Yes
No
Don't care
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Changes to Mr & Miss EpicPW Event

Offline Naosu

• Boop
I'd round it ofc
E.g 23/10 = 2.3 = rounds down to 2, meaning 4 winners out of 23 for men (1 winner, 1 1st class, 2 2nd class). Roughly 1 in 6 get a prize.
57/10 = 5.7 = rounds up to 6, meaning 8 winners out of 57 for women (1 winner, 1 1st class, 6 2nd class). Roughly 1 in 7 get a prize.

I think those numbers are fairly reasonable.
Or I could always round up or always round down, if you'd prefer.

Was just curious how the rounding would work. =3 I've seen some people try to justify some pretty stupid things by rounding numbers wrong.  -.- Just makes me nervous. =P Sounds awesome. <3
What am I even doing?

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
I read about that "editing should be minimal" but some of the runners up screenshots were more than heavily edited :normal-2:

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Devil Trigger

• Haters gonna hate
  • Lack motivation to care
  • Characters: DevilTrigger, Ghoul
  • Faction: Salvation
I read about that "editing should be minimal" but some of the runners up screenshots were more than heavily edited :normal-2:
First time this event happened said not looking for your photoshop skills or w/e and I didn't do any then looked at runner ups and the winner edited photos like boom just not even going to do it now

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
First time this event happened said not looking for your photoshop skills or w/e and I didn't do any then looked at runner ups and the winner edited photos like boom just not even going to do it now

Ikr?  :normal-3:

Signature by Lonicera
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I apologise that you felt that way.
But this is why I'm attempting to change it.
I guess we all have different definitions of editing.
But personally, while I said I wasnt looking for your photoshop skills, I still allowed editing for a reason. To me, it shows that someone is taking pride in their creative work and taking the time and effort to make some beautiful shots. If you aren't able to make a little effort with your entry, then that's not really what I am looking for. Im after thoughtful answers and well presented shots.
Remember that this isnt just a screenshot event, it's a beauty pageant. Therefore a basic effort doesn't quite cut it.
However I do realise my lapses in judgment and am attempting to rectify them to make it fair, which is why I made these changes and ran them by you before the  next event.
Hopefully you aren't disappointed with it in future. We are only human and cant please everyone.
This is still a pretty new event and something I've never hosted before. It was and still is in trialling stages so I am still trying to iron out rules, guidelines, prizes etc. 
However I cant know of problems or concerns if no one tells me. In 3 months, I have only received 2 PMs, which is what some of these changes are in response to. So please PM with any concerns. I run this for you guys.
Last Edit: Sept 19, 2014, 03:01 pm by Melody⋆

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
I apologise that you felt that way.
But this is why I'm attempting to change it.
I guess we all have different definitions of editing.
But personally, while I said I wasnt looking for your photoshop skills, I still allowed editing for a reason. To me, it shows that someone is taking pride in their creative work and taking the time and effort to make some beautiful shots. If you aren't able to make a little effort with your entry, then that's not really what I am looking for. Im after thoughtful answers and well presented shots.
You guys are missing the point that this isnt just a screenshot event, it's a beauty pageant. Therefore a basic effort doesn't quite cut it.
However I do realise my lapses in judgment and am attempting to rectify them to make it fair, which is why I made these changes and ran them by you before the  next event.
Hopefully you aren't disappointed with it in future. We are only human and cant please everyone.

umm ok. And since we're discussing event stuff

Are we allowed to post previously posted screenshots? Not from previous events. Just posted in one of our screenshot galleries

Signature by Lonicera
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
That's why I didn't bother second time. That and the fact that themes didn't really change, made it no challenge
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Storm❤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
this does seem pretty fair :) especially when you put 2 hours alone just getting the right photos (thats what it took me last time XD prolly not going to be so through this time) im only good for a few photo edits like sharpen ect. and others are the same where as u get someone who is fabulous :D cant wait for the next event :)
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
the change is good.

Angelica

Yeah some winners didn't even have their full bodies in the screenshots yet they won with heavily photoshopped pictures. Pretty weird.

Offline Devil Trigger

• Haters gonna hate
  • Lack motivation to care
  • Characters: DevilTrigger, Ghoul
  • Faction: Salvation
Those photo edits on previous winners took like 5 minutes

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
I want to know what you consider to be heavily edited and reasonably edited. Like could you give us a few examples? I would like to know what exactly will be allowed and what will not be allowed. My idea of a photo that is heavily edited might be very different than what your idea is.

The first time I used hardly any edits. Then I saw that the winners had used quiet a few edits on theirs, so naturally I followed their styles.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Indulgence

I want to know what you consider to be heavily edited and reasonably edited. Like could you give us a few examples? I would like to know what exactly will be allowed and what will not be allowed. My idea of a photo that is heavily edited might be very different than what your idea is.

The first time I used hardly any edits. Then I saw that the winners had used quiet a few edits on theirs, so naturally I followed their styles.

Hi, past winner here.
I never went crazy when it came to heavily editing. I would just sharpen up the image a bit, use one, subtle filter, and then use a boarder. I find piling on filters ruins the images. If you take your screen shots on max settings and not use the soften setting (which I'm not very fond of tbh) this game is actually really pretty on it's own and doesn't need to have filters piled on. Mostly only a bit of the sharpened effect.

As for having entries not having the full body showing, I never saw a problem with it. I always thought angle and scenery/implementing the theme were the main key.
Last Edit: Sept 20, 2014, 05:21 am by Trinket

Offline Medea

• Team J
  • Mana was here ♥♥♥
Those photo edits on previous winners took like 5 minutes.

This. :P

Imo Photoshop is overrated and I dont use it at all, coz at first, I dont even have it, neither do I have experience with using it.
For editing my screenshots I am simply using Microsoft Office 2010. :D
You can only change brightness, contrast and the color saturation - thats it.

I gonna upload 3 of my pictures from previous event before editing with Microsoft Office and after editing, so you see the difference is really less.
Sometimes I think I shouldnt even have used it at all, coz for example on the freestyle picture the original pic looks kinda better. :-[

The first picture is always the edited one, the second picture the original/unedited version:

For me this contest is still kinda a fashion contest, then a contest for best background or editing in a picture.
So imo the fashion should come first and your toon/character should be the main thingy in the pic and nothing else.

I noticed in last month event that on alot of screenshots the toon was so small on the picture or was so far away, that you couldnt really see the fashion or the face or smth.
Ofc a matching and wonderful background or surrounding doesnt hurt, but imo the fashion and how you present it is the most important thing.

I wouldnt mind if editing is not allowed at all. :P

Ofc I wouldnt like the change that winners from last month are not allowed to participate, coz I love this event a lot. :D
So Melody need to find another event with taking screenshots which runs on the sideway, so I can participate there in the meantime. :P

All jokes aside, ty for hosting this event and I wish everyone a lot of fun and good luck with the upcoming contest. <3
♥♥♥ Thank you Mari for the beautiful art. ♥♥♥