Epic Perfect World

Fire those spells!

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
Another skill for the genie worth getting is tangling mire. If you combine tangling with earthblaze, you can reduce 35% fire def, and assume your genie has 100 dex, 20% fire def. Casting pyro edge to targets that were hit with both these AOE defense reductions after using a level 2 or 3 fury burst, results in a group of dead enemies (assuming you were not interupted).

MageTank
Mire reduces pdef with 35%, not fire def
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline shadowvzs

• Old Player
The skills i speak of with the genie is Mantle Ripple of Death, which drains all enemies within a 15 meter radius by 20 constantly. It lasts for 60 seconds. Its only usable on the ground too. The other skill is Mantle Ripple of Rage, which increases the chi you and your allies gain by 3, each time they are attacked, within a 15 meter radius. Again, its only usable on the ground. Another VERY VERY valuable skill is earthblaze. It reduces the fire defense of every target within 12 meters by 10%, for 15 seconds, every 10 dex points increases fire def reduction by 1%. My genie had 100 dex, meaning i reduced 20% fire def within 12 meters, for 15 secs. This debuff stacks with all magic def debuffs, and even undine AND spark. Mages, warriors that uses the fire imbue skill, or archers that use the fire buff passive, will also benefit from the reduction of fire defense. My preferred tactic was to use AOE chi reduction, cast ice prison, then earthblaze, then cast emberstorm (as a heavy mage). When my emberstorm finished, ice prisons 30% amp would proc right b4 its detonation, allowing me to deal damage to a target with 20% fire def reduced, and 30% amp on them. Most people within that radius would die.

Another skill for the genie worth getting is tangling mire. If you combine tangling with earthblaze, you can reduce 35% fire def, and assume your genie has 100 dex, 20% fire def. Casting pyro edge to targets that were hit with both these AOE defense reductions after using a level 2 or 3 fury burst, results in a group of dead enemies (assuming you were not interupted).

All of these cases work better than using spark on a single target, as you can kill more enemies without having to wait for your genie to recharge to spark again. It also benefits your teammates more (chi reduction aoe, chi healing aoe, pdef reduce aoe, fire def reduce aoe) and using any of these 4 will benefit your team. AOE seal works best when sins/warriors gank targets, allowing you to stop multiple enemies at once. And the chi you can save from ulti's and gain from the holy fairy skill, and blazing, allows you to use your dooms and ice prison more often, allowing you to effectively engage multiple targets. Even if your not killing, ticking enemy heiros will instill them with fear, and even allow teammates to finish anyone that was touched by your massive AOE's.

So again... Demon mage = best solo "nuker"
Holy mage = best support/multi target "nuker"

MageTank

Mantle Ripple of Death - i dont see any point why usefull this for a range class, mostly coz of slow chi draining u die faster from aps than u can get a good advantage and also mainly wizz targeted by archers. (also i guess this decrease 20 chi in that 60 second what is damn low, else i dont understand why not was in description the periodical word)

Mantle Ripple of Rage - only barbs can use this skills........ (their chi skill better anyway)

Earthblaze - its right, aoe but with 100 dex still only -20% fire def reduction, pretty low, nearly totally useless if target mdef buffed and cost more than spark/e.p./tanglire mire/ and only with 5 less than frenzy what increase ur att lv by 20, that maybe more valueable and work with all aoe........

archer fire damage is pretty low because equipment damage based and not base damage... -20% firedef reduction if u are archer kinda not noticeable, for bm maybe a bit more but example sage bm also got aoe with firedef reduction what is 30%...

if u use tanglire mire u need stat to str on genie what kinda not profitable to wizz genie skills like spark/e.p. etc
i love the theory about deadly pyro tempest but in game i really doubt work on non lv110 targets, spark boost better the damage than alot tanglire+etherblaze  :D

AOE seal works best when sins/warriors gank targets, allowing you to stop multiple enemies at once

what is rare when u aren't aimed cant save somebody for few sec from ugly melees :D

150 Demon Assassin
150 Sage Wizzard
150 Sage Barbarian
149 Demon Archer
148 Sage Seeker
14x Demon Barbarian
148 Sage Cleric
14x Sage Blademaster
146 Sage Barbarian
145 Sage Assassin
and other lower level sage mystic/psy/archer :D

Offline MageTank

@hot: my brain outran my mind, as i ment 35% pdef.

@shadow: theres many ppl that gank within a 3 meter radius.. its not rare at all. Anytime a WB is being hit in TW, i guarentee more than 3 ppl are around him, within a 3 meter radius. In mass pk, there will be multiple sins/warriors and such ganking players, which makes multi seal better. This happens every single day, multiple times for me. Perhaps your just on the side with more allies, rather than the side facing more enemies xD

Also, the aoe fire defense debuff is not useless, nor uneffective, as it hits ALL targets within 15 meters, whereas spark only hits one. Spark also has a 40 second cooldown. Would you rather kill 1 target fast within 40 seconds, or multiple targets fast, every 10 seconds? Earthblaze only requires 8 more energy than spark too, making it far more effective and seeing as it stacks with multiple defense debuffs, spark included, makes it better for holy mages. Since holy mages cant cast as fast as demons, they wony get as many skills off during sparks very small window of time. This means that earthblaze is the superior skill, as it lasts over 3x longer than spark, hits multiple targets, has smaller cooldown, and hits more targets.

Tangling doesnt need str to be effective. 35% pdef reduction is damn good by itself, and when combined with 20% fire defense reduction (they both AOE btw) can result in multiple targets dying. Did i also mention you can cast ice prison b4 casting pyro edge, and if your timing is good, you can make pyro hit right when the 30% amp procs, resulting in overkill.

Your right about the rage genie skill... i also play holy wb for TW, so i assumed it worked for all classes, which it does not. The chi reduction skill is not bad, as i think it reduces 20 chi every 20 seconds, if i remember testing it correctly. Its not alot, but you never know... could be enough to prevent someone from casting fury xD

MageTank

Offline Delirium

I understand what you mean MageTank, but it all seems like s gimmick and an easy shut down. May have to go on my sage in PK, I'll be honest since transferring to these 1.4.X servers I haven't tried a sage wiz in PK, only in TW.

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
This is EPW, leveling is easy, make one of each & see which you like best! :D

Offline shadowvzs

• Old Player
@hot: my brain outran my mind, as i ment 35% pdef.

@shadow: theres many ppl that gank within a 3 meter radius.. its not rare at all. Anytime a WB is being hit in TW, i guarentee more than 3 ppl are around him, within a 3 meter radius. In mass pk, there will be multiple sins/warriors and such ganking players, which makes multi seal better. This happens every single day, multiple times for me. Perhaps your just on the side with more allies, rather than the side facing more enemies xD

Also, the aoe fire defense debuff is not useless, nor uneffective, as it hits ALL targets within 15 meters, whereas spark only hits one. Spark also has a 40 second cooldown. Would you rather kill 1 target fast within 40 seconds, or multiple targets fast, every 10 seconds? Earthblaze only requires 8 more energy than spark too, making it far more effective and seeing as it stacks with multiple defense debuffs, spark included, makes it better for holy mages. Since holy mages cant cast as fast as demons, they wony get as many skills off during sparks very small window of time. This means that earthblaze is the superior skill, as it lasts over 3x longer than spark, hits multiple targets, has smaller cooldown, and hits more targets.

Tangling doesnt need str to be effective. 35% pdef reduction is damn good by itself, and when combined with 20% fire defense reduction (they both AOE btw) can result in multiple targets dying. Did i also mention you can cast ice prison b4 casting pyro edge, and if your timing is good, you can make pyro hit right when the 30% amp procs, resulting in overkill.

Your right about the rage genie skill... i also play holy wb for TW, so i assumed it worked for all classes, which it does not. The chi reduction skill is not bad, as i think it reduces 20 chi every 20 seconds, if i remember testing it correctly. Its not alot, but you never know... could be enough to prevent someone from casting fury xD

MageTank

i understand what u mean, but for this tricks u cant stay behind so like in ur case the heavy armor more viable (because even u get a purge still u aren't die in few sec) but the common build is the arcane, and i said in normal case.

about defence reduction:

lets say u decrease 35% from 20k pdef (lets say this is 82%) so will be14k pdef if target not bm/cleric buffed or beast class in true form (so i guess around 75% reduction after tanglire because reduction is exp and not linear) the fire debuff nearly half and maybe its decrease the dmg reduction maybe with 2-3% if target not cleric buffed, its usefull for u but for archer/bm less usefull coz there fire dmg not even comparable with ur pure fire dmg
150 Demon Assassin
150 Sage Wizzard
150 Sage Barbarian
149 Demon Archer
148 Sage Seeker
14x Demon Barbarian
148 Sage Cleric
14x Sage Blademaster
146 Sage Barbarian
145 Sage Assassin

Offline Delirium

I suppose your correct... I was able to ignore the defensive genie skills due to dragon armor's insane refine/defense. My base crit was 34% in that heavy set (44k hp self buffed, over 50k with wb buffs) and i ignored using BIDS entirely, just sticking to ice prison/mountpress/emberstorm as a way to keep everyone from moving, amp, and such. After applying an aoe stun, 30% aoe amp, 20% reduction of fire def and using an anti stun pill, most everything around me would drop. I would assume a mage wearing robes would need to remain unseen while setting up an aoe defense reduction/pyro edge combo...

The aoe fire debuff really did help the team though. Many from my team would use fire pills/buffs to boost their fire defense, as every single mage in our guild had spark, and whored it around lol. The wb's would have 50% wood passive, 50% water buff from mages, and fire pill, which is 200% fire imbue. Demon archers would use their demon blazing arrow (50% base fire dmg, + 70% for 20 seconds= 130% fire dmg total) and our holy archers would use their buff for 60% base fire dmg, and a fire pill, resulting in 260% fire damage. Our warriors never really used drakes bash, as it took too much chi for it to be effective, so they always stuck with wood pill + mage buff, so i assume reducing fire defense wont help warriors unless they think the 2 sparks is worth the 130% fire damage.

Still... Dedicating one mage to cast supportive aoe debuffs, and spamming aoes will do much more harm than using spark on just one target. The cooldowns of the aoe debuffs are much faster, allowing multiple targets to be killed faster, rather than one.

The problem would be finding a mage crazy enough to sacrifice the chance to use defense skills in order to support the team xD

MageTank

If you have a good team you will protect eachother, especially if you have an EP. I find in mass PK that I can run less of my defensive genie abilities, though Fortify and BoC is almost always a must for me. Thinking about overhauling my play style, I always play defensively and burst at opertune moments but something different would be nice.

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline shadowvzs

• Old Player
The aoe fire debuff really did help the team though. Many from my team would use fire pills/buffs to boost their fire defense, as every single mage in our guild had spark, and whored it around lol. The wb's would have 50% wood passive, 50% water buff from mages, and fire pill, which is 200% fire imbue. Demon archers would use their demon blazing arrow (50% base fire dmg, + 70% for 20 seconds= 130% fire dmg total) and our holy archers would use their buff for 60% base fire dmg, and a fire pill, resulting in 260% fire damage.

barb not really dd'er in tw and if they dding then they are slow, about useing their fearfull ulti, idk if applied to that the pills/mattack buffs and even if applied pretty low compared with arma dmg.

archer the next:
if sage then 60% fire dmg, what is around 3k with each hit before pvp reduction and fire def reduction, so could be around 3k/4/4 (if target got ~75% fire def reduction after ur debuff what is often true).

so in best case if somebody use firepill but else its maybe increase with 300 dmg each normal hit (mostly usefull for dps class, bm/sin)
150 Demon Assassin
150 Sage Wizzard
150 Sage Barbarian
149 Demon Archer
148 Sage Seeker
14x Demon Barbarian
148 Sage Cleric
14x Sage Blademaster
146 Sage Barbarian
145 Sage Assassin

Offline PandaBear

I suppose your correct... I was able to ignore the defensive genie skills due to dragon armor's insane refine/defense. My base crit was 34% in that heavy set (44k hp self buffed, over 50k with wb buffs) and i ignored using BIDS entirely, just sticking to ice prison/mountpress/emberstorm as a way to keep everyone from moving, amp, and such. After applying an aoe stun, 30% aoe amp, 20% reduction of fire def and using an anti stun pill, most everything around me would drop. I would assume a mage wearing robes would need to remain unseen while setting up an aoe defense reduction/pyro edge combo...

The aoe fire debuff really did help the team though. Many from my team would use fire pills/buffs to boost their fire defense, as every single mage in our guild had spark, and whored it around lol. The wb's would have 50% wood passive, 50% water buff from mages, and fire pill, which is 200% fire imbue. Demon archers would use their demon blazing arrow (50% base fire dmg, + 70% for 20 seconds= 130% fire dmg total) and our holy archers would use their buff for 60% base fire dmg, and a fire pill, resulting in 260% fire damage. Our warriors never really used drakes bash, as it took too much chi for it to be effective, so they always stuck with wood pill + mage buff, so i assume reducing fire defense wont help warriors unless they think the 2 sparks is worth the 130% fire damage.

Still... Dedicating one mage to cast supportive aoe debuffs, and spamming aoes will do much more harm than using spark on just one target. The cooldowns of the aoe debuffs are much faster, allowing multiple targets to be killed faster, rather than one.

The problem would be finding a mage crazy enough to sacrifice the chance to use defense skills in order to support the team xD

MageTank

hey bud