Epic Perfect World

Lagg, Ping, Country.

Offline Jessii

• Beginner
Hello. my name is Jessica!
 To be honest i enjoy Epic PW a lot and it has been really dissapointing for me not being able to play it since when i am on the game i lagg, and all the game in general works badly. What i am not sure is the reason of the lagg... I mean is it because of the graphics? I have lowered them up to the minimum and on other servers i don t have the same problem... Is it because of the host distance? I am from Argentina, and that is pretty far away from most of the countries, specially the host country. My question is.. Which could be the reason? Because i am not sure if i have to buy a new computer... a new graphic card ( which i already did), better internet (mine is ok..) or i just won t be able to play since i am from Argentina...

Thanks a lot!!

Jessica!

Offline Miami xD

• Characters: _Achilles
  • Faction: Artifex
Start a new life in Europe.

Offline Quequeg

• They seek him here, they seek him there, / Those F
Im not a techy, but most low spec pc will run epw easily as the game its self is well over 10 year old. You would actually be better running epw on an old good spec pc ie good Ram memory and mid ranged g card would be fine, so unlikely its your pc or your net.

You could ping your net connection and follow it across the world to see were it becomes slow.

The game its self has been much worse lag wise since the providers were changed, the 1st week or so was better  but since the trial period is over te lag etc has jumped up lots.

Most people you ask in game will say lag has been worse past 3 or so, except the troll dummys anyway.

At the end of the day  epw is based on a old game which designed before most of the tech for new pc was developed
that's most people used to play it.
Its also free to play so little need for owners to make sure its low lag etc, yes they do there best but as we are not paying monthly etc minimal service standards apply.
Im sure aga etc do as good a job as can to keep lag as low as can but I would guess working on a limited budget.

Yes lag is annoy but we don't pay anything to play so hard to moan really.

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran
play with 0 graphichs in-game (grab ''Overall'' bar to 0) and use simple models that will help you reduce lag a bit

Offline Jessii

• Beginner
I appreciate your answer and you are right in many aspects. However i still wanna know if its more related to the fact that i am from Argentina, since my pc is not working at it best right now, but its ok, and i said, i don t lagg on some other pw servers. And i also have my graphic overall on "0" so its not about graphics i suppouse. Expecting for more answers!

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran
I appreciate your answer and you are right in many aspects. However i still wanna know if its more related to the fact that i am from Argentina, since my pc is not working at it best right now, but its ok, and i said, i don t lagg on some other pw servers. Expecting for more answers!

i think lag its more related to pc than country ofc being far away from where the sever is located might give you lag spike s but pc its main prob

compare these requieremts to your pc performance

-   Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
-   Intel Pentium 4 1.5Ghz or AMD Athlon 1500+ or newer and faster CPU.
-   512MB or more of RAM (Vista & Windows 7 require 1GB or more, 2GB+ preferred).
-   3D video chipset with pixel & vertex shader model 1.3 supported. GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB or ATI Radeon 8500 64MB or newer for Windows XP. For Windows Vista & 7, a GeForce FX 5200 128MB or ATI Radeon 9500 128MB or newer is needed.
-   5GB of Hard Drive Space or more (14GB or more preferred).
-   DirectX 9.0c and the latest video drivers. DirectDraw must be enabled.
-   DirectX compatible sound chip or onboard audio capability with the latest sound drivers.
-   Broadband Internet connection required.

if you have much lower , weaker perrformance then the minimum required i suggest you get a better pc

Offline ₤ίɭ₮

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: *~Nazirema~*, Ethereality
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
It's been laggy as fk recently. Same connection as always, same pc, more delay. 3-5k ms in sz = ridiculous. Now imagine that with normal mass of 100+ total from all sides as of late

Swink

i think lag its more related to pc than country ofc being far away from where the sever is located might give you lag spike s but pc its main prob

compare these requieremts to your pc performance

-   Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
-   Intel Pentium 4 1.5Ghz or AMD Athlon 1500+ or newer and faster CPU.
-   512MB or more of RAM (Vista & Windows 7 require 1GB or more, 2GB+ preferred).
-   3D video chipset with pixel & vertex shader model 1.3 supported. GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB or ATI Radeon 8500 64MB or newer for Windows XP. For Windows Vista & 7, a GeForce FX 5200 128MB or ATI Radeon 9500 128MB or newer is needed.
-   5GB of Hard Drive Space or more (14GB or more preferred).
-   DirectX 9.0c and the latest video drivers. DirectDraw must be enabled.
-   DirectX compatible sound chip or onboard audio capability with the latest sound drivers.
-   Broadband Internet connection required.

if you have much lower , weaker perrformance then the minimum required i suggest you get a better pc

^^ this. A lot of ppl on this server play from far away countries. You can build a gaming PC easy.

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
it's easy to figure if its pc lag or internet lag, if your fps is low that's a pc lag n you must hmm idk, get decent one?
if the ping is higher than 600 then it's the internet's and im if both are high do as the first comment says xD

Muffy

It's been laggy as fk recently. Same connection as always, same pc, more delay. 3-5k ms in sz = ridiculous. Now imagine that with normal mass of 100+ total from all sides as of late

Try relogging into other servers.

Offline AKB/AKM/_Shisui

• االله اعلم
  • Sean was here.
  • Characters: Gsp
  • Faction: Ruin
Get CCleaner its cleans ur pc.its trusted by 1 billion+ i think its good.took off 28 gb of junk on friends laptop

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
Get CCleaner its cleans ur pc.its trusted by 1 billion+ i think its good.took off 28 gb of junk on friends laptop
once it took half of my game files I wouldn't recommend it xD

Offline Meow85

• Old Player
Im not a techy, but most low spec pc will run epw easily as the game its self is well over 10 year old. You would actually be better running epw on an old good spec pc ie good Ram memory and mid ranged g card would be fine, so unlikely its your pc or your net.

You could ping your net connection and follow it across the world to see were it becomes slow.

The game its self has been much worse lag wise since the providers were changed, the 1st week or so was better  but since the trial period is over te lag etc has jumped up lots.

Most people you ask in game will say lag has been worse past 3 or so, except the troll dummys anyway.

At the end of the day  epw is based on a old game which designed before most of the tech for new pc was developed
that's most people used to play it.
Its also free to play so little need for owners to make sure its low lag etc, yes they do there best but as we are not paying monthly etc minimal service standards apply.
Im sure aga etc do as good a job as can to keep lag as low as can but I would guess working on a limited budget.

Yes lag is annoy but we don't pay anything to play so hard to moan really.
low spec pc's will have extreme trouble running this shitty game on this shitty engine.

jakho

low spec pc's will have extreme trouble running this ****ty game on this ****ty engine.
****ty dutch

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
Hello. my name is Jessica!
 To be honest i enjoy Epic PW a lot and it has been really dissapointing for me not being able to play it since when i am on the game i lagg, and all the game in general works badly. What i am not sure is the reason of the lagg... I mean is it because of the graphics? I have lowered them up to the minimum and on other servers i don t have the same problem... Is it because of the host distance? I am from Argentina, and that is pretty far away from most of the countries, specially the host country. My question is.. Which could be the reason? Because i am not sure if i have to buy a new computer... a new graphic card ( which i already did), better internet (mine is ok..) or i just won t be able to play since i am from Argentina...

Thanks a lot!!

Jessica!

if you talk about ping and delay of skills i'm from argentina and i don't have any problem with "lag" Maybe is the comprany that makes you lag idk.   Now.. if you are talking about graphic lag is about your pc and the graphics maybe + this game suck with his engine that makes ppl with nasa pc get graphic lag so meh put all in minimum if is that then .-.