Epic Perfect World

Could you GMs please..

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran
dude Eviction go away oh my gosh

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I hate that whenever anyone expresses opinions against popular belief its shot down and looked down upon because its "not respectful" when in reality it's just people getting defensive due to their personal bias and attachment to the situation.

Kiss more booty, oh my God you people...

GM is literally standing around, reading tickets, dealing with dumb community members with -very- obvious questions and muting because people are "trolls" and "deserve it"

zzz

I'm just sayin'

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex

I'm just sayin'
Well at least someone agrees with the truth.  :rolleyes:

Offline Droopeh

A few things:

This server does indeed have quite a few PVE elements for a private server. Trials, BQ, BH, HDD, FSP, GV, WS, Cube, Morai, TT... ALL of which are done regularly. Also, plenty of people enjoy and focus on PVE, hence there being at least some pure PVE/mainly PVE factions.

GM's get paid for this. This means that instead of having to sit in an office/shop/whatever for 8 hours straight, they sit at home and manage the community. This also means that they can also multitask while doing their job and sneak in a bit of studying, project work and whatever else they might be busy with at the given moment. This, in turn, means that GM's don't have to COMPLETELY waste 8 hours of their life every day on a single task just to get paid and can finish things that would usually take their free time away within their job period, which, in turn means they have more free time and more leisure when it comes to going out, i.e they probably get out more than people with a "regular" job so yeah

Oh and I just wanted to say thanks to the GM's because EVERY SINGLE TIME I've pmed a gm I've gotten an appropriate answer and a near immediate response. Whether it's been a simple question, a bug, a glitch etc they've always been happy to help so I don't see why I shouldn't treat them with respect. Coming from pwi, which, need I remind you had 0 (ZERO!) active GM's, I just feel glad to have staff constantly monitoring the community and being available to help. If I get treated with respect by the GM's, it's only natural I also treat them with respect - just like any other human. Title has NOTHING to do with it.

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
"Technically" a PvE server. Nobody is FORCED into PvP.

No they aren't but its still the endgame gameplay for this game, everything even on PWI scale is geared towards PvP. Why do you think they released rank gear in the first place? Defense and attack levels? It's all PvP-Oriented, which is my point. The game is literally made for PvP after a certain point that you can achieve on here within a week.

Do GM's enjoy being berated and talked down upon? No.
Do they enjoy people demanding things from them? No.
You wouldn't talk to people if they treated you like crap. Don't do that to staff, and they'll be happy to talk to you and be friendly.

Nobody likes being talked down upon and having things 'demanded out of them',  I've just witnessed through countless servers GM's pulling the "You aren't nice, no events for you" card which I think is completely immature and almost a calling for "Be nice, or you get nothing" which is really stupid in my opinion. I'm friendly to a few GM's that I have touched basis on, and I'm not demeaning or trying to insult anyone- I'm simply saying that there are things that are blown out of proportion by the staff as well as the players, especially regarding respect. People will naturally flock to a staff member and flaunt and love them just because of the title  :-X, I don't know half of you personally, nor will I most likely, however I'm not a stereotypical member of the community and won't smother people in attention just because they have a higher status. I hate that whenever anyone expresses opinions against popular belief its shot down and looked down upon because its "not respectful" when in reality it's just people getting defensive due to their personal bias and attachment to the situation.

I appreciate the work that GM's do for the community, and truly they're essential to the survival of a community- just as much as the head Dev and other Dev's.

Ok I'll post one more time.

The reason PW is so PvP focused is because of the cash shop. Where do people normally get rank gear? The easiest way, with money. Most MMO's have PvP because there is an audience for it. How big that audience is depends on how the game handles it. But you cannot simply ignore the PvE aspects with make up the majority of the game or the people who enjoy those aspects. You may not like the grind, but some do. That doesn't make them any less of a person.

There's something I don't get. You say people can't talk to GM's personally because the staff makes it too hard,but  assume when they do it's ass-kissing.
How do you know that someone isn't just on good terms with staff and they're friends?
I'm not saying there aren't people out there who act like the staff is filled with Godly figures who can fix and do anything, but you can't just laugh at someone for being friendly for the sake of it. You have a weird way of showing appreciation.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
Kiss more booty, oh my God you people...

GM is literally standing around, reading tickets, dealing with dumb community members with -very- obvious questions and muting because people are "trolls" and "deserve it"

zzz

Stupid individual

Stupid troll

Stupid dog

WUUBA DUGA DUGA!!!!!!

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Ok I'll post one more time.

The reason PW is so PvP focused is because of the cash shop. Where do people normally get rank gear? The easiest way, with money. Most MMO's have PvP because there is an audience for it. How big that audience is depends on how the game handles it. But you cannot simply ignore the PvE aspects with make up the majority of the game or the people who enjoy those aspects. You may not like the grind, but some do. That doesn't make them any less of a person.

There's something I don't get. You say people can't talk to GM's personally because the staff makes it too hard,but  assume when they do it's ass-kissing.
How do you know that someone isn't just on good terms with staff and they're friends?
I'm not saying there aren't people out there who act like the staff is filled with Godly figures who can fix and do anything, but you can't just laugh at someone for being friendly for the sake of it. You have a weird way of showing appreciation.

ALL OF THIS.

The part I bolded especially.  The PvP on PWI is exclusively for those who either have the time or real-life currency to afford it.  When badges were introduced in the cash shop, you saw how quickly r8 and r9 were sold.  Anything and anyone who wasn't at least a r8 character was quickly shunned (and that shunning got worse once the r9r3 came out).  I left a r8 character on PWI to come here.  I don't regret it.  And yes, while I do partake in the PvP on EPW, I enjoy the PvE part of the game.  Best part is...it's free.

I remember talking to a lot of people in the community that I normally wouldn't have as a normal player.  They weren't ass-kissing or anything, but they were curious about where I came from and the like.  For most, I did keep my past a mystery, although for some it was almost a dead giveaway due to my typing patterns (first day on the job and I got a message asking if I was so-and-so.  I laughed so hard). 

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
Stupid individual

Stupid troll

Stupid dog

WUUBA DUGA DUGA!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU JAJAJAJAJAJ

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
I LOVE YOU JAJAJAJAJAJ

No you can't love me