Epic Perfect World

New Race.

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
Im sure once we are able, we will get the new races, and to me they look as interesting as did the  Tideborns when they arrived, and the Earthguards as well. The timeframe is about the same in regard to the release of new races and usually they come in pairs. I for one am also  looking forward to the new content coming, and if you want to record and post more info, that would be cool as well. Sort of like waiting for new model year for cars I LOVE EETTT !! keeps things fresh
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline Toshiro

• Geekasaurus
  • IF you dont like me, piss off.
  • Characters: Griffith
It would be nice if you could review the engine update as well or record smoothly ty.

Just looking at the new classes and their skills will let you see the new engine update. Its rather smooth. AND, considering, I am running a good i7 and 8gb ram I think my video will be plenty smooth. So, Don't worry folks. Itll be just fine. Im going to work on them in a few hours. Itll probably take me a cpl days to get them recorded, edited, and uploaded. When I do, I will create a new thread in the media section of Forum. If there are those that don't want to see them, then I suggest that you just dont look at the vids. XD

Also, I will tolerate no flaming, QQing, or post spamming in that thread. If those things occur, I WILL have the thread locked. so, keep that in mind folks.

Offline Nyub

• Old Player
  • Goodbye, Lady Luck
  • Faction: Ki Leader
This thread might help you out a bit:

http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/perfect-world-2-announced-for-china/

I've found some updates here:
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21869831

Just in case you people didnt take the time to check out the links Tonika provided, Here's a said playtest video on the new races.
And hey Toonsurfer, Nigoshi Here. Lel
Last Edit: Sept 23, 2014, 08:36 pm by 水Nigoshi, Reason: unwanted capitals
Retired Player
Training for #ESL #BlackSquad #NemesisGaming

bvanharjr

There IS no new engine. Unless the CN devs confirm that themselves, it's the same engine as PW1.

Offline Toshiro

• Geekasaurus
Actually, IF you take the time to translate the wanmei sites, you can see where the devs and company both said that they are using the new engine with this update. They said their reasoning behind this was because of the new classes skills. The old engine cant handle the animations with the new skills. Atleast thats what they said. Also,

Just in case you people didnt take the time to check out the links Tonika provided, Here's a said playtest video on the new races.
And hey Toonsurfer, Nigoshi Here. Lel

Nigoshi, I realize that there are already some vids online about the new classes. I am simply offering to make some that I can post in our media section. That way, people wont have to search very hard to find decent vids on BOTH classes. My wife has played the phy class and I have played the magic one. I like them both so far. ANyways, like I said, I know there are already vidoes out there. BUT do you not think that some people that aren't very good at searching, or maybe are just too lazy, might want vids on here from someone that is a member of Epic, that way they dont have to search for them? Im just trying to be nice here. but if people like you are going to QQ about it, then why should I try to be nice? Also, that vid only has the night shadow class in it. It does not have the moon fairy class. IJS. How bout I put it this was. IF you don't want to see my videos that I am going to post, then don't look at the thread. Simple as that.

Offline Nyub

• Old Player
  • Goodbye, Lady Luck
  • Faction: Ki Leader
Actually, IF you take the time to translate the wanmei sites, you can see where the devs and company both said that they are using the new engine with this update. They said their reasoning behind this was because of the new classes skills. The old engine cant handle the animations with the new skills. Atleast thats what they said. Also,

Nigoshi, I realize that there are already some vids online about the new classes. I am simply offering to make some that I can post in our media section. That way, people wont have to search very hard to find decent vids on BOTH classes. My wife has played the phy class and I have played the magic one. I like them both so far. ANyways, like I said, I know there are already vidoes out there. BUT do you not think that some people that aren't very good at searching, or maybe are just too lazy, might want vids on here from someone that is a member of Epic, that way they dont have to search for them? Im just trying to be nice here. but if people like you are going to QQ about it, then why should I try to be nice? Also, that vid only has the night shadow class in it. It does not have the moon fairy class. IJS. How bout I put it this was. IF you don't want to see my videos that I am going to post, then don't look at the thread. Simple as that.

First off, try to refrain yourself from spewing out nonsense in regards to said comment. From the looks of it, i simply shared a video in which one of the classes was previewed, to help out in regards to the people that didnt bother checking out the links provided already. As for the QQ? Don't make me laugh lad. In regards to you making the videos for said purpose, I couldn't agree more. I'd do the same. I'll be looking forward to checking em out meself. And sorry if we got off on the wrong foot haha.
Retired Player
Training for #ESL #BlackSquad #NemesisGaming

Offline Toshiro

• Geekasaurus
I apologize if I came off as an ass. But yeah, I know there are some folks that have posted alot of videos on the new classes. I just wanted to be nice is all. Plus, Ive seen alot of videos on the Night Shadow class, but only few on the Moon Fairy class. So, Ill probably make one of that class first. Anyways, Again, I apologize for some of my last comments.  ;)

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I have logged on the CN test server on the first day and I can say without shadow of a doubt that the new engine "Shadowlands III" was an insolent lie, which doesn't even surprise me; the game clearly runs on the same engine.

Muffy

I have logged on the CN test server on the first day and I can say without shadow of a doubt that the new engine "Shadowlands III" was an insolent lie, which doesn't even surprise me; the game clearly runs on the same engine.

Such a disappointment, that's all i've been looking forward to. Oh well.

Swink

Can't wait for the new race, am excited  :normal-25: probably will be broken anywayz

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸

Agreed. I'm lvl 16 on there now and still seems like the same engine so they're liars. :/
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline Toshiro

• Geekasaurus
Yes, but that was also considered a beta test. They updated yesterday and I know that they have updated char creation for the new ones, but Im not sure if the updated engine files or not. Will let yall know if it has canged at all later.

Update: no new anything as far as engine goes.
Last Edit: Sept 25, 2014, 01:05 am by Toshiro, Reason: Update.

bvanharjr

Yes, but that was also considered a beta test. They updated yesterday and I know that they have updated char creation for the new ones, but Im not sure if the updated engine files or not. Will let yall know if it has canged at all later.

It is not. They would [most likely] have to wipe ALL the global characters off ALL servers to implement a new game engine.

Unless something was changed in the clientDB so that the new engine could use the old databases.

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
It is not. They would [most likely] have to wipe ALL the global characters off ALL servers to implement a new game engine.

Unless something was changed in the clientDB so that the new engine could use the old databases.

wrong. You can change the game engine and keep the files how do you belive that old games like wow and l2 that changed their game engines are still alive ? is called back up of files. But perfect world is jut very low iq to do it.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
My husband tried out the new magic class...

He said that they are broken as HELL (he actually used the F bomb, but that's censored here now...>.>).  Which I believe because assassins. :P

But it'll be a very long time before they come here, if at all.  It's up to Aga if he wants to try and balance that monstrosity that is moving while casting and a telestun that puts Shadow Teleport to shame.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)