the melee classes. Take wood potions, for example. They almost double the attack of the WR/BM and can be used all the time since lasting time is same as cooldown. So I suggest adding magic attack apothecary charms to elixir forge (fair amount of ones for 1 mystical elixir) that would slightly improve attacks of casters, since they don't have a potion in the forge that would increase it.
I'm monitoring balance between classes and at the moment Venomacers are last class that would need damage boost.

6.Making TW's harder
Not really an important thing, since most of the territories have been held by some guild. Anyway, in the case it comes to map refreshing, I think bosses and mobs should hit harder. I know people wouldn't like this, but would make PvE territory wars more fun.
Since TW map will be fully taken in around 2-3 weeks and I don't plan wiping it for at least 4-5 months, it won't happen fast.

7.Upgrades of event ornaments
Since the g18 patch, Eye of the Jungle, Dragonchild's scale and especially Epic rings have become not that important. I suggest making upgrades of these ornaments in any way (craft upgrade with some other mat or making lv150/lv145 instead of lv140 or making it upgradeable to dragon ornaments).
There are no plans for that at the moment.

8.A few questions:
-Has the fake PvP killing been fixed? If not, when will it be?
-Guild icons. Do we have to send you an icon in order to be applied, or you will enable NPC iconing?
-In forest ruins I've noticed barricades that prevent you from going anywhere but through the main path. Have you imported this or they have been there and why?
1. Not fixed yet :S
2. Guild Icons will be added soon, faction with at least one territory will be able to have one.. It can't be done through NPCs, you will have to send me the icons, there will be proper guide for it.
3. They have been there, I don't know why :P
Last Edit: Feb 06, 2012, 06:46 pm by Agatio