Epic Perfect World

Barbarian help

Offline Dombra

And I don't mean like armaggedon wise, I mean like overall xD
Barbarian - Untamed Barbarian - Biggest D(efense)
DatBoi - Human Warrior - Fam want CC?
ToadGod - Nightshade Duskblade - Hippity Hoppity get off my property
[/center]

Offline Thalus

• Babyface
  • Hey baby, want to make my sword come online?
  • Characters: Thalus
  • Faction: Artifex
Well to do that i would suggest going STR build with a STR tome, Ascended Supreme Robe, STR/Attack Lvl on Engraves, then on gears combine them of a mix - STR/Magic Reduction. Lets say 18-36 STR on your Boot's, Elemental Resistance, STR, Magic reduction on the Legging's, STR, magic reduction on the chest and wrist's lets say 1 or 2x STR and 1x Magic reduction on them. As for the weapon, you will have 2... R8 Weapon with 25+ Def lvl's, and a Zerk (Dragon weapon) for attack purpose's. Card's you will get all with Attack Lvl, STR, Crit on them. Personally i would keep Cube neck instead of DS if you are wanting to tank quite a bit too.

Str/Attk avatar card set - General Summer, General Po, The Incacerate, Jane The Harper, Len The Arbor, Holeen.

Also keep to just DPH kind of build if you want to tank and damage. Changing to APS will most likely do more damage in the amount of hit's you do, but it reduces your armour by a fair lot. While in DPH you only switch weapon's and have pretty decent attack too. I'm DPH and i hit a hell of a lot and i'm pretty dam tanky.

Just stick to it, it may take some time but its worth it at the end. Good luck, hope i could help. :)
Last Edit: Nov 17, 2014, 06:17 pm by Thalus
Signature done by Angie :3

Offline AlmostFamous

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • Characters: AlmostFamous
For full cata build you should really ( fully buffed ) Have around 105k ish hp. 90+ def and 90/90 reductions. 90/85+ is usually good enough.

More def level is generally less hp just bare that in mind. But too much of one without the other and your screwed.
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline ZamiNightshade

• Thundersnow Freak
  • And what are you living for?
  • Characters: Zarmiel; Zalasia; Artemiko
  • Faction: Passion
Oh I love this! I am too starting to main a Cata Barb, Barbies are fun ^_^
Sense and Sensibility!

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
i got 92,5k HP and 99deflvl selfbuffed and i am pretty much the tankiest motherf**ker on this server.... u dont need to have 100k HP to be a good tank
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Thalus

• Babyface
For full cata build you should really ( fully buffed ) Have around 105k ish hp. 90+ def and 90/90 reductions. 90/85+ is usually good enough.

More def level is generally less hp just bare that in mind. But too much of one without the other and your screwed.

Generally even without trying you will get 95k+ HP so getting everything else DEF lvl helps a ton, as in you lose around 3-8k HP for maybe 10-20 DEF lvl's or more if you get lucky on your weap. :) Though it's true what your saying but in the build what he will be at end game, it's no worries nearly.

Offline Thalus

• Babyface
i got 92,5k HP and 99deflvl selfbuffed and i am pretty much the tankiest motherf**ker on this server.... u dont need to have 100k HP to be a good tank

Very true, also it's not all about the gear, maybe a big portion is but yeah. Also im similar to BAQ with a bit more HP by about 3k maybe but with a little less def lvl's but yet i tank a dam lot. Though i understand that you believe you need HP, which is true.. just not so much this sever, but lets not get off the subject.

If you need any help with barbarian's or anything in fact ill try my best to help you.

Offline ZamiNightshade

• Thundersnow Freak
  • And what are you living for?
  • Characters: Zarmiel; Zalasia; Artemiko
  • Faction: Passion
Generally even without trying you will get 95k+ HP so getting everything else DEF lvl helps a ton, as in you lose around 3-8k HP for maybe 10-20 DEF lvl's or more if you get lucky on your weap. :) Though it's true what your saying but in the build what he will be at end game, it's no worries nearly.

Okay, my barb isnt 130 yet, but I've only put in the STRto be able to use weapons and gear, and I've been going pure vit. I'm sage, and plan on being very endgame. Should I add some STR or should I keep going with my build that I'm doing now?
Sense and Sensibility!

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran

Nah Tigas/Labradoodle are, since their r8 weapons are pre-patch, only 300 str and 50 dex needed to wear it which gives them a lot more points to put in vit

Offline Thalus

• Babyface
Okay, my barb isnt 130 yet, but I've only put in the STRto be able to use weapons and gear, and I've been going pure vit. I'm sage, and plan on being very endgame. Should I add some STR or should I keep going with my build that I'm doing now?

You can change your points easily, i suggest keep doing what you're doing, if that's how you're leveling. Then do what the other post's me and others wrote in this post, depending on if you're going VIT or STR. :)

Offline DesolateX

• DesolateX
  • The Abandoned
  • Characters: BarbarianDX
  • Faction: Synopsis
Hey guys! So, I'm currently running a Barb, I already have my r8r and I'd like to know if I'm missing something on my build (Aiming for full tank barb, flag carrier, cata, all that good stuff)

93k HP Buffed+Tiger, 41k P.Def unbuffed+Tiger, 20k M.Def unbuffed, 39 Def Lvl.

My main problem is my Wepp, I need the best possible tanking set, any ideas? Thanks in advanced! :D
Btw, on the whole damage aspect, how should I go about that? I mean, just the complete opposite? Cause I'd love to deal dmg while being a tough target to knock out  :rolleyes:
Well to do that i would suggest going STR build with a STR tome, Ascended Supreme Robe, STR/Attack Lvl on Engraves, then on gears combine them of a mix - STR/Magic Reduction. Lets say 18-36 STR on your Boot's, Elemental Resistance, STR, Magic reduction on the Legging's, STR, magic reduction on the chest and wrist's lets say 1 or 2x STR and 1x Magic reduction on them. As for the weapon, you will have 2... R8 Weapon with 25+ Def lvl's, and a Zerk (Dragon weapon) for attack purpose's. Card's you will get all with Attack Lvl, STR, Crit on them. Personally i would keep Cube neck instead of DS if you are wanting to tank quite a bit too.

Str/Attk avatar card set - General Summer, General Po, The Incacerate, Jane The Harper, Len The Arbor, Holeen.

Also keep to just DPH kind of build if you want to tank and damage. Changing to APS will most likely do more damage in the amount of hit's you do, but it reduces your armour by a fair lot. While in DPH you only switch weapon's and have pretty decent attack too. I'm DPH and i hit a hell of a lot and i'm pretty dam tanky.

Just stick to it, it may take some time but its worth it at the end. Good luck, hope i could help. :)

One thing is that you have to choose whether to be a 100% tank barb or just 50%. If you are really aiming for full cata barb, you will have to accept that you will be no DD. If ever you are going to follow Thalus' advice, you will seldom/never be selected as a cata barb in TWs.

Offline Dombra

One thing is that you have to choose whether to be a 100% tank barb or just 50%. If you are really aiming for full cata barb, you will have to accept that you will be no DD. If ever you are going to follow Thalus' advice, you will seldom/never be selected as a cata barb in TWs.

That'll be the case unfortunately. I'll just go full cata, costs too much getting the 2 sets x) I also have an EA setup so I'll just use that for pk dmg ^^
Barbarian - Untamed Barbarian - Biggest D(efense)
DatBoi - Human Warrior - Fam want CC?
ToadGod - Nightshade Duskblade - Hippity Hoppity get off my property
[/center]

Offline Three

• Nyx stole this <3
  • ☀ Suns stole this too.
  • Faction: Quack
If ever you are going to follow Thalus' advice, you will seldom/never be selected as a cata barb in TWs.

Thalus was saying that as a build for a damage barb. :)

01.01.2016. ♥