To all the artists

Offline Soleil

• it's been a while :)
  • happy holidays :)
  • Characters: TinyEG
  • Faction: Gemini
i still say my tip is better than everyones..... artists require control...>->

about this?:

find naked model, draw while having erection.

lol. control indeed :)
Il faut collectionner les pierres qu'on vous jette. C'est le début d'un piédestal.― Berlioz

Offline LeannLightkneen

• /-INK Artist-\
  • Words remind you of respect, violence teaches scum what respect really is.
  • Characters: LeannLTKneen
  • Faction: SoulAbyss
[shadow=gray,right]This is interesting, too. I was going to start drawing pictures for a custom profile picture and signature.  :monkey-1:
Aside from experience (I've been drawing since I was 4 and moved on to ink when I was 12  :-X ) some other things that may help is:

Starting out, I would highly recommend covering your paper with another sheet of paper so you do not smear the picture. This really sucks when this happens . . .
Also, keep a dry paint brush handy so you can brush away the eraser shavings, also without smearing the picture.

If you want to draw:
people or animals:

[shadow=gray,right]still life:

[shadow=gray,right]Anime:

[shadow=gray,right]If there is anything else I should add for helpful tips, please don't hesitate to ask me.  :monkey-1:

EDIT:
Last Edit: Sept 30, 2014, 05:31 pm by LeannLightkneen

My soul exhales cold in the
Name of the serpent that
Is bound to strike, and I,
Leann, who intends to grasp its tail, I
Lightkneen, who plots the bellicose bite of justice,
       shall make this storm my herald of vengeance!

Offline nuggerkj

• Characters: nuggerkj
  • Faction: DarkArms
Last Edit: Sept 30, 2014, 07:47 pm by nuggerkj

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
doodle lots

that's all I did : ))

doodle what you see around you

Offline Lonicera

• Professional Wifey
  • Veren's since 12/15/2011
  • Characters: Lonicera, Lonicare
  • Faction: Ducks
I'm sure it's been said but im not gonna fish through all the nice comments now. Just make sure that you use references. Event the most creative person and naturally talented artists need this. Our brains make up what it thinks something looks like when really it doesn't. Shadows/shading is especially made easier with references. :)

Signature line art by Fookiiko

Offline Soleil

• it's been a while :)
  • happy holidays :)
  • Characters: TinyEG
  • Faction: Gemini
Shadows/shading is especially made easier with references. :)

cross-hatching, for starters, as in my ref. drawing of earlier.
Il faut collectionner les pierres qu'on vous jette. C'est le début d'un piédestal.― Berlioz

Offline eon

• eager 2 learn new things
  • THINK - The Human Intelligence Nears Knowledge??
  • Characters: rishi
  • Faction: Ducks,ALTS
thanks for the thread and all the tips really made me feel nostalgic how i started with random pencil sketching of cartoons seen on our pencil boxes (around age 6) then starting taking coaching on basic shapes, edges, light/shadows, finally mood of the art..(till 20) made all the above mentioned mistakes of comparing, wanting to be best with every kind of art (pencil, crayon, water color, poster color, ink etc.,) getting overly stressed losing passion etc.,

The thing that let me come back to art was meditation while i was meditating i felt relaxed and i started seeing shadows while keeping my eyes closed in mild light room, then @ nights when i practiced 10 minutes of relaxation through breathing before sleeping my mind wandered with various thoughts, shapes, colors, fantasy environments, creatures, powers and it made me want to bring it on paper, canvas, digital formats in order to preserve what they looked @ first and how they may evolve with time in my own imagination..

hence my share of tips are:

basic knowledge is part of essential but personal passion is the key to enjoy your art.. find a motive for your art

what would you like to draw, how you see it (feel it)

once you figure this out you'll have your unique personal representation of arts

walt disney is my personal inspiration for they were the first ones (as per my present knowledge, never bothered to google and confirm for i'm not ready yet to break my inspiration and got a lot left to learn from their artworks) to think why not and made animals talk,walk, gave persona to many living/non living things and not stick with common rules of only humans can talk, dance, etc.,
Last Edit: Oct 02, 2014, 06:01 am by eon

Signature Credits: http://lonicera-mancer.deviantart.com/
Self Freedom applies only when it doesn't affects the Freedom of another person who follows this quote
happy gaming, have a nice time both in game and in real life :)

PS: Like Insanity's ornaments of magic dmg red/def lvls

http://www.ducks.shivtr.com/
http://alts.shivtr.com/