Epic Perfect World

Psychic's skills problems

Disrupted

Since there is topic about psychic's skills problems, i want to ask did some1 of you found some problem with sage version of Earth Vector, the sage effect says there is 50% chance to cost no spark, and for almost 2 years since i play psychic, i never seen that effect to work, every time i cast Earth Vector it cost me 1 spark, 2-3 days ago i made like 300 tries on Dummy at Misfo, all tries failed and Earth Vector always takin me 1 spark, and since effect's chance is 50% should proc a lot xDDDDDDDDDD
You have 0 luck

Offline Scope

• Legen
  • dary.
  • Characters: Scope
  • Faction: Artifex
Not really what I meant.

The skills are literally bypassable, in the sense that there is a skill that you could use to reduce the effect of the skill (and then ofc, goes on CD).

But the difference seen in the skills between level 10 and level 11, due to the amount of soulforce that psychics have on this server, due to the higher level cap, is much more noticable and there is nothing you can really do to change someone else's soulforce, hence not bypassable.
You are totally right, I couldn't argue with that. But idk if this is off-topic. Can we get the psy blessboxes back? I think they were not OP at all, and we are too squishy without them. (inb4 Mentalista comes here to teach us how to be useless psy)

Offline Scope

• Legen
  • dary.
  • Characters: Scope
Which lasts like, what? Under 6 seconds. Useful.
A good barb can kill a psy under 6 secs... Ijs...

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
You are totally right, I couldn't argue with that. But idk if this is off-topic. Can we get the psy blessboxes back? I think they were not OP at all, and we are too squishy without them. (inb4 Mentalista comes here to teach us how to be useless psy)
Psy without the bless box is fine, u need only a way to not get 1shot by AS, and thats pretty much all. your bless box isn't needed, so, wont be added.

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
Since there is topic about psychic's skills problems, i want to ask did some1 of you found some problem with sage version of Earth Vector, the sage effect says there is 50% chance to cost no spark, and for almost 2 years since i play psychic, i never seen that effect to work, every time i cast Earth Vector it cost me 1 spark, 2-3 days ago i made like 300 tries on Dummy at Misfo, all tries failed and Earth Vector always takin me 1 spark, and since effect's chance is 50% should proc a lot xDDDDDDDDDD

You know... Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever seen that proc either... o.o

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants

No bro, its work msot times for me, u just bad luck.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Psy without the bless box is fine, u need only a way to not get 1shot by AS, and thats pretty much all. your bless box isn't needed, so, wont be added.

Evil ward.

I remember a while back, people were asking for Sage SOV to be reinstated since it only merely costs no mp upon hit.  Not that MP is an issue on this server, but yeah.  Imagine SOS at demon/sage level.  Get sealed every second instead of every other second.

You know, I haven't even thought about that while playing my psy as of late.  I should pay attention and see if it costs no spark for me.  I highly doubt it'll proc a crap ton for me either, but...worth a try.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
 ;D

I dont need any bles, u choosed be 123.
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2014, 03:15 pm by Mentalista

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
  • On the top of EPW food chain
  • Characters: Noobed
  • Faction: Zulu
never procced to me either,dunno if its due to the fact our pays got created alot of time ago and all the changes that psy got somehow bugged em

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I can see all of Psychics cant update their soul of vengeance,silence, and stunning, why u dont put sage/demon soul's skills?? they're pretty important, when i came here i didnt know about the Psychic's skills problem and i made myself Demon(Demon soul skills are quite better) now it seems i'll have to spend 5 gold + 200kk to save my skills, Please explain me why there aren't these important powers
Stun duration was already adjusted to have proper length, it's around 13 seconds as far I am remember, which is accepted length. Enabling sage/demon version would 'mess it up'.
When it comes to sage Soul of Silence, the seal from it has 5 seconds duration, which is quite a lot for a permanent buff that has around ~40% chance to proc. And yes, it's 'easily bypassable', but you are forced to use Will Surge each time, which uses precious genie energy, has 30 sec. cooldown and allows you to attack without being sealed for 8 seconds only.
Sage Soul of Vengeance wasn't added because it indirectly boosts Soul of Silence.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
Stun duration was already adjusted to have proper length, it's around 13 seconds as far I am remember, which is accepted length. Enabling sage/demon version would 'mess it up'.
When it comes to sage Soul of Silence, the seal from it has 5 seconds duration, which is quite a lot for a permanent buff that has around ~40% chance to proc. And yes, it's 'easily bypassable', but you are forced to use Will Surge each time, which uses precious genie energy, has 30 sec. cooldown and allows you to attack without being sealed for 8 seconds only.
Sage Soul of Vengeance wasn't added because it indirectly boosts Soul of Silence.

Sir Agatio, the Soul of Silence buff sage is 4 secs only, not 5, its say 5 seconds, but testing on PWI, people noticed that is only 4. u can check many thread about that there.

Idk how SoVengeance boosts Soul of Silence, but if u say it does, so it does... But about Soul of Silence, is 4 secs for sage.

----

And well about genie consumption, the classes need to camp evilward and waste 80 energy to dont be 1 shoted by Mystics 24/7, while against psy they need to waste if they want 80 energy with will surge to avoid the chance of take a seal that dont 1 shot anyone.Different of AS.

Offline Quequeg

• They seek him here, they seek him there, / Those F
Good point raised by Ani about Earth Vector. For as long as i have played my holy psy not noticed it costing zero chi as needs to account for its loss when playing, but i have not hit it a few hundred times to test it either.

Offline Toshiro

• Geekasaurus
  • IF you dont like me, piss off.
  • Characters: Griffith

Earth Vector -

Learned at level 59
Requisite Skill ~ Soulburn
Mastered at level 56

This is just like Red Tide, except it's Earth, and instead of a Bleed, it does a Stun. This skill is great in TW and PvP. Don't forget your checkbook.

Sage: Has a 50% to cost no Spark.
Demon: Effect range is increased to 8 meters.

Thats the skill info from http://pwiguides.guildlaunch.com/gwiki/index.php?page_name=Psychic_Skills_Guide&gid=165743

I can't find a page to link because the information I have is a little old.

I also found this out myself by playing my psy on PWI and playing sage psy on several PServs since then.

When you have full chi, you have only about a 5%-10% chance for the skill to proc. AND as we all know, anything below a 75% chance, means that most of the time you wont get the proc.
You usually get the skill to proc when you are @ or below 2 sparks. You actually get the 50% chance when you are at or below 2 sparks. I know some people are going to QQ because I do not have a site to link to, but I really don't care. Ive dealt with this issue before. SO. Dont fret over your skill not proccing. Its common. I have noticed, however, that psys created after a certain patch do not have this issue. It is solely a problem on psys created before that patch. Admins and GMs can say whatever. BUT, Ive played both psys from before and after that patch( I do NOT remember which it was) and the ones that I made after the patch always procced about 40% of the time. WHile those I made before the patch only procced about 5-10% of the time. Anyways, If you have any more psy skill question, feel free to ask me via PM.
Mighty Swing is barb's only decent stun skill. The other one being a one second aoe stun. Now compare that to any other class. Exactly. Now get some brain cells and stop QQing.
It depends on how u define the "stun" effect. If u are talking about the stun from bm's roar, then it can be removed with genie faith. If u r talking about the stun from mighty swing, then it cannot be removed with genie faith. And, the stun effect of almost all skills is removable with genie faith. If u insist that mighty swing does "stun" effect, the u shouldn't say bm's roar does "stun" effect; because they are basically 2 different effects, with different effect animations, and different status icons, even though both the skills describe them as "stun".

On topic, sage SoV does boost SoS indirectly; because u don't consume mp when getting attacked. So, it conserves more mp for ur SoS to proc, which can be very op in some situations. For SoS, the sage version will always stun longer than demon version when ur soulforce is maximized, which can be easily achieved in this server. Apparently, sage SoS will extend the stun duration much more longer than what it is now, which can be quite broken in some situations.   

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron