Epic Perfect World

GPU RECOMMENDATION FOR BETTER FPS

Offline 9artsDragon

• Sin forevaaa
  • Try and fail then learn and success!
Okay. Im startina mag a new rig that can play 30-60fps during mass pk. Any suggestion on your gpu? Or we can make this a chain too! How about you post your gpu and the fps you get?

for example:

gpu: r9 270x
fps during mass pk: ** fps - ** fps

9artsDragon - stealth>fb>firepill>stun>rc>autoattack>deads>stealth GG

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Okay. Im startina mag a new rig that can play 30-60fps during mass pk. Any suggestion on your gpu? Or we can make this a chain too! How about you post your gpu and the fps you get?

for example:

gpu: r9 270x
fps during mass pk: ** fps - ** fps

PW is a completely horribly optimized game. Always has been, and its also very old game tech-wise.. If you're planning on getting a new rig, don't be building only for PW because if so just don't waste your money.

I on the other hand, just created my own custom rig that is going to be a BEAST.

Dual R290X Overclocked GPU's

And Intel i7 8770k Proceccor ~

I'm guessing I'll have high fps

On a serious note; because the game is so badly optimized theres no way to really tell how your computer is going to be handeling it. I know people that have very, very good rigs that get 100+ FSP on Shooter games maxed out and still only get 30ish on PWI.

A higher end graphics card like the 270x, 280x, 290, 290x radeon's are going to be good though regardless how you look at it, and in the end of the day they'll be worth the investment if you're going to be playing other games as well. This also includes the higher nVidia cards, which are steller too.

(AS OF NOW THOUGH) the top graphics card on the market is the Radeon 290X outpreforming the Nvidia GeForce Titan TI for 500 dollars less. suck it Nvidia.
Last Edit: Oct 31, 2014, 02:24 pm by Eviction

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
I max the game with an nvidia 560Ti. That should be dirt cheap now.

One good way, if you have'nt done this, to improve performace, is turn off shadows, and probably grass(terrain slider?). Water is a big damn mesh in this game, you could turn down the water settings. Not like there's anything to do under water anyway. Im probably forgetting something..
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
pw is all cpu u can have 780ti or titan wont help you, just need good cpu

Offline Ritual

• Beginner
  • Characters: Ritual | flOOred
  • Faction: Artiflex
The game is cpu intensive not gpu. As long as you have a decent cpu and enough ram you'll be good to go.

Offline Striker

• Banned
  • App/Web Developer
  • Characters: BAHA
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
PW is a completely horribly optimized game. Always has been, and its also very old game tech-wise.. If you're planning on getting a new rig, don't be building only for PW because if so just don't waste your money.

I on the other hand, just created my own custom rig that is going to be a BEAST.

On a serious note; because the game is so badly optimized theres no way to really tell how your computer is going to be handeling it. I know people that have very, very good rigs that get 100+ FSP on Shooter games maxed out and still only get 30ish on PWI.

A higher end graphics card like the 270x, 280x, 290, 290x radeon's are going to be good though regardless how you look at it, and in the end of the day they'll be worth the investment if you're going to be playing other games as well. This also includes the higher nVidia cards, which are steller too.

(AS OF NOW THOUGH) the top graphics card on the market is the Radeon 290X outpreforming the Nvidia GeForce Titan TI for 500 dollars less. suck it Nvidia.

for starters that processor you referred does not even exist, also I'm playing with 220+ FPS with high graphics on EPW with just an AMD Radeon 7700M GPU and i7-3632QM processor with 16 GB Ram.
You have to know how you set your configs

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii

The best GPU is 970/980...don't know why you're trying to be such a rebel all the time, first the fraps incident now this. What a shame.

Nice processor, what planet is that on?

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick

Do you mean a 3770k?
when InTake gets ct buff

Vegas

(AS OF NOW THOUGH) the top graphics card on the market is the Radeon 290X

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_980/1.html

Oh and I think the newest i7 CPUs are i7 5xxx, didn't really follow CPU news because my sandy bridge rig still works perfectly fine  :-X

Offline Meow85

• Old Player
go ahead and buy a gtx titan for a 5 fps performance boost.

Offline Mitochondria

• Characters: Sun - Redefine
Setting my GPU Graphics to max makes my PW lag. But not on other games like COD, Destiny etc. Im guessing the game is too old. Since my rig is actually fine. Also try to crossfire your GPUs. I prefer AMD/ATI GPU its cheaper than Nvidia also AMD Processors. The game actually consume alot of RAM. So you need a big amount(Not really big that big) of ram when doing mass PK also Good Processor and GPU. But old school Processors like pentium dual core or Core2Duo/Core2quad are still fine for PW.

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
Setting my GPU Graphics to max makes my PW lag. But not on other games like COD, Destiny etc. Im guessing the game is too old. Since my rig is actually fine. Also try to crossfire your GPUs. I prefer AMD/ATI GPU its cheaper than Nvidia also AMD Processors. The game actually consume alot of RAM. So you need a big amount(Not really big that big) of ram when doing mass PK also Good Processor and GPU. But old school Processors like pentium dual core or Core2Duo/Core2quad are still fine for PW.
Destiny is a PS/Xbox exclusive I swear.

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
About the titan:

...No one should be buying that anyway as I think it's not for gaming. And gosh 500000000000000000000 dollars for something that you can get a much cheaper card that performs almost as good, and you don't need to upgrade to a more powerful PSU.
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer

Offline 9artsDragon

• Sin forevaaa
  • Try and fail then learn and success!
Some says its CPU base but as far as what I can observe is gpu base too. So since its old and only get to use 1 core of your cpu, I can simply go with Pentium 3258 and oc it to 4.3gHz and get the r9 270x? :O hope we get to hear from agatio whats the best gpu and cpu recommended to get better fps.

9artsDragon - stealth>fb>firepill>stun>rc>autoattack>deads>stealth GG

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
Some says its CPU base but as far as what I can observe is gpu base too. So since its old and only get to use 1 core of your cpu, I can simply go with Pentium 3258 and oc it to 4.3gHz and get the r9 270x? :O hope we get to hear from agatio whats the best gpu and cpu recommended to get better fps.
And also play better game