Epic Perfect World

Replace crit on MG set bonus with 15% def like on other casters

Vegas

Since everyone asks for buffs I thought I should give it a shot too, crit rate of MGs is really high and the def blows so the change would actually balance them a bit more in 1v1 situations and possibly nerf them slightly in mass PK, they are 1 of the squishiest classes and unlike other casters they have no phys immune skills, anti stun, plume shell or other survival skills. We only rely on def and our leap so I think the defense should be increased by a bit. I don't think MGs are viable in 1v1 atm, they can do well if they switch a lot of gear pieces but I'm pretty sure other classes can do better in 1v1 with less effort so yea  :police:

Insert some mentalista style maths here

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
I like your idea sir. +1

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
The downside of being a hard hitting arcane
AOE class is being weak defensively.

It's like that for a reason.

Last Edit: Sept 29, 2014, 03:53 am by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
>.> I don't know much about the state of the game......
So + and - 1
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

Offline Animassacre

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: War
useless bro, all you need is to face me and fight me in a real bro

Vegas

The downside of being a hard hitting arcane
AOE class is being weak defensively.

It's like that for a reason.

Hard hitting AoE class? AoEs tickle full buffed targets, our damage comes from undine,other amps/debuffs like extreme poison or spark and low CT burst damage which is mostly single target  :rolleyes: I would rather waste my chi for ice prison or mountains seize (CC) instead of wasting it for other AoEs, tempest can be good in some situations but it's not op at all. I think psys are better arcane AOE DDs because they have higher attack level, more magic(don't have to sacrifice dmg for CT) and don't have to debuff their targets to deal good damage  ;) Oh and MGs never were glass cannons. Look at retail servers, MGs were pretty tanky there

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
Hard hitting AoE class? AoEs tickle full buffed targets, our damage comes from undine,other amps/debuffs like extreme poison or spark and low CT burst damage which is mostly single target  :rolleyes: I would rather waste my chi for ice prison or mountains seize (CC) instead of wasting it for other AoEs, tempest can be good in some situations but it's not op at all. I think psys are better arcane AOE DDs because they have higher attack level, more magic(don't have to sacrifice dmg for CT) and don't have to debuff their targets to deal good damage  ;) Oh and MGs never were glass cannons. Look at retail servers, MGs were pretty tanky there

I've played Heavens Tear PWI for years. MG's have never been tanky. Also, PWI is irrelevant. This is mainly a PvP based server, not PvE. Second of all, MG's can kite. Not only do you have a knock-back, but you can leap. Using this effectively like archers or other classes could save you from stuns or HF's in mass, and getting locked in a 1v1. Not only are Wizards considered the anti-bm class because they are able to keep out of their range and pound them down, but are in general the anti-physical class. High damage output with a good skill set with kiting ability. The reason psychics have many buffs to protect against melee attacks is because of their inability to kite and heavy weakness to melee classes in general. That's also why they get black/white voodo to help cap their weakness. Another thing, Wizards generally can get instant cast, making them higher outputs than a full magic psychic, and that +crit? Extra damage there. Making a MG not only TANKY, but able to kite now, AS WELL AS A HEAL AND DO LARGE DMG? No thanks. I'll think I'll pass on that. It's not a matter of the gear, it's how you use what you have effectivitely. If your gonna give MGs more tanky armor, make sure you give every physical class more DPH. I'm sure that would break the server. But hey, everyone wants to nerf one thing and make something else more OP. I don't think your points are invalid, but you ignore the skill set a wizard has.
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline IHearYourVoice

• i'll protect you, i promise
  • Characters: Sin
Add defence,.. then ask to lower your damage.,
What the hell , you one shot LA then you assuming for more defence?..
Hahaha ,,. As they say learn to play your class."
Enough . You can leap to much , .. like a marathon player.

Vegas

What knock back? LOOOOOOOOOL it's PvE only skill bro, come on at least play the class for longer than a day before posting stupid comments on my threads

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
What knock back? LOOOOOOOOOL it's PvE only skill bro, come on at least play the class for longer than a day before posting stupid comments on my threads

*being edited*
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
The knock-back was a reference to the morai skill
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

Vegas

So you comment on the one mistake I made, but not the rest huh? Sorry, I think this whole thread is one bad suggestion.

Like MGs not being tanky on retail? I think we just have different definitions of tanky, 40k + def and purify spell with a 15% proc rate are pretty tanky to me

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
The knock-back was a reference to the morai skill

This is what I meant. Apparently I know more about the skills than she does  ???
Then again, I am a Blademaster. I try to know my anti-class as much as possible  ^-^

No, but in all seriousness for a second I wasn't sure if I got knock backed confused with mystic, but I guess not.
There is no need for this to turn into a flame war. This is rather a difference of opinions. Appreciate if you didn't call me and others points "stupid posts". Please make a good arguement in terms on the kiting and we can address it from there.
Last Edit: Sept 29, 2014, 04:49 am by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline AKB/AKM/_Shisui

• االله اعلم
  • Sean was here.
  • Characters: Gsp
  • Faction: Ruin
T
Add defence,.. then ask to lower your damage.,
What the hell , you one shot LA then you assuming for more defence?..
Hahaha ,,. As they say learn to play your class."
Enough . You can leap to much , .. like a marathon player.
Hes the best mage on the Server.
Stop fu.  Qin telling people to learn their class.
Like legit.I Bet u dont even play mage.Even if u do u dont match teru.
Know ur place :normal-43: :normal-18:

Vegas

This is what I meant. Apparently I know more about the skills than she does  ???
Then again, I am a Blademaster. I try to know my anti-class as much as possible  ^-^

For a second I wasn't sure if I got knock backed confused with mystic, but I guess not.

LOL?

So you comment on the one mistake I made

Yes you seem to know a lot
If you mean the morai skill arcane def it's not even comparable to a knockback skill....