Epic Perfect World

New rule proposal.

Offline Ɍemeƌium

• ♥♥♥
  • This Is Personal
  • Characters: Remedium, Alibis
  • Faction: Artifex ღ
Idk why threads get closed..oh come on the drama is a part of humans life
The drama cause challenge ,the challenge cause entertainment.

+1 and +1 to the thread. I dont know but lately seems everyone is getting muted, or threads locked for any little thing. Sure Trashing can go to far, and that is when you need someone to step in. Most of the time its just for entertainment.

★ More Around ★
150 - EP Remedium - Active
150 - Mystic Alibis - Active-ish

TY Leonora for sig ♥

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
I would like to apologize for ET's reply...

To Zilara - Netiquette is nothing, but a common sense.

And actually I expect moderators to leave a note when locking a threads, there's a rule for it. And I admit that lately I've been locking a topics without a note and started to do it now even as "prevention".

When it comes to videos, they all are made for one reason - to prove something for personal entertainment which almost every-time ends up with provocations towards other side and eventually with useless negative arguments. When I read it, most of the time I am about to delete whole thread.
You guys you will learn how to comment and discuss in polite way, without disrespect, because from now threads will be locked to prevent all the negative forum fights or you should just move entirely to youtube and write there whatever you want.
Yep. Everyone does this LOL

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
+1 and +1 to the thread. I dont know but lately seems everyone is getting muted, or threads locked for any little thing. Sure Trashing can go to far, and that is when you need someone to step in. Most of the time its just for entertainment.
^
This

Offline Scope

• Legen
  • dary.
  • Characters: Scope
  • Faction: Artifex
I think threads should be locked only when hurtful words are starting to be said. Other than that I don't really see why mods keep locking threads, other than the fact that they want people to think that epw is some blissful perfect peaceful place...

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable

I agree with this too... I was talking about TW in a video thread and had my posts deleted and got warned to move to PMs.  I pointed out there wasn't any trashtalking or flaming and then I was told it was off topic, yet I see other video threads go past 5 pages of people just saying random shit to each other that doesn't even have to do with the game itself.   :normal-43:

I guess just because I wasn't using happy smiley faces in my speech it wasn't allowed on the thread.  :normal-19:

And for me trashtalking is the most fun part after PK, but I agree dragging in real life shit into it is a bit tryhard and I tend to make fun of people who do it.   :police:

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
     I feel like the ideal option is that people could just stop spewing hate speech on other people's threads.  People shouldn't be bitter enough to write an essay about how much they hate someone just for posting a video.  Everyone gets into their little back and forths at times, but it would be cool to see a video post that didn't turn into a shit storm within minutes. 

If anyone should be punished for the behavior of the few who take this game too seriously, it should be the people posting hostile/hateful things just because they were on the other side of a youtube video.  Penalize the tryhards.  Not the video posters who took time to produce a video for entertainment only to have it locked because someone got mad at them.

We can say trashtalking is part of the game and it's fun.  It is.  However, people get way too serious about it, and it almost always gets out of control.  People who play for no other reason than to elicit negative responses from other players simply shouldn't be allowed to do so anymore.  So many daily problems could be solved right there.
I'm basically 40

Offline Almeja

• Characters: Almeja
  • Faction: Artifex
     I feel like the ideal option is that people could just stop spewing hate speech on other people's threads.  People shouldn't be bitter enough to write an essay about how much they hate someone just for posting a video.  Everyone gets into their little back and forths at times, but it would be cool to see a video post that didn't turn into a shit storm within minutes. 

If anyone should be punished for the behavior of the few who take this game too seriously, it should be the people posting hostile/hateful things just because they were on the other side of a youtube video.  Penalize the tryhards.  Not the video posters who took time to produce a video for entertainment only to have it locked because someone got mad at them.

We can say trashtalking is part of the game and it's fun.  It is.  However, people get way too serious about it, and it almost always gets out of control.  People who play for no other reason than to elicit negative responses from other players simply shouldn't be allowed to do so anymore.  So many daily problems could be solved right there.

Your white on the inside

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic

Come.  Let's marry.

Especially the last part.  It's fun and games until it goes too far or lasts too long.  Wanna trash talk? 30 minutes.  Do it.  If it exceeds that, then GTFO, because I'm trying to sell my damn tome.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Rasu

• Forum Veteran
  • Winter Bear ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
  • Characters: Kygo, Cosmic
  • Faction: Tyrants

I agree with this. at the end of the day its just a game and were all here to have fun. and show how much fun we had while playing. my suggestion, just make a section in the forum for video posts only with no commenting. that way things like this wont happen in the future. or as agatio said. take it to youtube. :-*

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow

Cynix's name will be engraved in history as wise man.

Offline Rumi

• x x x

Idk, for me personally I've never viewed trashtalking as something that would cause "daily problems".  It's something I think could be easily ignored but I guess most would disagree with me.

And I've never really heard of someone who plays just to "elicit negative responses from other players" lol... If a person like that exists on here solely for that reason they must be very patient.

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation

Idk, for me personally I've never viewed trashtalking as something that would cause "daily problems".  It's something I think could be easily ignored but I guess most would disagree with me.

And I've never really heard of someone who plays just to "elicit negative responses from other players" lol... If a person like that exists on here solely for that reason they must be very patient.

I don't wanna point any fingers or cause any problems, but trust me. They exist.  I'd find this game pretty boring if I were into that sort of thing, but true pk for some people really does only exist in yellow chat and on forums.

As for it being a daily problem, I agree it doesn't stop anyone from playing the game.  Still, it creates a tense environment to play in.  It's kinda like chillin with your best friend playing xbox.  His parents are in the next room screaming at each other about things you never needed to know.  Sure, you can still play xbox; but you can't tell me you're not feeling a little awkward.
Come.  Let's marry.

Only if you sing for me again   :tiger-29:

Your white on the inside

You're a potato tbh.
I'm basically 40

Offline Ɍemeƌium

• ♥♥♥
  • This Is Personal
  • Characters: Remedium, Alibis
  • Faction: Artifex ღ

I agree, I dont take any of the trash talking seriously unless it gets personal. If it does you know what I do?

Blacklist...

★ More Around ★
150 - EP Remedium - Active
150 - Mystic Alibis - Active-ish

TY Leonora for sig ♥

Offline Rumi

• x x x
I don't wanna point any fingers or cause any problems, but trust me. They exist.  I'd find this game pretty boring if I were into that sort of thing, but true pk for some people really does only exist in yellow chat and on forums.

As for it being a daily problem, I agree it doesn't stop anyone from playing the game.  Still, it creates a tense environment to play in.  It's kinda like chillin with your best friend playing xbox.  His parents are in the next room screaming at each other about things you never needed to know.  Sure, you can still play xbox; but you can't tell me you're not feeling a little awkward.

I think I have to disagree with you on the first point... No one is playing this game solely for trashtalking.  Otherwise what would they have to trashtalk about.  Most pick a side and whatever side they pick is the reason try play.

And idk about the tense atmosphere. The way I'm thinking of it is that each side spends time with their own group of friends.  And idk about you but when I'm with my own friends I don't really worry about a tense environment.  The only time I ever see trashtalk is on forums or WC and when I get bored of it I just shut it off and go back to playing with friends.  Something someone else says doesn't necessarily have to affect my gameplay.  I don't think people should take the trashtalking any farther than that... If it gets to harassment I guess it would be a "tense environment" and then something could easily be done to stop that.

Offline Maxime

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: InTake AiZoX Haste Faultless Prime
+ very good idea