Epic Perfect World

New rule proposal.

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
Ok let me clarify things a bit. The increasing excessiveness and vulgarity of said "Trashtalking" is what is making us have to go to these types of actions. If it was a simple as you= no good fine, ok part of gaming we get that. But when it comes down to making fun of a persons family, personal appearance, religion or, heaven forbid, race that in my personal AND professional opinion is taking WAY across the line. More and more of the comments we are deleting, not only on a daily basis but more like hourly, are are either aimed at completely disrespecting or degrading someone. We do not expect everyone to be 100% "carebears" all the time but really? stooping to the level that it has been the last couple of months is really making me question the morality of some people. Not to mention the excess stress added to the staff, BUT what people don't seem to take into consideration is that we are here to try and not only entertain but to keep the peace on the server and the more "drama" we have to deal with the less time we have to run events, whether they be PvE OR PvP.
Why not impose a tax instead. :normal-2: Just an idea.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
From what I've seen, xpen made many videos which would provoke artifex into trashtalking, and I haven't seen artifex do it. Which may be why xpen threads are locked or even deleted.

^ Exactly.

It goes both ways, you should all stop acting so innocent. ???

I don't even want to try and clean those threads nowadays because by the time I get to it there's already like 2+ pages of stupid behaviour which I don't even want to attempt to remove on my phone/tablet.
Not to mention the stupid comments I get when I try to warn people to stop before I lock it.
IMO, comments like "you are bad", "you are noob", etc...are considered as OPINIONS. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions; and meanwhile, we also have the rights to believe/disprove/disagree/ignore each other. I don't get why such comments should be bothered/taken care of. People just need to be mature enough to think and act. Sometimes I really think that deleting such comments is an extreme action. Why do you even bother to delete them? Just because they bother somebody who cannot take them in a mature manner? 

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
i doubt this is very much about the "ypu are noob" and "you are bad" comments and more about the stuff others have mentioned before - making fun of others family, skin colour, religion, or just beeing extremy insulting in any way.
i doubt this is very much about the "ypu are noob" and "you are bad" comments and more about the stuff others have mentioned before - making fun of others family, skin colour, religion, or just beeing extremy insulting in any way.
The thread starter is mainly talking about the banned video threads, which I believe to be mostly related to the "noobs", "easy", "you are bad", "GF, even number" comments. Of course, extreme insults/hate speeches/parent jokes are sickening and should never be encouraged; and it makes sense if a GM steps in to take care of them.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
EPW is a game. Please remember that. I feel like GMs should be prioritised to keep the GAME running fluently and priorities should be muting the keyboard warriors in WC after PKs; rather than locking pointless video threads. This game is getting more and more into a forum. Most of us came here to play a GAME, the forum is an add on where people can talk and make frens. c:

you know what's sad? forum is more entertaining :normal-2:

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Zilara

If anyone should be punished for the behavior of the few who take this game too seriously, it should be the people posting hostile/hateful things just because they were on the other side of a youtube video.  Penalize the tryhards.  Not the video posters who took time to produce a video for entertainment only to have it locked because someone got mad at them.

I agree  :normal-1:

Offline dove

• Forum Veteran
     I feel like the ideal option is that people could just stop spewing hate speech on other people's threads.  People shouldn't be bitter enough to write an essay about how much they hate someone just for posting a video.  Everyone gets into their little back and forths at times, but it would be cool to see a video post that didn't turn into a shit storm within minutes. 

If anyone should be punished for the behavior of the few who take this game too seriously, it should be the people posting hostile/hateful things just because they were on the other side of a youtube video.  Penalize the tryhards.  Not the video posters who took time to produce a video for entertainment only to have it locked because someone got mad at them.

We can say trashtalking is part of the game and it's fun.  It is.  However, people get way too serious about it, and it almost always gets out of control.  People who play for no other reason than to elicit negative responses from other players simply shouldn't be allowed to do so anymore.  So many daily problems could be solved right there.
All of this.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Ok let me clarify things a bit. The increasing excessiveness and vulgarity of said "Trashtalking" is what is making us have to go to these types of actions. If it was a simple as you= no good fine, ok part of gaming we get that. But when it comes down to making fun of a persons family, personal appearance, religion or, heaven forbid, race that in my personal AND professional opinion is taking WAY across the line. More and more of the comments we are deleting, not only on a daily basis but more like hourly, are are either aimed at completely disrespecting or degrading someone. We do not expect everyone to be 100% "carebears" all the time but really? stooping to the level that it has been the last couple of months is really making me question the morality of some people. Not to mention the excess stress added to the staff, BUT what people don't seem to take into consideration is that we are here to try and not only entertain but to keep the peace on the server and the more "drama" we have to deal with the less time we have to run events, whether they be PvE OR PvP.

Couldn't have said it better than this ^

People are acting like we ban or mute whenever you say boo.
We know trashtalk is a part of the game.
You all seem to forget that we were players before we were GMs or that we have no understanding of what it is like to be a player.
We weren't born as GMs.
There is a big difference between trashtalk/competitive banter and the profanity that we have seen of late.
And only recently have we really been cracking down on it.
Trashtalk is fine but what we have seen some people say or do recently is NOT the image we want our server to have.

Conversation, banter, trashtalking, all this stuff is fine and I agree that it shows that our server is PK active and alive, but the lengths that some people take it to is not okay.
This may be a game or the internet, but that doesn't give you free reign to do or say as you like, there is still a real person behind the pixels.

Also a reminder that you guys can't see the reports we get, the screenshots, the chat logs, the helpdesk, our PMs, everything that we see.
You just see the surface and I can assure you, there is so much more.

Essentially, we have to play the devil's advocate and it sucks sometimes.
Either we get abused for banning/muting or we get abused for not doing anything.
We try to find the balance but never can and we have resigned ourselves to that fact.
But I just wish that everyone would step into our shoes once in a while.
You may be able to turn off worldchat or log off or ignore the trash and spam, but we can't.
And I know it's our job and I know we have chosen to do this, but that doesn't mean that we want to put up with trash on a daily basis.
This is a game for us too and should be enjoyable.
And I'm not trying to make us seem like victims or anything, just trying to explain our side a little.

Just my two cents. No hate plis.

However, going back to the original suggestion, I always give a reason when I lock and will continue to do so.
I can also say that staff have pretty much either already do or have agreed with the original suggestion and will make sure to post as reason for a lock or a clean so that everyone is clear.

I would also like to say that I am very happy with how people have acted on this thread.
It's nice to see a constructive discussion as opposed to the alternative when it comes to a thread of this nature.

Thanks and happy gaming all.
Last Edit: Aug 14, 2014, 11:55 am by Melody⋆

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Quequeg

• They seek him here, they seek him there, / Those F
As to the point of this tread I don't think new rule is needed as would just waste a GM's time even more, agree's though it would ne helpful to know why a tread was locked but just DO like everyone else does when questioning a ruling ASK at the help desk.

If the GM's look the rules to the letter and locked all controversial and applied ban's to the specific posters , eventually threads being locked due to others would be a rare thing.

The likely hood of posters showing a little thought before posting or if nothing good to say then best keep quite approach, then life on forums would be nicer for all and free up time for the Gm's support staff to concentrate on solving game questions/problems.

Instead of wasting most of there time stopping children from writing on the walls. They have a hard enough time as it is and are very hardly strict and give many lots of leeway.

So just  be thankful the do not always fully enforce all the rules due to varies reasons ( time/workload/no knowledge of event) etc

Offline Rozaria

• 花樣年華
  • Faction: Xpendable
Penalize the tryhards.  Not the video posters who took time to produce a video for entertainment only to have it locked because someone got mad at them.

Please.

-Oxymoronic

tl;dr

but from the little things i read here's what i must say: stop taking trashtalk so serious, it's the funniest part in the game, even more fun than pk itself some times, watching kids furiously smashing their face on the keyboards using random insults.  :police: