Epic Perfect World

Cleric or not?

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Quote from: ★Swink
You need godly gear to do anything in pk, if you are a DD cleric. I'd just stick to support tho, less hassle.
You don't quite need perfect gear to be a DD ep. You just need to be able to react fast because you are squishier while a DD ep. You need to know what your skills do, when to use them, time them and so on.
Just like Ever said:
Quote from: Eᴠᴇʀ
I can kill any class as long as I get my timings perfect.
It's pretty easy to switch to tank and actually be able to tank if you have a defense weapon, even easier if you're sage.
Not everyone has a good defense weapon though, so I suppose a physical ring may help.
Orrr, you could just go complete tank, support ep. I find support to be boring after so long though.
So I just prefer tanking with a defense weapon, after all..restating all those points gets tiresome too.

Quote from: ★Swink
I'd just stick to support tho, less hassle.
Actually, besides the gear for DD ep, DD is easier and more fun in my opinion..less yelling for buffs & heals.  :sad:
I didn't read much of the other comments, so I most likely went over stuff that other people have already gone over. \o/

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
Hi ok. First off, there are many different ways to play EP.

I am a DD EP. Yes, I can switch to being full support mode with the switch of a few gears, but I prefer to play as a Metal Mage. My r8 consists of Channeling, Magic, and Physical Defense. I use the 150 Glaive during DD for Channelling. I have a nice r8 Attack weapon, but I have discovered that the difference in damage isn't that big and I rather have the channelling so I can heiro faster. I use Puzzle Neck which has  Magic / Physical Defense engraves. The rest of my engraves are complete magic.

I can kill any class as long as I get my timings perfect.

I have to go to work, I will reply again to this once I get off and finish blabbing my mouth xD.

Okay continuing.

I used to play as a non-chan cleric. Mainly because I didn't have any luck on getting chan on my gear, but also because I used my attack weapon. I personally believe that chan is better, but that is just me. You can look as see other DD EPs who are complete damage and are very successful. One that comes to mind is Lewd. He hits insanely hard but his channelling is very slow. When I was non-chan ep, I did the same thing. High damage, low channelling. The build I have right now is a mixture of the two, and it seems to work great for me.

Demon vs Sage. I don't believe either is better than the other. My old friend, Hoffnung, was demon, and she destroyed 90% of the people she fought. I play sage and I do pretty well for not practicing daily.

Clerics (especially sage) have so many defensive skills, even in UVD, that you shouldn't really be concerned about having too much defensive gear while being DD. Just make sure you know all your skills, and you know when to use your skills. Time your arrays, shell, boon, pious, guardian light, wings of protection, and buffs and you will do fine. Remember that you can still heal while in UVD with your arrays and boon. You really just have to practice and be exact with your timings. I've been anywhere between tanking zFlashx for 10 minutes to being heiroed by a psychic.

A few things. You need all of your skills (including Morai - minus the Exp one. We have Guardian Scrolls for that.) The only other one that comes to mind is the combined Primal Healing skill. I never got that one so I have no idea how good it is. You will need 150 Glaive, r8 Attack weapon, r8 Defense weapon, and r8 Purify weapon (preferably with defensive stats). Know when to use each of those weapons. Yes, your gear needs to be pretty decent for DD EP, but not like donor stats.

Disclaimer: This is all from my personal experience and opinion. I have played cleric for about 4 years, but I may be wrong on some things.

I hope my rant helps a bit. If you ever have any questions, you can pm me in game on Ever or Faerie. I will shut up now, so have fun in game!

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Disrupted

They can do good damage, but mostly are for support. Or you can play like a weird person and try to DD and heal at the same person *points to Andrey*

Offline ♥Haterade♥

• Gm's Hate Me
  • Sup?
  • Characters: ♥Haterade♥SearingFlame♥
  • Faction: Carrys ArchEnemy PK
depends on what you go sir.