Epic Perfect World

Forum Improvements

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
I still don't see how this is necessary when poll already exists

EDIT: and if someone dislikes or likes something, typically they explain why.  Why not just do so in a post lol
Last Edit: Sept 21, 2014, 03:17 am by Roomi

Offline eon

• eager 2 learn new things
  • THINK - The Human Intelligence Nears Knowledge??
  • Characters: rishi
  • Faction: Ducks,ALTS
+1

this could improve community greatly if properly implemented..

Agree with this. It -has- happened on other servers. The limits some people will go to is ******ed. ~.~

if multiple dislikes generate from same IP devs can sure punish them (just suggesting)..of course people who wants to break rules will find ways to do it with proxy etc.,

but still just like safety lock (doesn't prevents breaking 100% but makes it more harder)

I still don't see how this is necessary when poll already exists

as for polls.. how many polls have we seen on forum off late even for suggestions etc., when was the last pole even created on forum ?

Signature Credits: http://lonicera-mancer.deviantart.com/
Self Freedom applies only when it doesn't affects the Freedom of another person who follows this quote
happy gaming, have a nice time both in game and in real life :)

PS: Like Insanity's ornaments of magic dmg red/def lvls

http://www.ducks.shivtr.com/
http://alts.shivtr.com/

Offline Rumi

• x x x
as for polls.. how many polls have we seen on forum off late even for suggestions etc., when was the last pole even created on forum ?

doesn't mean it's unavailable and therefore we should just make a whole new thing

people can decide whether or not they want the poll if they care/don't care about the post spam with "+1" or "-1"

and sometimes, maybe they don't want others' opinion at all  :-\

also there was a very recent poll made by melody  :police:

EDIT: also, if the poll is used so little, who's to say the very same thing won't happen to this option...

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
Agree with this. It -has- happened on other servers. The limits some people will go to is ******ed. ~.~

1st I'm suggesting an Improvement for the forum and not the server
2nd Are moderators sleeping? I mean it's their duty to keep the forum clean
3rd Dislike button is just an option, it's not a MUST to add it because if someone dislike a post he will have to reply with his thoughts or else why would he disagree/dislike it ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline eon

• eager 2 learn new things
  • THINK - The Human Intelligence Nears Knowledge??
  • Characters: rishi
  • Faction: Ducks,ALTS
doesn't mean it's unavailable and therefore we should just make a whole new thing

people can decide whether or not they want the poll if they care/don't care about the post spam with "+1" or "-1"

and sometimes, maybe they don't want others' opinion at all  :-\

also there was a very recent poll made by melody  :police:

EDIT: also, if the poll is used so little, who's to say the very same thing won't happen to this option...

last reply don't want to start disagreement drama, was just sharing my personal opinions earlier and now below

the like/dislike is better than polls.. if abused IP owner can be punished on forum (provided they forget to hide their tracks)

+1/-1 is mostly used for post farm these days..

as long as lock function not made available for players people will share their opinions with replies.. so why not make it in a more efficient way ?

sorry but I was asking for a player made pole not 1 made by GM..

once again apologies for not agreeing with your opinion

happy gaming have a nice day :)

Signature Credits: http://lonicera-mancer.deviantart.com/
Self Freedom applies only when it doesn't affects the Freedom of another person who follows this quote
happy gaming, have a nice time both in game and in real life :)

PS: Like Insanity's ornaments of magic dmg red/def lvls

http://www.ducks.shivtr.com/
http://alts.shivtr.com/

Offline Rumi

• x x x
last reply don't want to start disagreement drama, was just sharing my personal opinions earlier and now below

the like/dislike is better than polls.. if abused IP owner can be punished on forum (provided they forget to hide their tracks)

+1/-1 is mostly used for post farm these days..

as long as lock function not made available for players people will share their opinions with replies.. so why not make it in a more efficient way ?

sorry but I was asking for a player made pole not 1 made by GM..

once again apologies for not agreeing with your opinion

happy gaming have a nice day :)

who says this has to be drama wtf.......

it's providing unnecessary extra work for moderators

if the +1/-1 is not used seriously, I doubt this will be as well

having the like/dislike button isn't necessarily more efficient than a poll, if anything, a poll gives more options than a like/dislike button

you didn't really specify, so I thought of one off the top of my head.  there's a poll in general discussion right now about mystic vs. dph bm

and you don't have to apologize for having your own opinion, I'm not entirely sure how me presenting an argument against this = drama.  I assumed that's what having the thread was for, to discuss why or why not.

I don't see what having a like/dislike will do what a poll can't.  But I guess if agatio and moderators are ok with having to make it and then watch it constantly for the abuse you keep mentioning, then it's up to them lol

Muffy

who says this has to be drama wtf.......

it's providing unnecessary extra work for moderators

if the +1/-1 is not used seriously, I doubt this will be as well

having the like/dislike button isn't necessarily more efficient than a poll, if anything, a poll gives more options than a like/dislike button

you didn't really specify, so I thought of one off the top of my head.  there's a poll in general discussion right now about mystic vs. dph bm

and you don't have to apologize for having your own opinion, I'm not entirely sure how me presenting an argument against this = drama.  I assumed that's what having the thread was for, to discuss why or why not.

I don't see what having a like/dislike will do what a poll can't.  But I guess if agatio and moderators are ok with having to make it and then watch it constantly for the abuse you keep mentioning, then it's up to them lol

-1        ...

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
-1 will damage my post farm

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I don't like this suggestion; people would smite each other in every topic or applaud, depending on the side, guild, it's unnecessary.

Offline Striker

• Banned
  • App/Web Developer
  • Characters: BAHA
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
I don't like this suggestion; people would smite each other in every topic or applaud, depending on the side, guild, it's unnecessary.

Close the Topic then

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
I wonder how many -1s you'd have by now :police:

I also wonder how many -1s I'd get daily

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline USS Iowa

• We've been on top
  • I have returned.
  • Characters: Wastedump/MajorLeague

WasteDump / MajorLeague(Greatest) / Frozenterror / UrbanLegend / USSMissiouri / USSArizona / Maravich / WorldPeace / Caesar

"Heroes are remembered. Legends never die."

Offline Kofte

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Kofte & Barz
  • Faction: Tyrants
farm post count before close  :police:

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran
i thunk i dunt cure but i cure i dunt thunk cuz u dunt care u thunk u care

Angelica

-
If you dislike something you should give some reasons for it in a post and not push a button randomly. Would be abused by different guilds/people disliking each other anyway.