Epic Perfect World

sog/sleep

Offline Δ

• I was here for a moment
  • And then I was gone| i died to ares + im noob
  • Characters: Alexypk
  • Faction: Epw_Team
Okay so as far as I can see opinions are different. And as far as I can somehow agree on limitting number of SoGs (sogs only, sleep - nope) but only in 2vs2 (in 3v3/4v4 and more - nope). We'll talk about it with gms/some players, for example about amount of SoGs - fights during 2v2 last usually for 6 mins so what amount of SoGs would be propet etc. I see no harm in hosting one 2vs2 soon with limited sogs already to check how it works. But I'm not saying that limited sogs will be a rule soon. First we'll try& get some opinions and if it works well - maybe we'll set that as a permanent rule. It will also depend on GMs usually hosting it - that's why we'll have to talk about it and find some agreement.
As far as I can see having EP in squad is an advantage, thats obvious - not only mentioned SoG but buffs/heals. It's easy for such team to temporary froze one player and then focus on second opponent making in 2vs1 + this team has buffs&heals. Especially it's hard when for example duo of wb and bm are fighting against ep+some other class, when ep can camp plume shell+vangourd+puri and is kinda untouchable. So yes, I get all (or at least most of) points of ppl who are +1 to this. And yes, ik its really hard to avoid SoG (good timing of buff+will surge). But still i have much mixed feelings about it. Mainly because a) It's EPs skill and we wouldnt like to interfere into skills' usage by limitting them (other matter are heals in duels). Soon we can have suggestions about limitting barb's new stun which is kinda unavoidable as well and so on.  B) by getting an EP to your squad in 2v2 - makes u having only 1dd since eps are mainly supporting (at least in events) so it has its' own pros and cons.
But as I earlier said - I can host soon 2vs2 with limitted SoGs and we'll talk about it with other GMs and players. It's not that bad idea imo.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
But even your friends admitted that ep is easy...

hahahaha and about that EP skill that roll your charm letting the same HP but your charm tick. If dis isnt easy, what is so?  :police:

Ok we all agree that EPs in pvp can remove one person with spamable locks, what means if its 3v3 will be 3v2, 2v2 will be 2v1, etc etc.

Nerf clerics fast.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
Okay so as far as I can see opinions are different. And as far as I can somehow agree on limitting number of SoGs (sogs only, sleep - nope) but only in 2vs2 (in 3v3/4v4 and more - nope). We'll talk about it with gms/some players, for example about amount of SoGs - fights during 2v2 last usually for 6 mins so what amount of SoGs would be propet etc. I see no harm in hosting one 2vs2 soon with limited sogs already to check how it works. But I'm not saying that limited sogs will be a rule soon. First we'll try& get some opinions and if it works well - maybe we'll set that as a permanent rule. It will also depend on GMs usually hosting it - that's why we'll have to talk about it and find some agreement.
As far as I can see having EP in squad is an advantage, thats obvious - not only mentioned SoG but buffs/heals. It's easy for such team to temporary froze one player and then focus on second opponent making in 2vs1 + this team has buffs&heals. Especially it's hard when for example duo of wb and bm are fighting against ep+some other class, when ep can camp plume shell+vangourd+puri and is kinda untouchable. So yes, I get all (or at least most of) points of ppl who are +1 to this. And yes, ik its really hard to avoid SoG (good timing of buff+will surge). But still i have much mixed feelings about it. Mainly because a) It's EPs skill and we wouldnt like to interfere into skills' usage by limitting them (other matter are heals in duels). Soon we can have suggestions about limitting barb's new stun which is kinda unavoidable as well and so on.  B) by getting an EP to your squad in 2v2 - makes u having only 1dd since eps are mainly supporting (at least in events) so it has its' own pros and cons.
But as I earlier said - I can host soon 2vs2 with limitted SoGs and we'll talk about it with other GMs and players. It's not that bad idea imo.

But when thinking about nerf Soul skills psy no GM come defend us.  :police:

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
But when thinking about nerf Soul skills psy no GM come defend us.  :police:
Oh boy. Not you again..

Offline aquamarina

• Characters: Delfyne
SoG is not spammable.
1) It has a 30 second cooldown
2) It lasts 15 seconds

Whilst you have SoG on you it reduces any damage dealt to you by 90% that means you are only receiving 10% of any possible damage !

I can't see why you think this is such a powerful skill.  It is not that hard to avoid, and damage done to you is 90%  less than you would otherwise receive. 

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
SoG is not spammable.
2) It lasts 15 seconds

Whilst you have SoG on you it reduces any damage dealt to you by 90% that means you are only receiving 10% of any possible damage !

I can't see why you think this is such a powerful skill.  It is not that hard to avoid, and damage done to you is 90%  less than you would otherwise receive.

It makes your partner useless and its spamable. :smiley:

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
SoG is not spammable.
2) It lasts 15 seconds

It's spammable in 2v2...

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
SoG is not spammable.
2) It lasts 15 seconds

Wooooow omg really?you receive 90% less dmg? :shocked:
I am so happy now :police:

Offline BriEsT

• Don
SoG is not spammable.
2) It lasts 15 seconds

I dont think you understand the point of this thread , besides its not so easy to dodge it as well .

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
SoG is not spammable.
2) It lasts 15 seconds

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
SoG is not spammable.
2) It lasts 15 seconds

it's not so much the skill they're talking about, it's the amount of times you can use it

remember the main point of this topic

and yes, it is spammable

Offline aquamarina

It makes your partner useless and its spamable. :smiley:

ok so I SoG you, after 15 seconds I  could sleep you but if you receive damage sleep stops immediately .. so explain why this is so much worse than being stun locked, and or having your mana and chi drained ? every class has a stun or a nasty debuff. Imagine a sin and BM against you  you can be stunned  and stunned you will still need to use your genie to escape and these classes can deal 100% of their possible damage to you .. not the paltry 10% you would get from having SoG on you.

p.s I understand perfectly that the author is asking to have the number of times SoG can be used reduced .. in that case .. every stunlock, sleep and debuff of every class should be limited also.

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
Dear lord is it so hard for ppl to  understand this topic is about 2vs2 ONLY? ???

Offline aquamarina

1BM + 1 sin = 2
1ep + 1 any other class = 2

q.e.d 2 v 2

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
SoG is not spammable.
2) It lasts 15 seconds

It is spamable lol. 30 sec isnt that long tbh. Dont think you understand the point of this thread. Its how many times it can be used not how powerful it is.