• Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Hey there everyone!

My IGN is ArcticFury. I've been trying to do a lot more
mass PK tanking, and be more effective in it. Before, I
was Pure Str and Dex BM. Only enough Dex to hold fists,
and the rest in Str. Recently I change to Vit BM and removed
all dex except enough to hold my poleaxe. However, I still don't
feel much tankier. Any suggestions on what is better?

My Information:
Name - ArcticFury
Class - BladeMaster
Cultivation - Sage
Armor - R8
Weapon - Poleaxe
Atk Level: 48
Def Level: 68

Current Stats:
966 Vitality(Green)
487 Strength(Green)
Dexterity 102(Green)
Magic 32(Green)

Any suggestions and or recommended builds?
"My honor is my loyalty

Disrupted

Hey there everyone!

My Information:
Name - ArcticFury
Class - BladeMaster
Cultivation - Sage
Armor - R8
Weapon - Poleaxe

Current Stats:
966 Vitality(Green)
487 Strength(Green)
Dexterity 102(Green)
Magic 32(Green)

Uh get tanky gear? i play a str/dex hybrid bm atm and tank just as well as i do in vit, but i deal hella damage now. 

Offline derpator

The extra HP might help a sage survive mass pk as you don't have bell+magic marrow combo to prevent yourself from losing Pdef with marrow.  This makes you a pretty easy target for aps archers or even barbs sins and other bms.  If you are getting AA'd and it's all magic damage, sure - you would tank it better than a demon in the same gear.  But sage takes a big hit to pdef to boost their mdef so taking both types of damage at the same time would  be nasty.

Learn to double leap out of range of attacks, and back in with a nice stun.  Leaping has saved me from zerks and SoG and other potent CC just cause it's lucky like that.   But the main reason double leap is good is it can interupt skills being cast on you by a whole bunch of AAing casters/archers, or cause people to chase after you.  Leap will be back well before they get close, and hopefully roar as well.  Just be careful not to leap too far out of combat/away from your EP/into enemy lines - you need to stay in the fight as much as possible, but break range when necessary so you arent a sitting duck ;)

I don't really play sage but I'm curious what they could be useful for.  I think they might be fun in 1v1's except against archers.  That seems to be their achilles heel is dealing with magic and physical damage at the same time.    In Mass PK, I expect to get hit by both. 

Make sure you get a dragon cape and vit tome if you are vit, btw.
Also, in rank 8 with the base 15 percent magic damage reduced, you can get a higher 'reduced magical damage' mod than phys, not to say you can't get a decent  base amount with dragon cape etc.

Honestly on a sage BM i would assume that "reduced physical damage" and "physical defense +10%" might be even more valuable then "reduced magical damage" and "elemental resistance +10%".  Not to say those aren't still great stats for tanky r8, but on my Demon BM i am lacking in reduced physical mods, and my defense with marrow/bell is pretty flat.  So even a demon BM can EASILY take more damage from physical damage than from magic.   I have 37%ish magic damage reduced from my r8 gear and weapon but I can only go up to about 18-20% reduced physical damage.  My defense/resistances are pretty damn similar, so even in heavy armor once i use bell/marrow i tank magic damage better than i tank phys.  (Which honestly works pretty well, ie i can stun in melee but those archers standing far away are only hitting me for 3k crits).

Make sure you get a dex genie, its arguably better suited for tankiness than str.  Fortify is nice if you want to abuse Iron guard then use bodhi before it wears off, pretty tanky even if you're naked with a fortified IG ;).  Wind shield will actually save your life too.  Big fan of skills that don't cost alot of energy that are defensive.  I rarely use windshield for the atk speed and more for the reduced damage,  but on sage i think it's better than cyclone heel if you do ever use fists, which you should so you can attack faster with pole, which purges.

Before I go off on another tangent my last reccomendation for trying vit/sage bm (even though ive never tried it).  Keep the stats for all weapon types.  Or at the very least get sword and pole stats, I think they require over 102 dex but I'm not sure.
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2014, 05:25 pm by derpator

Zirkon

Hey there everyone!

My Information:
Name - ArcticFury
Class - BladeMaster
Cultivation - Sage
Armor - R8
Weapon - Poleaxe

Current Stats:
966 Vitality(Green)
487 Strength(Green)
Dexterity 102(Green)
Magic 32(Green)

Your Def lvl is Low, i got 84 def lvls without rune+Bless, and Dont go pure vit if u want to be useful in mass make sure you have enough dex to use ur claws to use some certain skills and Get Good Rank 8 stats(dont know ur current stats) Good Luck and going pure vit doest enhance ur survival by a huge margin, Make sure you get Enough Def lvl :):)

Offline Shines

• Faction: Outcasts✩
>vit build
>sage
>68 def level

i suggest you get gud