Epic Perfect World

Barbarian help

Offline Dombra

Hey guys! So, I'm currently running a Barb, I already have my r8r and I'd like to know if I'm missing something on my build (Aiming for full tank barb, flag carrier, cata, all that good stuff)

93k HP Buffed+Tiger, 41k P.Def unbuffed+Tiger, 20k M.Def unbuffed, 39 Def Lvl.

My main problem is my Wepp, I need the best possible tanking set, any ideas? Thanks in advanced! :D
Barbarian - Untamed Barbarian - Biggest D(efense)
DatBoi - Human Warrior - Fam want CC?
ToadGod - Nightshade Duskblade - Hippity Hoppity get off my property
[/center]

Zirkon

Get a 25-30 Def lvl rank 8 wep, Elem Resistance on Rank 8 Legs, Get +2 def lvl ornas+dragon Rings, Get Def lvl cape ascended dragon cape (which consist red phy dmg+ def lvl in it), Get rank 8 ring(try to get def lvl in engraves)/def lvl war avatars/make meridian up if u havent got it yet, ur hp is ok.

But ur end game should be having 100k hp+ in tiger and 85+ def lvl.

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
you can reach 85+ tbh relativly easy, my barb does it and im not cata at all but yes on r8 armor get as much magic dmg taken reduction as possible with elemental def on leggings, wep with 2x def lvl is a solid starting stat + 2 def lvl ornaments.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
If you're looking to be a cata.. 95k+ HP and 90+ def levels is a good target. Just follow what the others have said.

Offline Thalus

• Babyface
  • Hey baby, want to make my sword come online?
  • Characters: Thalus
  • Faction: Artifex
Yeah basicly what they said, i would suggest getting "A Thosuand Miles Of Mist" , "Dragon Magic Ring" with as much Def lvl on it as possible. Do the same for all your accessories too. Gear i would say say similar to what others said.. R8 Ring, R8 Chest , Leggings, Wrists , Weapon - All with as much magic reduction on them as possible (Elemental Resistance on the leggings) and DEF lvl on weapon. I would work on 1 piece at a time. As for the boots get "Red Dragon Boots", these boots are better than R8 in my opinion. I would suggest you get a Dragon Armor set at first, work on the Accessories, then either pass the gear to another character or sell it for some EC to work towards the R8 set. I'm saying this having past experience... R8 set cost tons. So work with dragon set and getting accessories first, you will have decent HP in this set. As for which is better DEF LVL or HP? The answer to that is Def lvl's as 1 Def lvl is around 1% damage reduction, where 9 - 11 Vit = 153 - 187 ofc when you buff you get more HP than that but... Def lvl still wins over HP easily, 1 Def lvl is worth about 1,000HP so... Any way getting back to the acutal post get the cape/robe "Ascended Dragon Cape", Def lvl cards, get your title quests done, nuema/spirit to 186, complete your meridian. Good luck, and happy farming! I hope i could help you on your tracks to a true cata barb!
Last Edit: Nov 17, 2014, 06:52 pm by Thalus
Signature done by Angie :3

Offline Dombra

Thanks guys, I'll be getting the Cape first and working on the ring while doing NWs, other than that I'll get the boots and see what I prefer, also getting runes for the wepp and I already have the Tome and a nice Card set.
[/center]

Offline Thalus

• Babyface
No problem, sounds great! Keep up the good work, always love seeing fellow barbs :)

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
your card set should have 9(10)deflvls too btw...
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Thalus

• Babyface
Yeah 9 - 10 as BAQ said - like this set: Beastmaster Hokka, Kestra, Vanished Ancestor, Elder of the streams, Tsu, Fen The Victorious. <-- is 9 def lvl set if you want 10 you have to use a (A) card i believe.

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
exactly... then u gotta use Duke Blake instead of Fen... then ur spirit is just 168 but it doesnt make a difference in the dmg u take
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Dombra

Got the 10 Def lvls from cards now ^^ Working on my gear a bit, I have Ele resist + Mag on legs, this game hates me xD
[/center]

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
You'll be hitting completely poop on damage, armageddon barb's are rare.. If you hit ;)

Offline Thalus

• Babyface
Elemental + mag is decent for leggings though, just work on chest and wrist, getting magic reduction then it will just lead to having to get a better DEF weap. Which can take some time... but keep trying!

And for what Eviction said - yeah bad damage but you expect that from a cata barb, they have only one purpose so...just work on a STR set after, if you fancy doing decent DMG i guess. :)

Zirkon

Got the 10 Def lvls from cards now ^^ Working on my gear a bit, I have Ele resist + Mag on legs, this game hates me xD
Get the cape + 2 def lvl ornas+2 def lvl rings try get def lvl on rank 8 ring too
and go full vit if u have no intention of dmg dealing

Offline Dombra

Btw, on the whole damage aspect, how should I go about that? I mean, just the complete opposite? Cause I'd love to deal dmg while being a tough target to knock out  :rolleyes:
[/center]