Epic Perfect World

Cleric or not?

So I have never played a cleric on pwi or epw I was wondering are they only good for healing or can they be good damage dealing too?
I know their sleeps and stuff can be super annoying I don't remember ever being killed by a cleric in all my years in this game though so can you guys please give me some help here I wanna know if it'd be a fun class to pvp with and not just support..

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
they can do good dmg if u have good gears , but most clerics are made for support for mass pk
oh my god I love your sig hope you don't mind I am saving that lol and thanks for some input

Eternalagony

they can do good dmg if u have good gears , but most clerics are made for support for mass pk
Basically this, You need godly gear to do anything in pk, if you are a DD cleric. I'd just stick to support tho, less hassle.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
full phy reduce gear with magic on it, weapons : purify wep, def wep, damage wep, ct wep isn't necesarry, u wont use it often as 1v1, just camp def till u can sog/sleep, do the br combo with shackle( shackle deals more damage than ep itself) and just wait for target to die while u deal 8-9k when shackle deals 7-14k. Have fun
mass pk EP requires more skill, being targeted a lot and u have to heal 9 others. You need a HA top along with AA helm, rest r8 armor, with CT wrist -6% and rest pieces(boots and leggings) with phy reduce atleast 4% or -6% ct or -3% ct and phy reduce (any of these works), weapons are easier here, a def wep with atleast 26 def levels (2x stat) and some phy reduce on it also, a purify wep with phy reduce a lot or def level(again any of these works, if both= godly), rings= both magic, ornaments = both pdef, depends what u like more, def ascended dragon cape, which gives more def and hp, less ct, or ascended supreme robe for more vit and stats, less defence, more ct.
Tome is VIT regardless the 1v1 or mass pk. The phy reduce will save u. Its an easy class for 1v1 mode and a hard class for mass pk since it requires focus. Have fun

Offline dove

• Forum Veteran
full phy reduce gear with magic on it, weapons : purify wep, def wep, damage wep, ct wep isn't necesarry, u wont use it often as 1v1, just camp def till u can sog/sleep, do the br combo with shackle( shackle deals more damage than ep itself) and just wait for target to die while u deal 8-9k when shackle deals 7-14k. Have fun
mass pk EP requires more skill, being targeted a lot and u have to heal 9 others. You need a HA top along with AA helm, rest r8 armor, with CT wrist -6% and rest pieces(boots and leggings) with phy reduce atleast 4% or -6% ct or -3% ct and phy reduce (any of these works), weapons are easier here, a def wep with atleast 26 def levels (2x stat) and some phy reduce on it also, a purify wep with phy reduce a lot or def level(again any of these works, if both= godly), rings= both magic, ornaments = both pdef, depends what u like more, def ascended dragon cape, which gives more def and hp, less ct, or ascended supreme robe for more vit and stats, less defence, more ct.
Tome is VIT regardless the 1v1 or mass pk. The phy reduce will save u. Its an easy class for 1v1 mode and a hard class for mass pk since it requires focus. Have fun
Yes go HA to get 2 shot by magic dds.

Offline Quequeg

• They seek him here, they seek him there, / Those F
HA top gives ok pdef more hp and pdef bonus from 3 part r8r but you loose lots magic to str to wear it, so your healing is reduced.

Could just wear phy ring, phy gain similar to chest just no hp bonus and not sure if r8r 3rd bonus works on ring pdef.
Attack damage lost using might ring when needed vs ha str build is much less so your healing is much better also yes ct slower.

no need hybrid build just get 2 rings 2 tomes and clerics can swap eq just yep, simple

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
If you want to deal damage as cleric, you should go full mag. Heavy armor is really bad way to go.
With gear set below you can do both support and damage:

for support:
vit tome / mag tome (not 100% required), dragon cape / supreme robe, purify weapon / dragon glavie
dragon neck, WS belt, ancient dragon robe, r8 legs, shoes and wrists

if you want to deal damage, otherwise not required:
atk lvl glavie, r8 top and DS neck

When it comes to r8 stats you will want -channel, phys damage reduce, pdef, mag, str and vit.

What also helps is having attack (or healing) and defense gear set on macro, so you can switch immediately if you get targeted.

Offline Martylka

• see you next time
  • coming back like a boomerang
  • Characters: Martylka, Eulika

What also helps is having attack (or healing) and defense gear set on macro, so you can switch immediately if you get targeted.

Noobish question - how to have gears on macro? I managed to drag there only skills from list  :-[

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
you shall meet ClericHeal

its like you meet

barb + sin + mystic all in one player one class

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
Hi ok. First off, there are many different ways to play EP.

I am a DD EP. Yes, I can switch to being full support mode with the switch of a few gears, but I prefer to play as a Metal Mage. My r8 consists of Channeling, Magic, and Physical Defense. I use the 150 Glaive during DD for Channelling. I have a nice r8 Attack weapon, but I have discovered that the difference in damage isn't that big and I rather have the channelling so I can heiro faster. I use Puzzle Neck which has  Magic / Physical Defense engraves. The rest of my engraves are complete magic.

I can kill any class as long as I get my timings perfect.

I have to go to work, I will reply again to this once I get off and finish blabbing my mouth xD.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline LeiTo

• Old Player
  • Characters: LeiTo
  • Faction: Tyrants
Make and idea about this class by yourself.

People's knowledge is near to 0 in this thread.

Have fun.

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
Make and idea about this class by yourself.

People's knowledge is near to 0 in this thread.

Have fun.
Hi, I heard EP takes much skill, is that true?

Offline ₤ίɭ₮

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: *~Nazirema~*, Ethereality
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Just experiment with different builds, or better yet, make your own
i got a r8 cleric thats sage i just used sls so i could use it for dailys though i never used but now I am and its pretty fun thanks for advice guys I actually plan on keeping it full magic though :)