Epic Perfect World

New rule proposal.

Offline Bareback

Hello, I've started noticing that there are more and more locked threads recently, specifically in media section of the site. Many of these threads are locked minutes after being posted, with absolutely no reason given. Also, it seems that threads are more likely to be locked if they are posted by Xpendable or, but quite rarely, Artifex members.

This has been going on for quite some time now, and I would like to propose a new rule for whoever is in charge of locking these threads.

Give us a reason. When you lock a thread next time, post a reply and say why you locked the thread. There might be some complaints, there might not be, but at least we won't be left confused and annoyed that a perfectly fine thread was given only few minutes for others to comment on it.

I'm not against locking threads if all they're going to do is instigate more drama, but locking threads within just minutes of them being posted seems kind of counter-productive as all it's going to do is create more unnecessary drama, favoritism accuses and altogether won't fix anything.

Or if you're not going to let us criticize, praise or just express our opinion on the videos just disable all comments and be done with it.

I think this is a perfectly good example of doing your job as GM and should be forced upon all other threads.

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran
i think i love you

Offline Solomon

• Forum Veteran
good idea really

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I don't mind either way. Locking really doesn't affect me.

Zilara

+1

I also think this should be edited a bit:

Nobody is going to bother to check out what Netiquette is about.

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
couldn't of said it any better, +9999 to it

Offline Robbert

• Forum Veteran
  • fumez decolez visez aterizez
  • Faction: XP/Arti Leader
i dont mind the locking since every1 knows who's the best but i hope its done for all sides (xpendable artifex goodgame salvation), otherwise it would be unfair and with no ground

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I would like to apologize for ET's reply...

To Zilara - Netiquette is nothing, but a common sense.

And actually I expect moderators to leave a note when locking a threads, there's a rule for it. And I admit that lately I've been locking a topics without a note and started to do it now even as "prevention".

When it comes to videos, they all are made for one reason - to prove something for personal entertainment which almost every-time ends up with provocations towards other side and eventually with useless negative arguments. When I read it, most of the time I am about to delete whole thread.
You guys you will learn how to comment and discuss in polite way, without disrespect, because from now threads will be locked to prevent all the negative forum fights or you should just move entirely to youtube and write there whatever you want.

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
i dont mind the locking since every1 knows who's the best but i hope its done for all sides (xpendable artifex goodgame salvation), otherwise it would be unfair and with no ground

XP and Arti are the only ones to usually get threads locked

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
LOL..

anyways, this crap has been going on for years...  i don't blame the forum Mods, for insta locking. You can't expect them to clean and give warning about the same thing to the same people in every single video thread (and there are an abundance of them being posted lately).

It's as if the same pinoy speaking in tagalog in WC everyday.. should he expect a warning everyday ? or should he be insta muted now after being warned/muted multiple times in previous occasions. ;o

idc either way, just a game and it doesn't phase me either way.  I understand from both perspective but yea bleh, can't make everyone happy in such a large and diverse community.

The Mods do it on every thread no matter what faction you are from when the issues come up. Just no more warnings for repeat offenders that's all but i know everyone feels like their faction is the one being disadvantaged and not their rivals (which is not the case).
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
funny fact some salvation videos allso get closed i wonder why ? D-R-A-M-A  if you think is onli xp plz walk 2 steps out of your ego bubble and see how is everything arround you.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
i don't blame the forum Mods, for insta locking. You can't expect them to clean and give warning about the same thing to the same people in every single video thread (and there are an abundance of them being posted lately).

Couldn't have said it better.

However, as Aga said, we are somewhat expected to give reasons for locking and 90% of the time, you will find that we do.
It's only recently that this hasn't been happening and it comes down to pure exasperation at having to repeat ourselves over and over again.

We've been pretty lenient in the past by cleaning and warning, but it doesn't seem to be noticed at all as the drama is still continuing.

Would be nice to just see some videos everyone now and then that display gameplay and advertise our server, rather than an antagonisation of the other side, but I digress.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Well, they're already cleaning threads which don't even include drama.  :sad:

(This one)

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander

On the other hand. I think they enjoy those dramas and insulting each other, just let them do it. Sadly locking won't solve anything (but don't say that threads get locked without reasons for ***'s sake) at all.

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Bareback

Okay, so why not disable comments altogether in the media section? If anything other than 'nice video' is considered a reason to lock the thread, might as well just ban any comments as they don't improve the quality of the conversation and we can all move to youtube or wherever. Plus it's easier for you, instead of locking half a dozen of threads every day.