Epic Perfect World

Delete old character/guild names

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
-inb4 "Originality" comments-

I don't know how to put this into easier terms.

Characters / Guilds (level 3 with only one person in them if inactive) should be deleted if not active for YEARS at a time. This is a limiting factor to server creativity.

I've once made a ticket about a name, asking if it was even an active character and I found out that it hadn't been online in over two years.

Why not take all these characters, that haven't been online in literal -years- and delete them so that others may use their names? Same goes for guilds. If there's some inactive, 1 character guild that hasn't been online in 2+ years why are they even still in the game database. It's not like they are going to come back to game anytime soon.

I say this because i'm starting to see PWI tier creativity issues. With XxXxMLGxXxXX or [AltCodeStar]Name[AltCodeStar] usernames and guilds.

People may say "use creativity" but please. Lets be honest here. I'm sure that everyone who has played a PW server has had to put in at least 5+ different names and still have them all taken.

I know for a fact if upon request Agatio may take upon the liberty to delete certain characters, ect. Why not just delete all the old characters that are literally crowded with cobwebs? No, I'm not asking for a server wipe. I just know that a mass deletion would benefit many players on the server.

bvanharjr

While the characters can be deleted, their names are STILL in use by the database (which cannot be changed.)

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
While the characters can be deleted, their names are STILL in use by the database (which cannot be changed.)

This is not true. I've had a character deleted (By GM's) and remade.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
This applies to name changes. Generally deleting a character frees the name.

As to the original suggestion, people do come back. Even after a couple months or years. We get it often as we get tickets about people trying to recover accounts. A mass deletion would just cause complaints and issues, whereas deleting a name here and there doesnt.
Plus people do have names that they save. As well as im not sure how Aga could accomplish this properly without sifting through hundreds of accounts, making sure they don't have decent gear on them or bank toons, which is just not worth the effort.

As for guild names, I think that causes other complications.

Maybe if this was easily done, then I guess so. Maybe deleting chars under level 140 and inactive for 2 years or more. But I don't see this being easily done.
Last Edit: Oct 17, 2014, 05:28 am by Melody⋆

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

scatterer3

-inb4 "Originality" comments-

I don't know how to put this into easier terms.

Characters / Guilds (level 3 with only one person in them if inactive) should be deleted if not active for YEARS at a time. This is a limiting factor to server creativity.

I've once made a ticket about a name, asking if it was even an active character and I found out that it hadn't been online in over two years.

Why not take all these characters, that haven't been online in literal -years- and delete them so that others may use their names? Same goes for guilds. If there's some inactive, 1 character guild that hasn't been online in 2+ years why are they even still in the game database. It's not like they are going to come back to game anytime soon.

I say this because i'm starting to see PWI tier creativity issues. With XxXxMLGxXxXX or [AltCodeStar]Name[AltCodeStar] usernames and guilds.

People may say "use creativity" but please. Lets be honest here. I'm sure that everyone who has played a PW server has had to put in at least 5+ different names and still have them all taken.

I know for a fact if upon request Agatio may take upon the liberty to delete certain characters, ect. Why not just delete all the old characters that are literally crowded with cobwebs? No, I'm not asking for a server wipe. I just know that a mass deletion would benefit many players on the server.

Mass deletion would benefit you with taking the name you aimed for. I'd agree with level 1 characters and level 1-5 base factions wipe, but remember people have banks level 1-110, characters with names like Professionai (capital i) to avoid impersonators. Imagine how many issues this will cause. Do not quote me with your bs text, I know perfectly what you want and how you feel because I am trying to get an inactive name for years.

Offline Nicolle

• Old Player
  • No
I don't agree with this.

-

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
I kinda agree with him, I had moments where I had to look for 10diff names so I can find one that I LIKE and won't make me be like "fck this name I want smth else, there are chars I didn't change name since I made em.
If people want bank accounts they can make em lvl 111 for example.
A lot of ppl just make lvl 1 chars to keep a name, in my opinion its not fair if u don't use it now let others, u can think of smth else.
I doubt ppl that didn't play for more than 1 or 2 years would come back....

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
while finding your chosen name for a char or faction is inconvenient, I don't agree with the suggestion. Its not hard to choose a  unique name BUT I have in fact had several friends who either chose to leave for a time, or were forced to do so due to life situations (work school having kids  PC dies no service etc )  come back and they were pleased to find the toon they had created or faction they had made was still viable .  With all the possibilities of words and phrases in the world....this is really not needed.  (-1)
I have  deleted toons with specific names myself and come back to remake them with identical names at a later date. This was after large server patches so perhaps it is why I dint have trouble with it?
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
I think this idea Is pretty bad.

I think that if someone wants a name but the character is 150 it doesn't get deleted. I believe there is another way to free the name without deleting the character. Agatio could change the name in iweb (add some extracharacters on the name or something) and from my experience that leaves the other name free. Alot less work and alot more 'haven't been used for years' names available. Agatio would have to test the theory though. :-[

Offline Midnight™

• Characters: Midnight
  • Faction: X
I just read the title but i must say that yes theres lot's of faction names used and never been actives for years so they are empty never active so names are locked.  Also i belive that all these years lot's of people joined the server making chars to see how it is and quited , i belive the amount of that is huge.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
I just read the title but i must say that yes theres lot's of faction names used and never been actives for years so they are empty never active so names are locked.  Also i belive that all these years lot's of people joined the server making chars to see how it is and quited , i belive the amount of that is huge.

This is what I'm talking about. Many people come to server, test it out for a week or so and then proceed to quit the game. I don't think its fair that these users would be clogging up the server and making it so that others cant use the inactive names.

I don't neccesarily understand "name hoarding" either and im sure that there are many that do this. But level 110 - characters that havent been online in 2-3 years.

People I'm NOT saying delete all characters that were made in the past year or so, or trying to get all your "hoarded names" deleted. I'm saying 2+ year old character that havent been on in over 2+ years themselves such as the ones I asked the GM's about and was flat out told that they hadn't been on since early 2012
Last Edit: Oct 17, 2014, 12:07 pm by Eviction

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
I kinda agree with him, doubt people who havent logged for 1-2 years would come back.  People who make low lvl chars just to keep the name is unfair. I dont see this happening though.

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
i dont really agree with deleting someones toon.. if i had to go mia for awhile and came back and everything was deleted i would be pretty upset. and i mean theres a few taken names i would love but i live with it xD i think it would take ALOT of time for agatio to go through and find some player that hasnt played in awhile and edit the toon only for you to take the name. also how many "taken" names has been eaten by the I.D stones to
Last Edit: Oct 17, 2014, 12:46 pm by BanditCatOfLove
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
i dont really agree with deleting someones toon.. if i had to go mia for awhile and came back and everything was deleted i would be pretty upset. and i mean theres a few taken names i would love but i live with it xD i think it would take ALOT of time for agatio to go through and fine some player that hasnt played in awhile and edit the toon only for you to take the name. also how many "taken" names has been eaten by the I.D stones to

You've gone MIA for over 2 years and come back suddenly?

I'm sure there are ways to catagorize characters and usernames, because it -is- a database and that means there are lists. Theres only around 3000 characters actually created on this server right now anyways in total.

Dagny

This is a limiting factor to server creativity.

On the reverse, it pushes people to be more and more creative, doesn't it?

To the suggestion. Deleting a person's toon just because someone doesn't have enough wit to come up with a good-looking/-sounding name? Really?