Epic Perfect World

R8-a more stats?

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
yea before i made meekoh i would play on and off. (play for 2 weeks and get bored then be gone for a month) i mean like i said im not looking for a hand out. i do enjoy working hard for my stuff as i appreciate it more. i would just like to feel like its not a complete waste and that i will be able to enjoy pk with my veno :)
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
This is exactly my point...
Donation won't even help you with good r8 stats... the only thing that helps is luck and a lot time spent farming..
People complaining about not much pvp... there you have it... you can't pvp without 1 year of pve:)
Let's be honest... since new horizon (and long before that) not much has been done to improve the gameplay.
For people that already have some good r8 stats.. there is not much to do.
For people that are new there is also not much to do, except  farm ...
Let's make it a little bit more player-friendly and fun-oriented?
it is worth motivating players from time to time with new stuff... even a good server gets boring after a while...

I hardly see how changing R8 would fix this supposed problem.
If anything, working for gear actually gives you something to do.
Personally I believe this is the reason our server is so popular
and the reason that people stay here for extended lengths of time.
Every other server, you are fully geared in a week,
PK for a couple months, get bored, and move on.
I've done it on 4 servers before here and
seen just about everyone else I know in game do the same.

Here, gear is lengthy but not impossible, same with leveling and other gameplay items.
It's what keeps people interested. Make things too easy and people will get bored.
I understand it's hard sometimes and people are unlucky,
which may lead to people giving up and leaving,
but I don't think adding more stats to R8 will fix this,
it will only break balance.

The thing about this game is that it is outdated.
There is only so much we can do, only so much we can change,
only so much we can add. It's just the way that the game is now.
Changing gear won't solve this problem, it just means having to replace
or alter everything you have already worked for to kill your own boredom issues for a couple weeks.

All it would do is create all sorts of balance issues and create a lot of
unnecessary for work for a goal that isn't worth it nor would change much.

Overall, not my decision, just my opinion.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
instead of adding another stat maybe slightly increasing the chances? idk for my veno i always seem to get niiiccceee meele stats.. but magic? pfft out the window lmao!!!!
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Mihi

• Old Player
  • Characters: _Achilles
  • Faction: Artifex
Please, learn to use some argumentation and not to write about nothing. Ridiculing a person only makes you look stupid, not the tageted person.

You had no proper points backing up your argument either. I don't even see if there's anything to 'argue' here but here are some for the sake of stupid people.

• Getting 40 extra str/dex/mag, -channel, -int, or phys/mag def makes a significant difference. There would be WRs running around with so much defense that they would be unkillable if they have an EP (which is almost the case now). There would be even faster channeling EAs, Mages, and Psychics. ***ing Psychics would hit faster. Let's not even talk about sins.
  • This would require for every single person on the server to reroll what they have already to get the 4th stat.
  • This is just an extravagant way of saying that you don't want to put into the same amount of effort as other people to get decent stats. You're not 'unlucky'. Every single person has the same chances of getting stats as you. You're not that special that you have so much more 'bad luck' than everyone else. Even my gf and I, players who started earlier this year, and barely play often, have decent stats on over 5-6 toons. Sure we were struck with horrible stats plenty of times, much like EVERYONE ELSE, but much like EVERYONE ELSE, we got what we wanted eventually.
  • One of the main aspects of the server that keeps it stable is the difficulty of getting gear. I've played on many servers and one of the reasons for their downfalls was that they couldn't find a balance between 'too easy' and 'too difficult'. Doing this may discourage old players with good stats to work for their gear again. Mind you, most large factions are run by old players of the servers.

TL;DR: OP is lazy and this idea is stupid.

Offline Bigbo

• Lord
  • LF for wife xD
  • Characters: Bigbo
Bad idea .. Sin or archer wl fck all chars lol.. No need 4x opption.. We are happy and enjoying EPW ... Totaly balanced server
Anirban Guha ßumba

Offline sakurabak

I hardly see how changing R8 would fix this supposed problem.
If anything, working for gear actually gives you something to do.
Personally I believe this is the reason our server is so popular
and the reason that people stay here for extended lengths of time.
Every other server, you are fully geared in a week,
PK for a couple months, get bored, and move on.
I've done it on 4 servers before here and
seen just about everyone else I know in game do the same.

Here, gear is lengthy but not impossible, same with leveling and other gameplay items.
It's what keeps people interested. Make things too easy and people will get bored.
I understand it's hard sometimes and people are unlucky,
which may lead to people giving up and leaving,
but I don't think adding more stats to R8 will fix this,
it will only break balance.

The thing about this game is that it is outdated.
There is only so much we can do, only so much we can change,
only so much we can add. It's just the way that the game is now.
Changing gear won't solve this problem, it just means having to replace
or alter everything you have already worked for to kill your own boredom issues for a couple weeks.

All it would do is create all sorts of balance issues and create a lot of
unnecessary for work for a goal that isn't worth it nor would change much.

Overall, not my decision, just my opinion.
I agree that lengthy farming is a good thing. I don't  like when luck decides about you game more then your actual efford (this is the case with 3 stats on r8).
People farm different classes and different chars, not r8 stats on 1 character.
I think that you can do as much as this... adding 1 extra stat isn't such a big deal and people (everyone, including old players) have something to do..
Hey.. you are good staff, you are smart people.. u can do more that you have been doing for some time now...
It is pw that keeps people in here, not epw...

Offline Euikon

• Forum Veteran
Since SoW patch is allredy really easy to get 3x ct/2x ct/3x int/2x int with  4th stat added its like a joke getting op stats lol

Offline sakurabak

You had no proper points backing up your argument either. I don't even see if there's anything to 'argue' here but here are some for the sake of stupid people.

• Getting 40 extra str/dex/mag, -channel, -int, or phys/mag def makes a significant difference. There would be WRs running around with so much defense that they would be unkillable if they have an EP (which is almost the case now). There would be even faster channeling EAs, Mages, and Psychics. ****ing Psychics would hit faster. Let's not even talk about sins.
  • This would require for every single person on the server to reroll what they have already to get the 4th stat.
  • This is just an extravagant way of saying that you don't want to put into the same amount of effort as other people to get decent stats. You're not 'unlucky'. Every single person has the same chances of getting stats as you. You're not that special that you have so much more 'bad luck' than everyone else. Even my gf and I, players who started earlier this year, and barely play often, have decent stats on over 5-6 toons. Sure we were struck with horrible stats plenty of times, much like EVERYONE ELSE, but much like EVERYONE ELSE, we got what we wanted eventually.
  • One of the main aspects of the server that keeps it stable is the difficulty of getting gear. I've played on many servers and one of the reasons for their downfalls was that they couldn't find a balance between 'too easy' and 'too difficult'. Doing this may discourage old players with good stats to work for their gear again. Mind you, most large factions are run by old players of the servers.

TL;DR: OP is lazy and this idea is stupid.

I have no proper points according to you. At least I am making some points.
Getting 40 extra vitality for bms would also mean, gettign extra 40 magic for wizards, and? Don't see a balance here?
You don't have to  destroy your current r8 gears, you can just keep them till u get something better...
A work for everyone actually means fun...
I have above average stats on my veno (can't get better ones without huge luck), would like to play other classes but it takes ages to farm good stats on r8...
You have "decent" stats on your chars, which  probably make you weak in pvp...no thx.
It is true that balance between challenging and easy to get is most important. There has to be a balance between fun and boring (nothing new- new stuff), fair and luck based, having something to do- having nothing to do...

Offline sakurabak

Bad idea .. Sin or archer wl fck all chars lol.. No need 4x opption.. We are happy and enjoying EPW ... Totaly balanced server

Archers and sin are already killers...
Quite everyone understands that pw (server) isn't blaanced and it will never be.

Offline Mihi

• Old Player
  • Characters: _Achilles
I have no proper points according to you. At least I am making some points.
Getting 40 extra vitality for bms would also mean, gettign extra 40 magic for wizards, and? Don't see a balance here?
You don't have to  destroy your current r8 gears, you can just keep them till u get something better...
A work for everyone actually means fun...
I have above average stats on my veno (can't get better ones without huge luck), would like to play other classes but it takes ages to farm good stats on r8...
You have "decent" stats on your chars, which  probably make you weak in pvp...no thx.
It is true that balance between challenging and easy to get is most important. There has to be a balance between fun and boring (nothing new- new stuff), fair and luck based, having something to do- having nothing to do...

You did not have proper points to argue. Extra 40 vit =/= balance against 40 extra magic for a mage. You can see the stats breakdown page on pwi wiki for more info on that.

Regardless of whether you having to destroy it or not, people would have to spend EVEN MORE time getting things. This is exactly what you're trying to reduce. This whole thing is counter productive to.

I have good stats on all my chars, not decent. Sin has double dex on all pieces. WR has all def level gear with phys/mag resistance increase and what not. Also regardless of what my gear was, people still PK with dragon gear. Decent stats on R8 = playable, not weak. Just not as OP as some other players.

Fun and boring is subjective. PvP is fun for me, it may not be for you. Do something else when there's nothing to do in game. Then again, you have to gear up your other toons so do that.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
It's obvious that the more stats the gear would contain, the higher gap between players would be, you're trying to fix something that would cause totally opposite , oh God

Offline sakurabak

instead of adding another stat maybe slightly increasing the chances? idk for my veno i always seem to get niiiccceee meele stats.. but magic? pfft out the window lmao!!!!

Not sure about increasing chances... I have suggested extra stat because i want to reduce luck factor. Maybe simply remove useless stats?
I would be best if  more work would mean better stats.
Currently luck ,means less work, no lock means never ending work, averag luck means 1 year of farming for each toon.
P.S. Maybe make r8 account stashable ?

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
Not sure about increasing chances... I have suggested extra stat because i want to reduce luck factor. Maybe simply remove useless stats?
Currently luck ,means less work, no lock means never ending work, averag luck means 1 year of farming for each toon.

this.... sooooo retarded, what the ***?

Offline sakurabak

It's obvious that the more stats the gear would contain, the higher gap between players would be, you're trying to fix something that would cause totally opposite , oh God
...something fun:) Like actually more work would mean a profit in game...
Not like now: if you are not lucky, you are undergeared....

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team

I geared 5 characters (all PK able) in 6 months when I played. 1 year of farming is a huge exaggeration. Even though I know you didn't mean it literally (at least I hope not) it doesn't even take half that time.

This would solve absolutely nothing. If you mean so other classes can wear the gear, then this would mean a complete and utter change of the whole R8 systems, as each class has class-specific gear. Just no.

At first, I saw the intentions behind your suggestion, but now it just seems you are just not willing to work for anything. If that is the case, I think you are on the wrong server. That is not our design nor is it anything we would like to be. The reason we are the best p.server is because we are different from all the other servers.

This would just ruin balance.
As Achilles said, you can still PK in semi-decent R8, which is more than easy enough to obtain.
You aren't working to PK, that is already possible.
You are just working towards better gear.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c: