Epic Perfect World

Suggestion

Offline crimsonrose

Alright so Interrupting this lovely conversation but I"m happy the telecoustics are in the boutique. One vote = 50 silver(normal amount given). 10 silver = 30 teles. 50 x 30 = 150 teles. That 150 teles will last me 2 weeks to a month and I sit there and ask for GV or BHs etc etc. Only those that spam world chat needs more then 150 for two weeks. I mean think about it, how many teles do you use in one week?? or how about this, How many teles does those that spam world chat use? I mean think of 5 names you see in world chat ALL the time. Do you really want those 5 people in worldchat all day??

Also just to throw a note out there....It was literally last night Neith was doing a faction base event. She said she had posted new rules and if ANYONE broke the rules they wouldn't get a boss. She allowed us like 5-10 minutes to go read the forums before starting the event. Few people broke the rules and she simply said "it's your turn to wait" How did the factions that broke the rules react?? By raging in world chat of course and seriously there was too many people to mute or even take control of the situation honestly. They were being completely disrespectful and cussing and spamming and QQing and saying stupid shit like "you hate this faction, you wont' give us bosses on purpose" Of course while this world chat spasm was going on I bet you people were pming her going "it's been 10 minutes are we going to get our bosses?" IF you were in that position what would you have seriously done?? I'm surprised she finished the event without muting every single person in the whole entire game for 5 hours. Those teles should stay where they are now. End Of Story.

Offline Zoe

• Tony
  • Yin Yang: you get what you give
With all due respect Sky, I've owned various successful servers for other games, and have been a GM on a pw server. This stuff you're saying "is not an easy job", well those are the BASIC responsibilities of a GM. With all do respect, learn your job. If you can't handle the responsibilities that come with becoming a GM then that's a personal issue, not something that should be taken out on the community.

and it's not something to criticize someone on... it isnt an easy job for everyone, some more then others, it causes stress at those times and the stress builds
K- eep
I- t
S- imple
S- tupid

Offline Yvaine

• The lesser you care, the happier you are
Oh puhlease if you were in the GM's position you wouldn't  be able to handle such atrocity as well.
What you guys are saying may be true, but then again let us consider all facts. Some players are indeed bitches.

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
Oh puhlease if you were in the GM's position you wouldn't  be able to handle such atrocity as well.
What you guys are saying may be true, but then again let us consider all facts. Some players are indeed bitches.

I agree, but it's the GM's job to take care of these "bitches" instead of punishing the community as a whole.
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline Yvaine

• The lesser you care, the happier you are
Point taken. With your argument about "Punishing the community as a whole", I have no more objections cause you're right. : :D

Offline crimsonrose

You should be happy World chat isn't turned off or something extreme like that. they are still cheap as hell and MAY be taken out of botique at any point in time.

Offline Brilliant

A GM's job is to enforce the rules and make sure they're followed... it is actually very much like babysitting: if you go to a house to watch the owners' children and they give you guidelines you have to make sure that they're followed... if they're not followed you have to get involved. you have to also make sure the house is not destroyed.

in the case of a GM, these are the roles:
 - GM is the babysitter
 - Admin is the owner(s)
 - server is the house
 - players are the children

((edited: additional detail))

Agreed. It's a GM's Job to Monitor the players and the Server if you think about it you ARE Babysitting us. Well Those of us whom are snot nosed little brats.

Offline Slash

• Legend
You should be happy World chat isn't turned off or something extreme like that. they are still cheap as hell and MAY be taken out of botique at any point in time.
Ofcourse, I should be happy that one of the main elements of the game isn't turned off because certain gm's can't do their jobs? They may be cheap, but there are many other things players need to save cubi/silver/gold for.
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline crimsonrose

And your anger has obviously blinded your poor judgement. Go take a walk.

::Edit: If you think you can be a better GM THEN APPLY to be one it's not that hard. If you're an officer of some faction then isn't part of your job to tell those that are spamming in world chat to knock it off as well?? And even if you're not it's not 100% the gm's job to be the ONLY person to tell them to shut up and be respectful. You are not helpless obviously so go do something about this instead of sitting here raging at the forums. Ijs. In a way we all as a whole punished ourselves by doing nothing and sitting there going "omg look at world chat they're at it again lol"
Last Edit: Aug 07, 2012, 06:00 am by crimsonrose

Offline KingDags

• DEATH FOLLOWS YOU EVERYWHERE
no matter what you do there still will be spam and trash talk

Offline Slash

• Legend
And your anger has obviously blinded your poor judgement. Go take a walk.

::Edit: If you think you can be a better GM THEN APPLY to be one it's not that hard. If you're an officer of some faction then isn't part of your job to tell those that are spamming in world chat to knock it off as well?? And even if you're not it's not 100% the gm's job to be the ONLY person to tell them to shut up and be respectful. You are not helpless obviously so go do something about this instead of sitting here raging at the forums. Ijs. In a way we all as a whole punished ourselves by doing nothing and sitting there going "omg look at world chat they're at it again lol"

As a regular member of the community, it is not NOR any member's respinsibility to clean up wc. It is the GM's responsibility, and their responsibility only.
Analogy: As a regular citizen, it's not my responsibility to go tackle a guy who's sticking up a bank. It is the job of POLICE OFFICERS, SECURITY, ETC. To take care of this. No matter how you try to twist and turn it, it's their responsibility.

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
The common player image who wants his dish spoon-fed and will flame others until he gets his ways. Do we even have to go into the threats dished to me the other night in pm? Now we sitting here saying gms don't know how to do their jobs. Neway, As this is becoming a flame thread.

//topic Locked. Teles aren't going anywhere as long as attitudes like this are on the servers.