Epic Perfect World

Gear Requirement for PvP Events

First off I'd like to say that this is mostly directed towards the 10 vs 10 events such as Boys vs Girls and Hell vs Heaven, however it could be applied to other PvP events depending on others' opinions.

It is already a requirement to be level 150 to participate in these events, but assuredly it does not mean much if some of these players show up wearing lower level gears. I am all for everybody being able to participate in the events and win rewards, but as it is a 10 vs 10 event, a PVP team event, one key player or class wearing lower gear can make or break the squad. I imagine that these people do not go out and PvP with lower level gears and excel, so it's kind of a slap in the face when players show geared in lvl 120-145 gear to these events. There are also numerous events in which rewards can attained that do not require being level 150 or well-geared, so there aren't many people missing out.

I would like to propose that minimum gear requirement be applied to these events.

I'm not referring to r8 recrafted to perfection, I'm talking about basic level 150 Dragon gear. Many very well geared and/or skilled players show up at nearly every event that is held, and currently the playing field is a little unbalanced.

I understand there will have to be exceptions for ornaments and robes considering they usually have a lower level requirement. I also would like to point out that yes I do understand it would be a hassle for the GM's to check every player's gear, but I wanted post this in Suggestions to hear everyone's thoughts on this idea.

(I would also like to apologize in advance if I seem conceited, I seem to be very blunt when it gets late).

So everybody, what are your thoughts? o:
Empower | Possess | Exorcise

Siggy Credit ♥

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I already implement this in my events and I think most other GMs do too.
I don't check the gear of everyone in the arena,
but if someone brings it to my attention,
I generally replace that person.

They would just be wasting a place as they aren't really
any competition to anyone, cannot fight or support their team.
and should be focusing on gearing up than on PVP events at that stage.
It might seem a bit unfair but it's easy to get Dragon and they can just try again another time.

It's unfair to their team and puts them at a significant disadvantage.
Last Edit: Oct 27, 2014, 12:26 pm by Melody⋆

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Yes, I don't see any point in attending a PvP event in a team if you're going to get oneshot or twoshot. It's bad enough that some people show up and don't have all of their skills or know what AA is.

Just today in my BvG squad our only physical DD other than our 2 EA's was a sin wearing mixed 130, 145 and 150 gears. And with AiZoX showing up at nearly every event, lol,  there is no contest when people aren't geared basically for their level...

Siggy Credit ♥

Offline MadWhiteRabbit

• Desserthoes for president
  • Faction: Ducks
Could also check peoples spirit to see if its capped at max ( i think an eye of observation can easily help with this) . Also make sure they have all S ranked cards to make sure they atleast can take a beating and deal some decent dmg. Nuemas play a big role in determining a players tankiness and dmg

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
Yes, I don't see any point in attending a PvP event in a team if you're going to get oneshot or twoshot. It's bad enough that some people show up and don't have all of their skills or know what AA is.

Just today in my BvG squad our only physical DD other than our 2 EA's was a sin wearing mixed 130, 145 and 150 gears. And with AiZoX showing up at nearly every event, lol,  there is no contest when people aren't geared basically for their level...

Then just tell the GM and they will be potentially be replaced, depending on their gear.

Offline Maxime

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: InTake AiZoX Haste Faultless Prime

I don't even go every event  :'(

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
You shouldn't go into an event knowing you're undergeared in the first place, thats stupidity on the players side. I wouldn't have someone wearing less than full rank 8/end-game orns in my party because I know they will be easily one-shottable.

GM's should check every single players gear once arrival in the event, because its a liablity to the entire team when there are undergeared, and overall outclassed players fighting against the servers active core that have very nicely statted rank 8 recast.

:-X

@Melody: Dragon gear is garbage, this ain't 2013 bud.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic

@Melody: Dragon gear is garbage, this ain't 2013 bud.

Better than being geared in Primal, or worse, Arena gear at 150 though.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

infernchidhu

Then just tell the GM and they will be potentially be replaced, depending on their gear.
Excuse me ? You don't let me leave the arena to make NW pots when you haven't even ported in 10 members in yet. You need to approachable to get this done. So make the rules in stone.  :smiley:

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
Excuse me ? You don't let me leave the arena to make NW pots when you haven't even ported in 10 members in yet. You need to approachable to get this done. So make the rules in stone.  :smiley:

I'm quite happy to put these down in the rules.

Edit: Added these rules to the BVG thread, since it was my thread.
I'll make sure to get it added to the others.

Last Edit: Oct 27, 2014, 03:31 pm by Melody⋆

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex

Gm can I join next event I will use primal and still win

Edit: Added these rules to the BVG thread, since it was my thread.
I'll make sure to get it added to the others.
Thank you :D

Gm can I join next event I will use primal and still win

None for you o:<

Siggy Credit ♥