Epic Perfect World

New Player!

Offline Tyr4el

Hello friends. I'm looking to get started here and was wondering what this server is like. It's #1 on Xtreme Top 100 so I figured I'd check it out.

What's the community like and how's the in game population?  I'm concerned that the beginner areas would be dead. Is that the case?

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
There aren't really any beginning areas. You kill bunnies until 110 then do PV until 150 or use Super Level Scrolls.

Offline Tyr4el

There aren't really any beginning areas. You kill bunnies until 110 then do PV until 150 or use Super Level Scrolls.

Oh wow the XP is that fast huh?  Okay so then at max level what is there to do?  Since you level so fast what is the end game like?

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
follow arrows and kill bunnies. You should check out guides section. Our answers will confuse you. Especially if we'll try to answer all of your questions :normal-2: community is same everywhere.

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

pikachuchu

Oh wow the XP is that fast huh?  Okay so then at max level what is there to do?  Since you level so fast what is the end game like?

The leveling isn't fast. At the start you kill a total of 8-9 bunnies if you follow the arrows to get 110. Afterwards you do PV. It goes kind of fast until 140, then it goes slower. At 148-150 is the slowest. (This is assuming you do PV)
Alternative ways is using LS or SLS, but for that you need epic coins (EPW Currency) which you won't have if you make your first character.

The community is good, we have fantastic GM's and Support Members willing to help when and where they can. As any other game though, we have our fair share of trouble makers.

After you get to 150 then you have a lot of things to do:
You farm for EC (Epic Coin) to get end game gear, this includes amazing r8, warsong belt, cube necklace, all with good engraves.
We are a pk server as well so at 150 (Preferably not lower because then people will farm you and there's a huge gap between 149- to 150.)
So yeah, at 150 you pk and get better gear to be better in pk. Or stay pve and just farm. (:

Hope this was helpful! :D

Offline Tyr4el

Thank you for the help!  What's a good magic class for a new player?  I was looking at Psychic

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
Thank you for the help!  What's a good magic class for a new player?  I was looking at Psychic
Can you tell me why psychic? :)
Your name reminds me of D3 and that I should finish it finally..
Last Edit: Oct 07, 2014, 05:21 pm by Angelala
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Storm❤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden

Offline Tyr4el

Can you tell me why psychic? :)
Your name reminds me of D3 and that I should finish it finally..
Lol D3 was fun. Haven't gotten the expansion yet.

I pick Psychic because I always like playing mind magic mages in games of available and he seems pretty cool.

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
Lol D3 was fun. Haven't gotten the expansion yet.

I pick Psychic because I always like playing mind magic mages in games of available and he seems pretty cool.
Man the new class is quite nerfed after the patch they released :c Kinda nerfed my lovely monk too.

Psychic is nice, you can switch between heavy defense/low attack to heavy attack/low defense using your own buffs. Unless you are fighting mystics, one of their skill is tricky, it ignores defense levels, and that's what you base on.. I can ask around the better players about the class itself and let you know more, I didn't really play this class but I know how to fight against it :)

You can msg me instead of talking in here, it will attract post farmers
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Storm❤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
Beginner areas should all be dead, everywhere, no matter what the server. The focus now is to get people through those hellish low levels as fast possible so they can go straight to the fun stuff.
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer

Offline Tyr4el

Is there a lot to do once I get through those first 110 levels?  Any raids or dungeons to do?  How is gear obtained?  What do you do for fun? :D

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
  • On the top of EPW food chain
  • Characters: Noobed
  • Faction: Zulu
as magic class dont pick Wizard unless u r godo skilled as > M E < and even because not only is the most disadvantaged magic class but even cuz its fking expensive to gear up.
WFs and Mystic are between the most broken classes of the game(aka unbalanced vs other classes) and they r magic aswell.Psy is a good class but once again u need alot of money to gear it up in a good way(magic/crit on all r8 and such).
The less expensive class to gear up is an EA since there aint "fixed godly stats" if u get str/dex/crit/ct/int its always good and they r very easely to be played especially in mass pk.(make it sage not demon).  :normal-36: :normal-36: :normal-36:

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
For EXP you can go to many places, it will be up to you.
till 130 you can level in OHT 3rd map - Valley fo the Scarred
after that you can go to PV, FCor try your luck if you are egared in Shrine of the Ancestors.

There are some stuff you can use to boost your EXP received such as Esoteria, EXP Tome, EXP Belt (obtained if you marry and exchange the sweet hearts for it) can do it with an alt if you wish  :-\

If you need help with all the gears please check our Guides Section, we have guides for everything  :-\

Welcome to the Server, hope you enjoy it here.

Offline Tyr4el

For EXP you can go to many places, it will be up to you.
till 130 you can level in OHT 3rd map - Valley fo the Scarred
after that you can go to PV, FCor try your luck if you are egared in Shrine of the Ancestors.

There are some stuff you can use to boost your EXP received such as Esoteria, EXP Tome, EXP Belt (obtained if you marry and exchange the sweet hearts for it) can do it with an alt if you wish  :-\

If you need help with all the gears please check our Guides Section, we have guides for everything  :-\

Welcome to the Server, hope you enjoy it here.

I'll have to do that. I installed the main game from Perfect World. Is the client here different?  Should I just uninstall the game from Arc and install using this server's client?