Epic Perfect World

Make-over Scrolls

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
I know this has been suggested multiple times but here it goes again.

I would like a reduction in make-over scroll cool-down. I know this can be done, as it has been done on many different servers before, including Vendetta. I know it's not on the top of your to-do list, but it would be nice if this could be looked into again.

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=4820.msg52473#msg52473

http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=17712.msg229527#msg229527

http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=7866.msg102552#msg102552

I read those and I'm saying it's possible without making server crash. If the cool down is changed to 5-10 minutes(and no less), there shouldn't be a problem with it.

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
I read those and I'm saying it's possible without making server crash. If the cool down is changed to 5-10 minutes(and no less), there shouldn't be a problem with it.

Keyword there. Aga doesn't want to cause problems when something like that can be easily prevented by not implementing a shorter cooldown. I mean you can modify an ini on a test char first and then apply it to your actual char. If you screw something up, all you have to do is change it on the test char and don't have to wait for cooldown on Makeover scroll.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran

Keyword there. Aga doesn't want to cause problems when something like that can be easily prevented by not implementing a shorter cooldown. I mean you can modify an ini on a test char first and then apply it to your actual char. If you screw something up, all you have to do is change it on the test char and don't have to wait for cooldown on Makeover scroll.

I suppose. I just know for the longest time Bash had trouble figuring out the make-over scrolls too and when he finally managed it, a lot of people were grateful for him implementing it. That's why I included the screenshot. I just wish I didn't  have to waste a character slot every time I wanted to not fudge up my character to the point I have to wear a pumpkin head for the next hour. xD (>.< I use makeover scrolls frequently, almost as soon as they're off cooldown. So a hideous toon is likely to last all day for me.)
Last Edit: Nov 07, 2014, 11:36 am by Ƥαรᴛℯʟ

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
I suppose. I just know for the longest time Bash had trouble figuring out the make-over scrolls too and when he finally managed it, a lot of people were grateful for him implementing it. That's why I included the screenshot. I just wish I didn't  have to waste a character slot every time I wanted to not fudge up my character to the point I have to wear a pumpkin head for the next hour. xD

Yeah I understand where you're coming from, for sure. :D It takes 3 days to delete a char as well. (I'm sure you know, just putting that out there thought.) I know what you mean though. I have no clue why PWI decided an HOUR cooldown for some minor thing such as makeover scroll was a good idea. lol
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander

Tbh, this is the best solution so far. You can easily do that on another account, if your current one is full. I have an account for that :)) Not that I made it on purpose for testing inis, it's my old account (which I don't want to use any more in some reasons) but I would definitely make it anyway just for the sake of ini making 8)

Plus it's much easier to do it on a test character. You can do whatever you want as long as it's editable and then delete it after you get a desired result.

Ik this is not the only problem because we've all done some edits on mains when we couldn't resist, hoping it would turn out good and ended up hiding in the forests of dreamweaver but meh, it's not a big deal
Last Edit: Nov 07, 2014, 11:43 am by Dead

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
Tbh, this is the best solution so far. You can easily do that on another account, if your current one is full. I have an account for that :)) Not that I made it on purpose for testing inis, it's my old account (which I don't want to use any more in some reasons) but I would definitely make it anyway just for the sake of ini making 8)

Plus it's much easier to do it on a test character. You can do whatever you want as long as it's editable and then delete it after you get a desired result.

Ik this is not the only result because we've all done some edits on mains when we couldn't resist, hoping it would turn out good and ended up hiding in the forests of dreamweaver but meh, it's not a big deal

"Hiding in the forests of Dreamweaver" describes it perfectly. xDD I have several accounts of friends that I use for 1) making genies because the switch to make those tradeable is ridiculous and 2) name testing and ini making. I have a huge amount of inis that my demand for makeover scrolls cannot keep up with. >.< I guess I'll continue to use those accounts. [It's weird that they'd hardcode something like a make-over scroll cooldown but not something like the time period for character deletion?]

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
"Hiding in the forests of Dreamweaver" describes it perfectly. xDD I have several accounts of friends that I use for 1) making genies because the switch to make those tradeable is ridiculous and 2) name testing and ini making. I have a huge amount of inis that my demand for makeover scrolls cannot keep up with. >.< I guess I'll continue to use those accounts. [It's weird that they'd hardcode something like a make-over scroll cooldown but not something like the time period for character deletion?]

LOOOOL I thought I was the only one :normal-2:

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline The Reaper

who the hell changes their look that often seriously  :rolleyes:

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
who the hell changes their look that often seriously  :rolleyes:

A lot of people.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Once again, I'll state it.

If no other server that has made these edit's has had issues, I don't see why here on EPW there would be these "chance" issues.

*Eyerolls*

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
Once again, I'll state it.

If no other server that has made these edit's has had issues, I don't see why here on EPW there would be these "chance" issues.

*Eyerolls*
I'm pretty sure i remember vendetta having servercrashes when he worked on editing the C/D. Later on he figured it out and there were no crashes anymore but they did happen.  :-X

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
I'm pretty sure i remember vendetta having servercrashes when he worked on editing the C/D. Later on he figured it out and there were no crashes anymore but they did happen.  :-X

I never said Vendetta didn't crash while figuring it out. Hence why the pic in my original post. After he tweaked it, it was really easy for him to fix the issue.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex

They rollback server then, woopity fookin doo.