Epic Perfect World

War Avatar ~ The last thing with Meaning

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Before I go into this let me just say that I like a lot of the things on this server that have been customized, and made purchasable, and I am in no way hating on the server dev's for what they've done to EPW.

A few weeks ago, there was a thread posted by a member stating that the War Avatar Title system should be made bypassable, and there should be an option to purchase the top title "War Avatar Champion" via donation. This in my opinion is very distasteful, and although the outcome of the thread was Agatio saying something along the lines of "I'll see if this would be hard to implement", I still would like to share why I think this is such a bad idea.

Recently I've been trying to gain the Champion title and it's actually harder than you think, implying that you don't buy the FSP coins from other people. Today I've gained 'War Avatar Hunter' and felt a sense of accomplishment, which was weird for me considering it's only 120 cards- but people don't take into consideration that out of those 120 card's I've probably spent double the amount of the chest's due to so many repeats.

When I came to this server, I noticed that there was a PvE element that I hadn't experienced on other servers, which are almost a straight to PvP atmosphere. I've been told by many GM's that this is in fact, a "PvE" server, and although it's mostly aimed towards a PvP endgame I can see where they are coming from. Apart from the BH's, and the dailies and the quests that give you daily EC gains, there's also quite a bit of way's to bypass all of this, and yes I mean donating.

As an avid money-doner myself that's geared multitudes of characters because I can't handle doing so much PV, I'd say it's actually worth donating if you don't have the time to do this yourself. You can literally, from level 110 on..

1) Purchase level scrolls, and SLS from the boutique with donation.

2)Purchase demonic gear, exclusive to the boutique (not including from boss drops)

3)Purchase all materials needed for endgame tomes

4)Convert Gold into Event Gold(EC)

5)Buy Nuema for 186 Spirit

The only thing that you cant actually donate for is Rank 8 recast armor itself, however with the Gold→EC donation that's pretty much not an issue.

War Avatar Titles are almost EXCLUSIVE to PvE elements, needing Flowsilver Coins mostly for the Titles. They need to be farmed from dailies and then converted into the chests in bulk to have a chance of having the top titles, War Avatar Veteran, Master, Champion.

Because of this, they're actually challenging to get ahold of. You can't buy War Avatar Champion with money, and even if you do purchase the FSP Coins you're still not sure-fire that you'll actually gain the title. It takes a lot of chests.

Why did I bring all this up?

In my opinion, In a server with almost everything that you need to be fully geared purchasable, there's very few things that distinguish you in the community aside from the ranking leader boards and winning GM-Hosted event's for a Temporary title.The War Avatar Title system is the only aspect that gives a sense of accomplishment and shows that you were dedicated to get something. The argument that these should be purchasable via donation is appalling to me, considering that they don't truly give 'that' much of a bonus and don't really change gameplay, people only want the title to show that they've conquered them all.

If the Champion title is made purchasable, theres nothing "Special" about this anymore. It's just another title, with no meaning other than you've spent money to buy it. If people want a title to show off that they're a cash shopper, why not make a purchasable title named "Cash Money" or something. I know that there's many people who don't care about this at all, and rightfully don't, however I feel that if this truly isn't a completely-PvP aimed server that this donation option shouldn't be added, because its only reducing value to something that was meant to show accomplishment.

(There was a reason behind these title-achievements being broadcasted on system message. Please don't destroy that sense of accomplishment because a few players want to feel special and respect the ones who have actually spend time to get these titles.)

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this, or anything to add? I know that many don't care at all about PvE features but please be respectful.

Cliché

Valid points made, my dear, beloved friend.

Inb4 the rest of the fourm community comes and flames on it.  :-X

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
Holy mother of novellas. Through day and night; rain, sleet and sunshine, I have read this massive wall of text. It took many a century, but finally I have finished. Through my travels, I have come to think many things, but there is only one thing I can say to this:

+1.
I've not been working on my War Avatars at all because I heard that they were going to be made purchasable and I didn't want all my hard work to go to waste just to be beaten by a 10 dollar deal. It's the same for people who already have the title; all their time spent farming fsp and opening chest after chest in the journey to become a War Avatar Champion will be meaningless if it's made purchasable.

And before you say, "Tell that to TM runners before it was made easier." This is not the same thing. You couldn't [I don't think] spend money on the TM run medals, you actually HAD to do it yourself and if you ran with a decent squad, you got the medal each and every time. War Avatars are different, as each chest you buy, each flowsilver coin conversion, etc will only give you a chance to get the cards you need.

Yeah, it may suck to those who are too lazy to do War Avatar collections, but for other people like me, we've been working pretty hard to get a pretty golden title and it would be awful to see all of it go to waste.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Holy mother of novellas. Through day and night; rain, sleet and sunshine, I have read this massive wall of text. It took many a century, but finally I have finished. Through my travels, I have come to think many things, but there is only one thing I can say to this:

+1.
I've not been working on my War Avatars at all because I heard that they were going to be made purchasable and I didn't want all my hard work to go to waste just to be beaten by a 10 dollar deal. It's the same for people who already have the title; all their time spent farming fsp and opening chest after chest in the journey to become a War Avatar Champion will be meaningless if it's made purchasable.

And before you say, "Tell that to TM runners before it was made easier." This is not the same thing. You couldn't [I don't think] spend money on the TM run medals, you actually HAD to do it yourself and if you ran with a decent squad, you got the medal each and every time. War Avatars are different, as each chest you buy, each flowsilver coin conversion, etc will only give you a chance to get the cards you need.

Yeah, it may suck to those who are too lazy to do War Avatar collections, but for other people like me, we've been working pretty hard to get a pretty golden title and it would be awful to see all of it go to waste.

This is what I was thinking exactly, PWI itself had a habit of making things that took hard work into donation worthy and smeared the PvE aspect's because they wanted more profit.

This is why I'm hesitant on going for the War Avatar Champion myself, because realistically it will take quite a bit of farming FSP to get them, and if not farming it still costs about 1.2k EC in game ATM for 150 Flowsilver coins.
I made this thread because I truly would hate to go through all that work to get the title and then find out a week later that it was made into a donation, and that I've wasted my time and money on something that has no meaning anymore.

Offline dove

• Forum Veteran
Didn't read, and not planning to.

Vegas

Don't think the title is anything special, would be cooler to have unique weapon skins that are hard to get or fash. More rewarding than some yellow ugly title

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
The War Avatar Title system is the only aspect that gives a sense of accomplishment and shows that you were dedicated to get something.
:normal-2: :normal-13: :normal-2:

And before you say, "Tell that to TM runners before it was made easier." This is not the same thing.

Stopped reading after this.  :normal-1:

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
It's a lot to read, but I did make it through.

I don't agree with a lot of things you say on the forums, but this I agree with.  What drew me to this server was the ease of doing things without the need of donating, and I love that donating is only to speed up the process of gear building and not to be a must-do.  I don't do a lot of FSP, but getting doubles, and triples of cards a run makes getting this title much harder than it seems.  Don't cheapen the title. 

As for TM capes, you actually had to do shit for it as well.  It sucks that it was made easier, but it wasn't just directly thrown into the point shop; you still had to farm for it (Aga could've been really evil and pulled a PWI move, but he didn't).  These cards still need to be farmed.  Sure you can deplete your EC count by just buying the coins, but that might cost you a lot more than a decently-engraved Warsong belt, and most of the cards themselves don't sell for crap anyways.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Cliché

Incoming the Ignorance Brigade. >:(

If you're going to just comment with useless Dollar Store smileys or "didn't read" don't even bother posting at all.

The original post had plenty of valid points and no, I am not just saying that to be biased because of the person that posted it. Even though I will always stand-by my best friend and support him. But anyway, that isn't the point.

This server has it so almost everything you need to reach end game status can be practically handed out to you on a silver platter if you donate/cash shop. Implenting a donation option to buy titles will be seriously game breaking. It will ruin the market for the people that sell the Flowsilver Coins, and all of the players who spent a very long time doing FSP for the War Avatar cards to gain the titles, all of their hard work and effort will go down the drain. It would just end up being a complete waste of time for them.

There's already plenty of things that can be cashed for, don't add titles to list of things. It'll only slowly turn this server to "Pay 2 Win" server and to me, that's not the point of a private server. Sure, cashing can be always an option, but it shouldn't be a resort for everything in the game. Earning things for benefits is nice too and gives a sense of accomplishment. Let things like obtaining War Avatar titles and titles in general be something you have to earn, not cash for.
Last Edit: Oct 29, 2014, 12:17 am by Cliché

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
what the ... did u just read 2 days ago u were complaning about this sv is full orientes on pvp no you go 4 the pve side ??
Like angela said i'm super damm F******** Lost here. And onli 1 title. Is not like is gonna change the whole sv cuz everybody have the title then everybody will be crying cuz before u even started playing here the TM robe was like 64 run brim 64 (pirates cave hallu idk the name) 24 eden 24 brimstone and ain't nobody is crying about that some changes are good others no. "Deal With It"

It's okay, true colors will shine soon.  :-*

i like pink :)

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
Sorry, I was lost.

????????????????? DARE STEAL LINE.

On topic, i also didn't read and i dont think it has to be changed because as i said before the player/person that made this thread must have down to suggest such retarded things. -1

Muffy

Tldr, its only game dont get lost

Cliché

what the ... did u just read 2 days ago u were complaning about this sv is full orientes on pvp no you go 4 the pve side ??
Like angela said i'm super damm F******** Lost here. And onli 1 title. Is not like is gonna change the whole sv cuz everybody have the title then everybody will be crying cuz before u even started playing here the TM robe was like 64 run brim 64 (pirates cave hallu idk the name) 24 eden 24 brimstone and ain't nobody is crying about that some changes are good others no. "Deal With It"

i like pink :)

This server does have a lot of pvp orientated things, yes. I was never against or favoring either side. Obtaining titles by farming them or donating is not even related to my statements about needing to pvp to obtain items in game.

Edit: and this thread isn't even about the TM cape, so stop comparing and bringing it up.

Offline Droopeh

Valid point, +1. And since the title basically gives extremely miniscule stats, I feel as if it SHOULD be left as a badge of honor of sorts, for those who've stuck through and actually made the effort to acquire it.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Keep it civil.

Reopened.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c: