Epic Perfect World

Veno's r8.

Offline BriEsT

• Don
I can see some  strange things here:)
It is obvious that pet's hp isn't a problem, 100x bigger problem is the fact that some classes (like mystic, bm, cleric) can 1-shoot the pet.
This fact is just cowardly being ignored, but due to some trolls spamming forum, pet's hp gets lowered:)
The current pets are not more tanky then the old pets...at least not much more, they also don't even have more damage or crap... it is all quite the same, the only difference is that new skills for pets (most of them useless) came out.
This post is about veno's r8 weapon, which is purely magic weapon  (its physical attack is very low), that was created based on a semi-meele pataka (which is a mistake).
Veno is a good class, it does not mean, it should be nerfed.
This  whole thing is becoming a bit too childish for me.
It seems to me that when the crowd screams, the EPW team jumps, when it is about making game fair.. nobody cares:)
Maybe you guys should think about doing politics?

Yet again I ll encourage you to watch Elly how venos are suppose to be played in mass pk , in 1v1s Im pretty sure you can kill anything with that stunlock that you already have + the dmg .

Offline King Kazma

• Fox
  • Here i am not.
So few veno's on the server, yet it's so OP everyone wants it to be nerfed, if it's so broken why does everyone not play it? oh ya right it takes skill to be OP. it's not just the class.

Offline Rozaria

• 花樣年華
  • Faction: Xpendable
So few veno's on the server

..:normal-43:

yunie1

Change back to the old pet system, wfs didn't need it.

WF strong points:
-0 pdefEvery 1 of 100 ironwood scarabs proc, (unless you're Bewitch)
-0mdefSeriously how many times does this shit proc? I think it's a myth.(unless you're Bewitch)
-25+secs immunity comboAfter which, you are rendered genie less, pot less and chi less giving any INTELLIGENT being the chance to lock you down to death anyone standing still to the wf while he/she chains this combo deserves to die.
-demon speed spammableNothing to say on this one, but you're still the first one to complain about it, the speed has been there for centuries
-pet that works as a pocket wrAgree with you there, remove them please.
-pet that hits with 15k per skillLast time I checked my pet about a month ago, it didn't even hit black voodoo psychics for 800 dmg.
-0 chiAre we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-purgeEA's?
-amplifyAre we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-soul trap that doubles the aoe power but even bypass 3spark/ig/sutra and every type of protection(also nullify poison)?
-bramble=75% dmg reductionBramble shield? Doesn't work on main map and it DEFLECTS dmg.
-reflect(bramble 200% and normal one 75% but in arena only),the other soul one ALWAYS works
-pets got GM buffs(permanent anti movement debuffs,being untargettable and so on)Yes, pets are broken.
-pet stun is AOE.Lasts what? two seconds?
-aoe seal+freeze(also adds HF on demon version)Are we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-spammable skills that still hit 7k+ per skill
-insta hp skillAren't this one and the one below the same thing? If you're talking about metabolic boost in here, it is not instant and it recovers 50% hp AND it has like an hour long cd
- % of MP and HP swapping system(soul transfusion)Are we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-bewitchAre we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-2 anti stun skillsAre we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-spammable lucky scarab that combined with pet stunning skills and nova makes the lock something that would make a WR looking as useless.Spammable since when? Please someone enlighten me here, I know I'm inactive but last time I checked it has a 8 senconds cooldown(if you're demon)
WF weak points:
low pdef,that u couldnt care less about since u can kite forever with demon speed and u dont care if u have 123123013k or 0 pdef since u gonna be always TOTALLY IMMUNE or ull target gonna be 100% LOCKED.
WFs are OP and broken, u want them to be changed?good, remove 20 ct or 15 def lvls and they gonna be still broken but something close to "balanced" Not the player's fault you can't lock a veno.

Venos are indeed a very strong class and with the pets they are, I admit it, totally broken. But you take it too far my friend.
Last Edit: Oct 12, 2014, 03:36 pm by Poisoned

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?

how bout we just go back to the 6 main classes then at that point?
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
So from what I can gather from this thread:

- Pets are OP
- Pets can be 1-shot
- Venos have too many skills
- Veno don't have enough power on weapons
- Venos need more channeling
- Pets lock too much
- Venos are OP
- Venos are weak and need a boost
- People like oranges

It's like watching a tennis match.

My belief is that when it comes to nerf/boost threads, if you can't really show substantial evidence as to why this needs to be done, other than the fact that you are dying, then perhaps your ability is the problem and not the class.

As to the original topic, all classes aren't meant to have the same stats as each other, as each class has a different role, each class has different strengths, each class has different weaknesses. R8 weaps are far from useless, as they offer different things in different situations (puri, def levels etc). As people have said, the weapon is designed differently from the other caster classes as they perform a different role to the other classes.

I think venos are fine.

THANK you. I don't know why this logic isn't obvious to the rest of the "smarter" people on server.

Vegas

btw for all the g00d b0is complaining:

WF pataka http://prntscr.com/4vevmg

Wiz sword http://prntscr.com/4vew04

the minimum mag atk is lower but wf spike damage is even higher than wiz's...... :normal-20: :normal-20:
.....and we dont have a semi immortal pet spamming skills that hit 15k on people.

I played a WF without TM cloak for a day and 1 shot a WR, very hard class.

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
  • On the top of EPW food chain
  • Characters: Noobed
  • Faction: Zulu

WF strong points:
-0 pdefEvery 1 of 100 ironwood scarabs proc, (unless you're Bewitch)
-0mdefSeriously how many times does this **** proc? I think it's a myth.(unless you're Bewitch)
-25+secs immunity comboAfter which, you are rendered genie less, pot less and chi less giving any INTELLIGENT being the chance to lock you down to death anyone standing still to the wf while he/she chains this combo deserves to die.
-demon speed spammableNothing to say on this one, but you're still the first one to complain about it, the speed has been there for centuries
-pet that works as a pocket wrAgree with you there, remove them please.
-pet that hits with 15k per skillLast time I checked my pet about a month ago, it didn't even hit black voodoo psychics for 800 dmg.
-0 chiAre we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-purgeEA's?
-amplifyAre we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-soul trap that doubles the aoe power but even bypass 3spark/ig/sutra and every type of protection(also nullify poison)?
-bramble=75% dmg reductionBramble shield? Doesn't work on main map and it DEFLECTS dmg.
-reflect(bramble 200% and normal one 75% but in arena only),the other soul one ALWAYS works
-pets got GM buffs(permanent anti movement debuffs,being untargettable and so on)Yes, pets are broken.
-pet stun is AOE.Lasts what? two seconds?
-aoe seal+freeze(also adds HF on demon version)Are we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-spammable skills that still hit 7k+ per skill
-insta hp skillAren't this one and the one below the same thing? If you're talking about metabolic boost in here, it is not instant and it recovers 50% hp AND it has like an hour long cd
- % of MP and HP swapping system(soul transfusion)Are we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-bewitchAre we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-2 anti stun skillsAre we listing the things the class can do to make it seem op? Because that can be done with  any class
-spammable lucky scarab that combined with pet stunning skills and nova makes the lock something that would make a WR looking as useless.Spammable since when? Please someone enlighten me here, I know I'm inactive but last time I checked it has a 8 senconds cooldown(if you're demon)
WF weak points:
low pdef,that u couldnt care less about since u can kite forever with demon speed and u dont care if u have 123123013k or 0 pdef since u gonna be always TOTALLY IMMUNE or ull target gonna be 100% LOCKED.
WFs are OP and broken, u want them to be changed?good, remove 20 ct or 15 def lvls and they gonna be still broken but something close to "balanced" Not the player's fault you can't lock a veno.

Venos are indeed a very strong class and with the pets they are, I admit it, totally broken. But you take it too far my friend.
why people like u talk if they dont even know the PvP dynamics, i have no idea, but w.e.:
apart that u kept listing "this can be done by this class also, this by that" forgetting that all those shyts can be done by only by a single wf, apart that u said "the 25+ seconds immunity combo lets u uncovered" yes, true, but if u aint able to kill something while u are god for like 30 seconds, then u need to delete system 32(im sure u can hit 28 seconds just with feral+ig+ad, dunno if there are more tricks),apart that u dont even know that bramble hood reflects damages in arena or closed ares only but ALWAYS reduces by 75% the incoming damages, i wanna let u see how ignorant u are just by putting a question mark on the soultrap thing,because yes my friend, once u soultrapped someone he can use all he wants, u just need to hit the doll and he will get damaged no matter what, and aoes are doubled cuz they hit ur target and the doll also=x2.
As last note, stun is spammable combined to the 2 pet stuns, and the ironwood procs alot infact it is 15 or 20%(i think 20 but not too sure) which is the same chance of demon stone rain aka 1 out of 5.
Not trying to trash u or w.e. but this explains why classes aint balanced=people with no knowledge propose things.

Offline Kia

-0mdefSeriously how many times does this **** proc? I think it's a myth.(unless you're Bewitch)

There is no such thing as 0 mdef. Myriad Rainbow reduces 100% of equipment value. Do not mistake this for setting it to 0 like Demon Ironwood does.

Wfs always had lowest-highest dmg on patakas, any other weapons were used to heal pets (more reliable heal)  :normal-19:

Everyone risk by going full attack mode, that's how it is..

I was referring to the overall magic attack with any weapon and no pet compared to other classes magic attack, non-specific to r8 pataka.  :monkey-9:
Empower | Possess | Exorcise

Siggy Credit ♥

Offline Mihi

• Old Player
  • Characters: _Achilles
  • Faction: Artifex
I cannot believe that the topic of 'whether WFs need a buff or not' has been discussed for 6 pages :normal-19: I assumed that it was a general consensus that WFs are one of the only classes that will not need any kind of buff in the foreseeable future

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸

- Pets are OP
- Pets can be 1-shot
- Pets lock too much
- Venos are OP
- People like oranges

My belief is that when it comes to nerf/boost threads, if you can't really show substantial evidence as to why this needs to be done, other than the fact that you are dying, then perhaps your ability is the problem and not the class.

As to the original topic, all classes aren't meant to have the same stats as each other, as each class has a different role, each class has different strengths, each class has different weaknesses. R8 weaps are far from useless, as they offer different things in different situations (puri, def levels etc). As people have said, the weapon is designed differently from the other caster classes as they perform a different role to the other classes.

I think venos are fine.

Venos are really fine or even more than fine both in 1v1 and mass pk. I see no reason to boost them anyhow.
Pets were too tanky before their nerf, sometimes during watching/hosting playoffs i could see how some classes are really hopeless against it. While it gives high stunlock they couldnt kill the pet which was healed.
Dmg of veno is fine as well if thats the pure point of this topic. Not to mention 0 def for example.

I think we can lock this now. It's just going to be the same arguments over and over.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

- Pets are OP
- Pets can be 1-shot
- Pets lock too much
- Venos are OP
- People like oranges

I think venos are fine.

Venos are really fine or even more than fine both in 1v1 and mass pk. I see no reason to boost them anyhow.
Pets were too tanky before their nerf, sometimes during watching/hosting playoffs i could see how some classes are really hopeless against it. While it gives high stunlock they couldnt kill the pet which was healed.
Dmg of veno is fine as well if thats the pure point of this topic. Not to mention 0 def for example.

Honestly, this.

Venomancers are fine the way they are, they can hit hard and be rolled hard, we have pets but they can be oneshot, it's all about how well you play your class.
Empower | Possess | Exorcise

Siggy Credit ♥