Epic Perfect World

Poll

Would you accept Transforming Attack/Defence Levels into Slaying/Warding Level Levels?

Yes, leave a reason why
No, leave a reason why

Player Opinion - PvE R9 Gear

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
I'm not PvP oriented and I would accept it because both
help fight mobs/bosses.
PvP oriented players wouldn't accept it for obvois reason:
Slay/Ward don't apply on other players, just on mobs.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline XxHYFUxX

That only think i would want or ask for with the rank gear is that it still give aps i love bring i 5 aps sin and i do a lot of PVE and very little PVP anymore so if the gear was made for PVE then what would be the harm in allowing it to giving 5 aps sparked Just a thought I will be happy with what ever happens TY for ask though
Demon 5.0aps Pro Sin 150 MuffDiver
Demon LA Cleric 150 LongDong
Demon Seeker 150 SoFaKing

Offline CENT

I've been offline a few days finally something to farm but make it reasonable plz it's not dragon armor so it would be nice if I can farm not buy

*or make it better than dragon but pve only XD
Last Edit: Aug 08, 2012, 03:03 am by CENT

Offline Sting

• Love at first sting.
Yes, R9 should be a new endgame gear, but with more balanced ATK/DEF levels to ajust to the server without break it. Please consider this, because R9 for pve would be totally obsolete, and you all know it since we can do just fine with dragon gear.

Face it: EPW has TOO MANY level 150 players with nothing else to do but PVP.
A new endgame gear is what we need. And even if its not, I'm sure its a start.

Offline buschkatze

I'm not PvP oriented and I would accept it because both
help fight mobs/bosses.
PvP oriented players wouldn't accept it for obvois reason:
Slay/Ward don't apply on other players, just on mobs.

complete agree with everything..

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
Yes, R9 should be a new endgame gear, but with more balanced ATK/DEF levels to ajust to the server without break it. Please consider this, because R9 for pve would be totally obsolete, and you all know it since we can do just fine with dragon gear.

Face it: EPW has TOO MANY level 150 players with nothing else to do but PVP.
A new endgame gear is what we need. And even if its not, I'm sure its a start.

I really like your interpretation of it.
People seem to think from their experiences on PWI R9 is just the worst thing in the world. that it crashed the game etc. Sure the attack levels and defence levels in it hold a huge factor but It was a small factor compared to what all was needed to play a key part in ruining it.
Factors of Pwi Crashing:
1. Cash Shoppers - Biggest percentage factor
2. Packs - Within packs you get the shards attack/defence level shards
 - Have you ever seen a r9 live long in pwi with flawless gems in? xD No. They only way a r9 can survive and be op with their gear is with the SHARDS, This is what offset the game and Packs played the biggest part in it. Why? Because packed carried the buildblocks of JOSD (DOTS and DODS)
3. Drop rates/exp were low - The avg person would get around 2 nirvy pieces per 2x, this isn't a whole lot.

Players can set here and argue with me all they like. Packs = JOSD & without them the gear is rather balanced out. Gems were added to offset the balance and give more power boost. All EPW is trying to do is add new content to the game for people to stop being boring and get back into grinding for things. Yes maybe Aga can lower some of the Attack levels. For starters I personally thought he said he was going to remove the attack levels from the weapons (+40 attack levels) but then there would be no Zerk for a majority of the classes.

If we can't keep attack levels and defence levels then we might as well change it to pve gear. I just wish people would have given it a try before judging EPW with vendetta/and or/pwi.

Scylla

If we can't keep attack levels and defence levels then we might as well change it to pve gear. I just wish people would have given it a try before judging EPW with vendetta/and or/pwi.

The problem was that no one was informed of what was coming. Not publicly. Instead of just adding it in, you should have given the community a little bit of warning. Slowly led us into it, because again, its a hated set of gear. I understand it was meant to be a good surprise, just have to warn people before adding something like R9. Maybe its just me who thinks this, but imo, this is the biggest reason why so many people complained about it when it came out.

Another thing that I've heard from people is, they like the customization of EPW, that's why we play it. If I wanted to have R9, I would've played Vendetta or PWI. If a new set of gear were to be added, attack levels or not, it just shouldn't be R9 because it takes away what sets us apart from other servers.

Just my two cents.

Like I said earlier though, I like this idea and wouldn't mind seeing it implemented.

Offline Cocor3

My option is no...if I need to farm a General Summer's Token>that is 9999 Mysterious Chips in this server 9999 epic coins....lol for what?Mobs are still easy to beat and bosses...I do nirvana in a few minutes

Offline Sting

• Love at first sting.
People seem to think from their experiences on PWI R9 is just the worst thing in the world. that it crashed the game etc. Sure the attack levels and defence levels in it hold a huge factor but It was a small factor compared to what all was needed to play a key part in ruining it.

Indeed. See, here's the thing:
If a new gear will come up, obviously it will be more powerful than the previous one (Dragon). Thats what makes the effort of crafting it to be worthy and that's what endgame is all about.
But the fact that the new gear is the R9 (that many point as the reason for PWI's ruin) made people go crazy.

And yes, the ATK/DEF Level shards really made the difference on PWI. Blame the R9 alone would be very wrong. But here is not PWI and it can be different, so I really can't see why R9 shouldn't be implement it here.

It was wrong to judge so fast indeed. I said that on WC but people were too busy hating.
Anyways, I hope R9 comes back. New goals are always fun, and at least for me, that's what the game is about.

So...my opinion stands: NO for PVE R9 gear, and YES for R9 endgame gear, for both PVE and PVP.

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
My option is no...if I need to farm a General Summer's Token>that is 9999 Mysterious Chips in this server 9999 epic coins....lol for what?Mobs are still easy to beat and bosses...I do nirvana in a few minutes

General Summer's Token = 19ec each or less I think. Myst chips were replaced by EC.
General Summer's Token = 19ec each or less I think. Myst chips were replaced by EC.
unless you made it so you need less general summers tokens then that is way way over priced since for a full set of r9 you need 205 general summers tokens so that would mean you would need 3895 ec and since average ec price seems to be 1.5 m r9 would be worth around 5,842,500,000 coins and thats not including medals since i dont know what you would have used to get them

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
unless you made it so you need less general summers tokens then that is way way over priced since for a full set of r9 you need 205 general summers tokens so that would mean you would need 3895 ec and since average ec price seems to be 1.5 m r9 would be worth around 5,842,500,000 coins and thats not including medals since i dont know what you would have used to get them
Medals were about 100~150 ec each I think
Medals were about 100~150 ec each I think
ok you need 19 medals for lets just say 100 ec each thats 1900 ec or 2,850,000,000 coins so the total price for a full set of r9 is 8,692,500,000 coins

Offline Recoil

• <3NoHomo
ok you need 19 medals for lets just say 100 ec each thats 1900 ec or 2,850,000,000 coins so the total price for a full set of r9 is 8,692,500,000 coins

Its not that hard to make money in this game... its very simple.. not gonna say how much money/items I have on all my toons.. but I have well over enough...

its really simple and it just takes time/work

the game is not meant to have all items handed to you.

the exp rate/coin rate is enough all itself...

yall are just too busy complaining cause everyone wants things given to them.

then people want events, and more stuff to do when you hit 150 other than PK

so thats what they are trying to do!~

Offline Noci

Perfect world vendetta has the same idea. The have gear called g25 and thats the OP gear there. But the only thing i didnt like about that was that all mats were for sale in the cashshop.

So i would only say yes to this idea. IF we get all mats bij farming the gear. En not by using the creditcard of our parents.

Talking about nerfing. Aint the psy, wizz and mystic a lil bit to op?
Last Edit: Aug 08, 2012, 08:21 am by Jeroen