Epic Perfect World

New rule proposal.

Offline Querubin

this will not change anything but +1

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
And idk about the tense atmosphere. The way I'm thinking of it is that each side spends time with their own group of friends.  And idk about you but when I'm with my own friends I don't really worry about a tense environment.  The only time I ever see trashtalk is on forums or WC and when I get bored of it I just shut it off and go back to playing with friends.  Something someone else says doesn't necessarily have to affect my gameplay.  I don't think people should take the trashtalking any farther than that... If it gets to harassment I guess it would be a "tense environment" and then something could easily be done to stop that.

I see what you're saying there.  I handle worldchat and other drama prettymuch the same.  It can only keep my interest for so long, and then I don't bother with it anymore.  My statement about the usual offenders not being able to continue causing problems isn't for players like you or I.  I've been here almost 2 years now.  I learned over time that you can't take anything anyone says too seriously.  I even find some of the trashtalk pretty amusing.  However, the rest of the community isn't quite as hardened in this respect.

Some people do care about reading hate speech while they're just carrying on a conversation or buying/selling things in worldchat.  Sure they can start blacklisting 20 people at a time, but tbh our community shouldn't be so overwhelmed with serious gamers that people feel the need to take steps to avoid running into them every day.

This is still the internet.  People will have to learn to not care about some things, but there's a limit to how much some people can ignore.  I don't care about who's arguing with who or who won pk, but some people see this and wonder what our staff is doing while a bunch of sweaty 14 year olds are going hard in yellow chat for an hour at a time.
I'm basically 40

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
Some people do care about reading hate speech while they're just carrying on a conversation or buying/selling things in worldchat.  Sure they can start blacklisting 20 people at a time, but tbh our community shouldn't be so overwhelmed with serious gamers that people feel the need to take steps to avoid running into them every day.

This is still the internet.  People will have to learn to not care about some things, but there's a limit to how much some people can ignore.  I don't care about who's arguing with who or who won pk, but some people see this and wonder what our staff is doing while a bunch of sweaty 14 year olds are going hard in yellow chat for an hour at a time.

Muting individuals for spamming worldchat with their arguments is a different situation than locking a thread without a reason.

As for that situation, though, mutes are reasonable.  And if those aren't fast enough for the faint of heart and the merchants, it is possible to wait it out.  I don't like seeing WC spammed for hours by people just having a random conversation but I just shut it off and try again later.

Yes there may be serious gamers but even they will get bored eventually.

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Muting individuals for spamming worldchat with their arguments is a different situation than locking a thread without a reason.

As for that situation, though, mutes are reasonable.  And if those aren't fast enough for the faint of heart and the merchants, it is possible to wait it out.  I don't like seeing WC spammed for hours by people just having a random conversation but I just shut it off and try again later.

Yes there may be serious gamers but even they will get bored eventually.

There have been plenty of times where drama went on far longer than it should have and there was no GM active to stop it.  Thankfully that hasn't been the case as much lately.  The general population would most likely prefer reading random conversations than more ego matches (but I can't speak for all of them)

In terms of threads being locked, we can't pretend to not see threads spiraling out of control with constant ego disputes.  My stance on punishment was primarily aimed at people who get threads locked.  People who are constantly causing problems on forums just shouldn't be allowed to do so anymore.  If the choice comes down to locking the thread for everyone or just getting rid of people who came to cause problems, I'd prefer the second option.
I'm basically 40

Offline eon

• eager 2 learn new things
  • THINK - The Human Intelligence Nears Knowledge??
  • Characters: rishi
  • Faction: Ducks,ALTS
nice thread nice action from aga and team :)

personal opinions:

community is made by people be it online or real world.. its ugly corrupted, trash filled and w/e other negative elements exists in it is because none stepped forward to make it rainbow like or w/e u call ur paradise..

personal suggestion:

can separate pve and pvp sections:

make pvp media section unable to comment upon and also not get updated under latest topics section @ home..

thus removing attention and importance to it which might reduce the trash war..since again in my opinion

no attention (ignored) = slow death to negative elements

offense not intention ignore if u disagree with me ty

happy gaming have a nice day :)

Signature Credits: http://lonicera-mancer.deviantart.com/
Self Freedom applies only when it doesn't affects the Freedom of another person who follows this quote
happy gaming, have a nice time both in game and in real life :)

PS: Like Insanity's ornaments of magic dmg red/def lvls

http://www.ducks.shivtr.com/
http://alts.shivtr.com/

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
There have been plenty of times where drama went on far longer than it should have and there was no GM active to stop it.  Thankfully that hasn't been the case as much lately.  The general population would most likely prefer reading random conversations than more ego matches (but I can't speak for all of them)

In terms of threads being locked, we can't pretend to not see threads spiraling out of control with constant ego disputes.  My stance on punishment was primarily aimed at people who get threads locked.  People who are constantly causing problems on forums just shouldn't be allowed to do so anymore.  If the choice comes down to locking the thread for everyone or just getting rid of people who came to cause problems, I'd prefer the second option.

Well again I say in that situation, mutes are perfectly reasonably (in response to your first point).

As for your second point, the entire point I'm trying to make is that the drama that unfolds doesn't necessarily have to be viewed as "spiraling out of control".  If they want to trashtalk on a thread then why not.  The people who don't want to see it have many options available to them to not see it, whether through blocking the person or just plain ignoring.  I agree that trashtalking can get out of hand if it results in bringing in real life/racial shit/etc. and that's when a GM can step in and clean or if it gets to it, lock.  But otherwise, why not.  It's just a game, you shouldn't take it seriously. 

Offline Mitochondria

• Characters: Sun - Redefine
  • Faction: Artifex
People need to get over this. The mutes and locking if threads is actually for the good of all sides. There are people who gets mad over game and people who really doesnt care. These rules were implemented to keep the atmosphere cool. And as Cynix said there are limits to how much people can ignore regarding the trashtalk and insults etc. The reason is sometimes these issues gets way too personal. Thus reason why people gets muted and threads got locked to prevent the issues getting worse

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
EPW is a game. Please remember that. I feel like GMs should be prioritised to keep the GAME running fluently and priorities should be muting the keyboard warriors in WC after PKs; rather than locking pointless video threads. This game is getting more and more into a forum. Most of us came here to play a GAME, the forum is an add on where people can talk and make frens. c:

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
EPW is a game. Please remember that. I feel like GMs should be prioritised to keep the GAME running fluently and priorities should be muting the keyboard warriors in WC after PKs; rather than locking pointless video threads. This game is getting more and more into a forum. Most of us came here to play a GAME, the forum is an add on where people can talk and make frens. c:
Forum - part of the game ( and its the most important part )

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran

Please elaborate.

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
Yes, I agree.

Offline Rair

• Characters: Rair | Teiden | Shiredo (DANT3)
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
From what I've seen, xpen made many videos which would provoke artifex into trashtalking, and I haven't seen artifex do it. Which may be why xpen threads are locked or even deleted.
Stop being a childish idiot and your thread will stay open. No need for QQ or rules.
The cute 'empire' hit a new dirt low level :D

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
From what I've seen, xpen made many videos which would provoke artifex into trashtalking, and I haven't seen artifex do it. Which may be why xpen threads are locked or even deleted.
Stop being a childish idiot and your thread will stay open. No need for QQ or rules.

It really doesn't matter about the author; both sides do it.

That's true and false at the same time. I don't see how it can come from you either, considering you're one of the people this discussion is truly based on. The easiest way for drama to be ridden from the forum is to delete the media thread, simple. Allow people to make videos but don't allow them to post comments on here, let youtube fix it.
Last Edit: Aug 14, 2014, 07:48 am by Harry

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
Ok let me clarify things a bit. The increasing excessiveness and vulgarity of said "Trashtalking" is what is making us have to go to these types of actions. If it was a simple as you= no good fine, ok part of gaming we get that. But when it comes down to making fun of a persons family, personal appearance, religion or, heaven forbid, race that in my personal AND professional opinion is taking WAY across the line. More and more of the comments we are deleting, not only on a daily basis but more like hourly, are are either aimed at completely disrespecting or degrading someone. We do not expect everyone to be 100% "carebears" all the time but really? stooping to the level that it has been the last couple of months is really making me question the morality of some people. Not to mention the excess stress added to the staff, BUT what people don't seem to take into consideration is that we are here to try and not only entertain but to keep the peace on the server and the more "drama" we have to deal with the less time we have to run events, whether they be PvE OR PvP.
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$