Epic Perfect World

sog/sleep

Paki

Okay so as far as I can see opinions are different. And as far as I can somehow agree on limitting number of SoGs (sogs only, sleep - nope) but only in 2vs2 (in 3v3/4v4 and more - nope). We'll talk about it with gms/some players, for example about amount of SoGs - fights during 2v2 last usually for 6 mins so what amount of SoGs would be propet etc. I see no harm in hosting one 2vs2 soon with limited sogs already to check how it works. But I'm not saying that limited sogs will be a rule soon. First we'll try& get some opinions and if it works well - maybe we'll set that as a permanent rule. It will also depend on GMs usually hosting it - that's why we'll have to talk about it and find some agreement.
As far as I can see having EP in squad is an advantage, thats obvious - not only mentioned SoG but buffs/heals. It's easy for such team to temporary froze one player and then focus on second opponent making in 2vs1 + this team has buffs&heals. Especially it's hard when for example duo of wb and bm are fighting against ep+some other class, when ep can camp plume shell+vangourd+puri and is kinda untouchable. So yes, I get all (or at least most of) points of ppl who are +1 to this. And yes, ik its really hard to avoid SoG (good timing of buff+will surge). But still i have much mixed feelings about it. Mainly because a) It's EPs skill and we wouldnt like to interfere into skills' usage by limitting them (other matter are heals in duels). Soon we can have suggestions about limitting barb's new stun which is kinda unavoidable as well and so on.  B) by getting an EP to your squad in 2v2 - makes u having only 1dd since eps are mainly supporting (at least in events) so it has its' own pros and cons.
But as I earlier said - I can host soon 2vs2 with limitted SoGs and we'll talk about it with other GMs and players. It's not that bad idea imo.

Sounds good.

Offline aquamarina

• Characters: Delfyne
is there another stun/sleep/debuff/paralyze that is just as long as sog/sleep and has just as short a CD?

is there another stun/sleep/debuff/paralyze that cuts the damage by 90% in other words that equates to  1.66 sec duration compared to any other stun, sleep paralyze :P

cevans1290

The rules of a 2v2, or more, never says

1( No ep for the oposing squad..
2(You have to be in the squad. use Pwi tactic, drop sq and atk when they're being slept. or that 15 seconds *** the ep, and then 2v1 > 1v2.

Or make an ep yourself, a 2v2 with just ep's sounds fun.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
is there another stun/sleep/debuff/paralyze that cuts the damage by 90% in other words that equates to  1.66 sec duration compared to any other stun, sleep paralyze :P

that doesn't matter because despite the damage reduction, it still turns the fight into a 2v1 for an extended period of time, which is what the main point of this thread is circling around.

The rules of a 2v2, or more, never says

1( No ep for the oposing squad..
2(You have to be in the squad. use Pwi tactic, drop sq and atk when they're being slept. or that 15 seconds **** the ep, and then 2v1 > 1v2.

Or make an ep yourself, a 2v2 with just ep's sounds fun.

following rule 1 would make the event rather boring

following rule 2 could work once or twice maybe if you're lucky but how long can you keep doing that

Offline aquamarina

that doesn't matter because despite the damage reduction, it still turns the fight into a 2v1 for an extended period of time, which is what the main point of this thread is circling around.

With good timing of stuns and seals any 2 people can turn the fight into a 2v1 .. and all this without the reduction in damage.  You don't need SoG to make this the case.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
With good timing of stuns and seals any 2 people can turn the fight into a 2v1 .. and all this without the reduction in damage.  You don't need SoG to make this the case.

yes but the length of those stuns and seals is considerably shorter than sog and sleep...

Offline aquamarina

yes but the length of those stuns and seals is considerably shorter than sog and sleep...

actually chromatic seal can last 34 seconds  ....  so u are stuffed if you ran out on yr genie .. you still have to wait for it to build up again .. in the meantime the damage you are receiving is nearly 10 times more than with SoG .. but oh well whatever you prefer I guess :P

Offline Rumi

• x x x
actually chromatic seal can last 34 seconds  ....  so u are stuffed if you ran out on yr genie .. you still have to wait for it to build up again .. in the meantime the damage you are receiving is nearly 10 times more than with SoG .. but oh well whatever you prefer I guess :P

idk what you said here

but as I've said repeatedly over and over again, it's easy to just go tank mode and wait for CD to be done.

that's what I'm assuming what you're talking about cos idk

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
Wow Roomi you are really patient :rolleyes:

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
Nobody is going to hit a sogged person, so nobody who is sogged is going to die. The whole point is that the other member of the team will get both of the enemies ganking him, while his teammate can't do anything, because he is sogged/sleeped. Get it? The whole point of sogging someone is making them useless while killing the other. It doesnt have the same purpose as a stun, so you can't compare those either.