Epic Perfect World

Drawings request

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
Edit - ok i must admit i'm a little sore here because i always thought a deal is a deal

from Ely:
and then, at the end, changing to this:
i think it's an utter lack of respect for all artists who participated and contributed to your event, including myself.

whether or not we need these ec's is irrelevant, what matters is that after you've seen all the works we contributed, you decide to lower your "rewards" because "you're in lack of ec's". that is utterly uncalled for and, as for myself, you can keep those precious ec's to yourself but i'll make sure not to participate in any of your future events, as you have no respect for your own word or for the artists who try to make you happy. as for myself, you can keep your 700 ec to yourself, that should make your cheap self very happy.

of course, i deny you the right to use my entries. tks for understanding.
I'm sorry I don't have the time to farm the ecs since I'm busy with studying.
If I didn't have respect for the artists I could have made it a contest with only one winner which in my opinion is not fair since the person could still get the drawing and the artist wouldn't get anything in return.
As I remeber I didn't said "everyone getting 1k for the drawing" as I mention I might be in lack of ecs those days, I also mentioned I WILL DECIDE when I close it.

Offline Lonicera

• Professional Wifey
  • Veren's since 12/15/2011
  • Characters: Lonicera, Lonicare
  • Faction: Ducks
Edit - ok i must admit i'm a little sore here because i always thought a deal is a deal

from Ely:
i think it's an utter lack of respect for all artists who participated and contributed to your event, including myself.

whether or not we need these ec's is irrelevant, what matters is that after you've seen all the works we contributed, you decide to lower your "rewards" because "you're in lack of ec's". that is utterly uncalled for and, as for myself, you can keep those precious ec's to yourself but i'll make sure not to participate in any of your future events, as you have no respect for your own word or for the artists who try to make you happy. as for myself, you can keep your 700 ec to yourself, that should make your cheap self very happy.

It was clear that Ely didn't guarantee a certain reward. Being an artist means you take what you get sometimes-enough said. Ely has shown me nothing but respect for artists since I have known her.
Last Edit: Nov 20, 2014, 11:15 am by Lonicera

Signature line art by Fookiiko

Offline Sideris

• Angie
  • Characters: Sideris | Baderis
  • Faction: Ducks

from Ely:

Why instead of being sore for something that wasn't certain to begin with ("I'm thinking" doesn't  equal to "I am absolutely sure that") - you don't appreciate the fact that she anyways offered 700 ECs even though she didn't have the time to farm/gather/borrow them? She could have simply said "Oh well I'm broke, nvm, no rewards";
I think that the only fact that she STILL offered quite a high amount of ECs instead of completely backing off, is showing enough respect for all the artists who took part.
And also, respect is something that an artist (or anyone else) has to gain; if I were someone who appreciated your artwork, and saw you had this kind of attitude towards people who are actually interested in your art, and give you the chance to promote it through events, I'd slowly lose the interest and respect I had in you as an artist.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander

She isn't losing much :tiger-2:
Last Edit: Nov 20, 2014, 01:18 pm by Dead

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline LeannLightkneen

• /-INK Artist-\
  • Words remind you of respect, violence teaches scum what respect really is.
  • Characters: LeannLTKneen
  • Faction: SoulAbyss
[shadow=gray,right]I was getting pretty nervous, but it looks like I wasn't the only one who saw the fact that the 1k Epic Coins weren't a for sure thing.
Well, I had fun, and I am pretty sure I have done at least one other Ely drawing event, too. I just recently saw the picture that I did here somewhere . . . I never felt disrespected back then and I still do not, even now.
So . . . thank you for the drawing event, Ely, and allowing us to better ourselves as artists; because, here, we all know that happens- one art work at a time.[/shadow]
[/font][/b]

My soul exhales cold in the
Name of the serpent that
Is bound to strike, and I,
Leann, who intends to grasp its tail, I
Lightkneen, who plots the bellicose bite of justice,
       shall make this storm my herald of vengeance!

Angelica

from Ely:

Your drawings are honestly great, but I feel like you just get upset over things too easily. I don't understand why you'd get mad over those 300 ecs. There is no disrespect towards you or anything else in what she's said.
And you're just making it worse for yourself, as she doesn't have to pay you anymore and she'll most likely find something better anyway.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team

from Ely:

I don't really want to get involved here
but you are being very condescending and rude.

She clearly said she was 'thinking' about 1k EC
and that she would decide when she closed the event.
That is pretty clearly stated. She never set anything in stone.
I think 700EC is very generous to give to multiple people.

A true artist should take pride in their work and enjoy doing it,
not complain about a prize that was never promised. It was only a 30% reduction.
It's not like she said no prize at all.

I'm disappointed to see such a poor attitude.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
She isn't losing much :tiger-2:
Said it instead of me LOL
Since you're the one that first said I'm #1 Art Maniac, I got 61 drawings, without hers. Yea... some day maybe I stop... but not soon.

Thanks all for defending me. <3 Love you all :3

As for respect I think thats the main reason most people actually bothered replaying lol, everyone knows my "obsession" with drawings and how much I respect every single artist.

[shadow=gray,right]I was getting pretty nervous, but it looks like I wasn't the only one who saw the fact that the 1k Epic Coins weren't a for sure thing.
Well, I had fun, and I am pretty sure I have done at least one other Ely drawing event, too. I just recently saw the picture that I did here somewhere . . . I never felt disrespected back then and I still do not, even now.
So . . . thank you for the drawing event, Ely, and allowing us to better ourselves as artists; because, here, we all know that happens- one art work at a time.[/shadow]
[/font][/b]
The reason I said 1k isn't sure was because I knew I was busy with studying and other stuff (12th grade yay...).
I didn't mean to feel anyone disrespected.
Yes, you've made other drawing for me at one of my previous events. I still have it xD

And Soleil, I could have been rude to you but I wasn't out of respect for the other artists and the people that defended me, sorry to say you lost my respect and in my future events, cuz damn will be more when I finish high school, don't bother.
Also "my cheap self" is happy with the other drawings, thank you all. <3

Offline Soleil

• it's been a while :)
  • happy holidays :)
  • Characters: TinyEG
  • Faction: Gemini
hey all, you got all your undies in a greater bundle than mine are.

i don't really care about the ec's as i've been practically inactive in game for quite some time, but the principle is important as it's based on trust. if those members who commission artworks from artists for a price, they must respect their own words. lowering one's rates after the event just because one was 'just thinking around 1k' and then whining because there was not more participants is pretty cynical but again, maybe i'm just missing your so funny sense of humour  :rolleyes:

as for the mean-ness of  some of you, i'm not surprised.

i don't validate myself/my works from this forum - i'm too familiar with the pettiness of it all. i get my feedback from other online artists communities whose members thrive to respect/support and challenge each other in good spirits. and they all appreciate my work. you don't have to do the same, but i was just happy to share some of my works with you.

from Melody:
I don't really want to get involved here
but you are being very condescending and rude.

i suggest you learn the meaning of condescending, i'm merely defending my point of view.

all of you who replied in defense of the op should at least admit to my being honest here. something that is sorely lacking all over this community: the proverbial elephant in the room that no one would talk about.

well, to each their own i guess :/
Il faut collectionner les pierres qu'on vous jette. C'est le début d'un piédestal.― Berlioz

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
There was no guaranteed price set. You knew that from reading the first post when you decided to participate.
I'm not saying all the responses were necessary, but you have some nerve calling others petty, just saying.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
from Melody:
i suggest you learn the meaning of condescending, i'm merely defending my point of view.

I do know the definition. Thank you.
Even if you were 'defending' your point of view,
even though no one threatened it prior to your post here,
doesn't mean you weren't condescending.
You implied Ely was cheap and disrespectful.
You mention that meanness and pettiness is an issue on this forum,
which might be true, but I don't see you helping the situation.

But I digress.
Enjoy your day.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline LeannLightkneen

• /-INK Artist-\
  • Words remind you of respect, violence teaches scum what respect really is.
  • Characters: LeannLTKneen
  • Faction: SoulAbyss
[shadow=gray,right]I see things from all perspectives . . . So, no, I don't have anything in a bundle. I seldom post on the forums for that very reason, no matter what you say, someone will see it as picking a side and assume you are a part of the majority.
I am sorry this happened on your Drawing Event post, Ely.
I am sorry that there was clearly a misunderstanding from the opening of the thread, Soleil.

Am I guilty? No. I am merely acknowledging the fact that things did not have to end up this way . . . and it's sad. Truly.
This is where I cease my further posting here, because I have the feeling that GM intervention is close at hand if this gets pushed too far.
Thank you Ely, thank you fellow artists, have a good day- for what it is worth. See you again on another thread ~ [/shadow]
[/font][/b]

My soul exhales cold in the
Name of the serpent that
Is bound to strike, and I,
Leann, who intends to grasp its tail, I
Lightkneen, who plots the bellicose bite of justice,
       shall make this storm my herald of vengeance!

Offline KrowMaet

• Old Player
*hands up* yep .. now i see why Moderators exist :3 very mature, really .. was this spam necessary? even from GM's. and yeah, to be honest its not look like defence for ely anymore.. more like everyone is defending themselves! ^^ i hope it wont be closed for "this"

btw im done soon ely *o*

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
[shadow=gray,right]I see things from all perspectives . . . So, no, I don't have anything in a bundle. I seldom post on the forums for that very reason, no matter what you say, someone will see it as picking a side and assume you are a part of the majority.
I am sorry this happened on your Drawing Event post, Ely.
I am sorry that there was clearly a misunderstanding from the opening of the thread, Soleil.

Am I guilty? No. I am merely acknowledging the fact that things did not have to end up this way . . . and it's sad. Truly.
This is where I cease my further posting here, because I have the feeling that GM intervention is close at hand if this gets pushed too far.
Thank you Ely, thank you fellow artists, have a good day- for what it is worth. See you again on another thread ~ [/shadow]
[/font][/b]

^ that's what I like in you miss :-[

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Jeebus, all this over 300 damn EC's...

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)