Epic Perfect World

Classes guide

Offline Animassacre

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: War
A psy is usually sage (I've hardly seen demon ones), as sage Psychic Will gives 10 seconds of physical immunity, and White Doodoo gives more defense levels. But regardless of their cultivation, they are a pure pain in the ass.  Oh, and don't fight a well-played mystic unless you have a death wish. xD

As for Mystic, the culti choice is not really as black and white as you put it.  A sage mystic has a Rapid Growth that has a chance to have its cooldown RESET.  I've had that happen to me 3 times in a row, and that is just mean because it's basically 24 seconds of 0 channeling.  They also have a purifying Break in the Clouds, which is the fastest channeling heal that a mystic has.  It's not 100%, but it can be extremely annoying.
Sage psychic will givin 12seconds immune, not 10

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants

LOLL BRO WTF ARE U SAYING? ITS 10 SECS!  :-\

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic

I had to look this up, because I'm almost certain that level 10 was 8 seconds and sage version adds 2, which makes it 10.

Mana 1020
Channel 0.7  seconds
Cast 1.2  seconds
Cooldown 30.0  seconds
Weapon Soulsphere

Required Cultivation Master of Harmony
Use your superior willpower to remove all negative status
effects and become immune to Physical damage for 10 seconds.

Costs 1 Spark.

Sage version increases the duration by 2 seconds.

It was ambiguously written on the devs' part, but according to this, it's 8+2, which makes it 10, and not 10+2.  Demon version still has its 8 second duration.

Either way, 10 seconds of phys immunity is plenty. There's also expel which can be used after the 10 seconds.  Too bad you can't puri seal.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
I had to look this up, because I'm almost certain that level 10 was 8 seconds and sage version adds 2, which makes it 10.

It was ambiguously written on the devs' part, but according to this, it's 8+2, which makes it 10, and not 10+2.  Demon version still has its 8 second duration.

Either way, 10 seconds of phys immunity is plenty. There's also expel which can be used after the 10 seconds.  Too bad you can't puri seal.

Yes we can purify the seal with buble of life.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
Yes we can purify the seal with buble of life.

Assuming you can time it properly.

My fingers are only fast in areas that count. :P

Stay Classy.

-Oxymoronic

Assuming you can time it properly.

My fingers are only fast in areas that count. :P

its hard the first time but the 2nd one should be easy. i played a fren's psychic the other day after not having played psychic for a long while and i still got it. xD

Offline eon

• eager 2 learn new things
  • THINK - The Human Intelligence Nears Knowledge??
  • Characters: rishi
  • Faction: Ducks,ALTS
nice post ty for sharing

happy gaming have a nice day :)

Signature Credits: http://lonicera-mancer.deviantart.com/
Self Freedom applies only when it doesn't affects the Freedom of another person who follows this quote
happy gaming, have a nice time both in game and in real life :)

PS: Like Insanity's ornaments of magic dmg red/def lvls

http://www.ducks.shivtr.com/
http://alts.shivtr.com/

Offline WarZone

• Lord of Winterfell
  • Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.
  • Characters: WarZone
Maybe I'm blind, but this guide doesn't necessarily say PvP only, so that piece of advice she gave is still useful in PvE aspects.

Stop being mean!

You are blind. The guy said that that there is no element weakness for each class like there is for monsters in pve. And he is right, that would be retarded..

IGN:                           Character:            Lvl.
JinKazama_                BM                        150
WarZone                   Sin                        150
valkyrie                     Barb                      150
Smartcast                   Wiz                      150
Medium_RO               Psy                        150

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
You are blind. The guy said that that there is no element weakness for each class like there is for monsters in pve. And he is right, that would be retarded..

Let's see...

Since over time I've seen a lot of people asking which class is better for PVP/PVE and stuff, maybe a classes guide will help.

Ely did not necessarily mean one over the other.  The reason why it's swaying to a PvP guide is because the majority of those who reply are only PvP players and not PvE players.

Thus, Murcas' advice is still okay for someone who is only a PvE player. 

People also come to this game without much knowledge of PWI and the monster element system, and following the elemental weakness system helps with damage output (albeit slightly, there are other things to consider like inc. magic resistances and flat out elemental immunity). 

And no, no class has elemental weaknesses, but they do have weaknesses.  Ever get one-shot by a wizard while in HA?  Or APS'd to death as an arcane class? Those are signs of weaknesses.

Point is that this guide is turning into a PvP guide, although the original intention was to encompass both types of gameplay, as she said PvP/PvE.

Stay Classy.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
It's for both PVP and PVE.
The main idea of the guide is that a lot of people who are looking for private serves might not even have played the official one. ( I did that with a few games... )
So they don't know how the characters are, what they do, even with the atm rly poor information about classes, it's still gives u a small idea about how the game is. I'd try to focus more on the Tidebron and Earthguard as a lot of people might come from 1.3 servers or they didn't play since TB came out.
Before EPW I played a 1.3 server so for people like me, EPW and all the new patches after TB it's a rly big new shock thingie.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
If you're going to PvP , there's one thing that you should know to guarantee success no matter what class. Learn the skill Faith on your genie, and run outside of safe zone - Quickly using Demon or Sage spark and clicking on 'Irongaurd Powder' & Faith.

Doing this you have ascended to the ranking of God and you shall lay waste to all competition for 12 seconds

You did it champ.  :pig-42:

Offline WarZone

• Lord of Winterfell
  • Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.
  • Characters: WarZone
If you're going to PvP , there's one thing that you should know to guarantee success no matter what class. Learn the skill Faith on your genie, and run outside of safe zone - Quickly using Demon or Sage spark and clicking on 'Irongaurd Powder' & Faith.

Doing this you have ascended to the ranking of God and you shall lay waste to all competition for 12 seconds

You did it champ.  :pig-42:

I can't tell if you're being ironic or just plain stupid..but I'll just go with ironic for the sake of all mankind. and to answer those who keep saying this guide is meant for pve not pvp: whoever knows how to do pvp with his own class clearly has a good knowledge of his own skills. Therefore he also knows how to handle pve quite easily, since pve is a joke compared to pvp and all the strategies that follow.

IGN:                           Character:            Lvl.
JinKazama_                BM                        150
WarZone                   Sin                        150
valkyrie                     Barb                      150
Smartcast                   Wiz                      150
Medium_RO               Psy                        150

scatterer3

Earthguard
Seeker
Mystic

Better, and you're welcome Ely.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
I can't tell if you're being ironic or just plain stupid..but I'll just go with ironic for the sake of all mankind. and to answer those who keep saying this guide is meant for pve not pvp: whoever knows how to do pvp with his own class clearly has a good knowledge of his own skills. Therefore he also knows how to handle pve quite easily, since pve is a joke compared to pvp and all the strategies that follow.

Not necessarily.

I've run in squads where a player would know diddly squat about PvE that they would get ate in 2 seconds by a mob in GV (this is usually accompanied by them wearing level 110 gear...), let alone being able to kill anything in PvP. 

And I didn't say that it was purely meant for pve; I clearly just stated that it was meant to be a dual-gameplay guide, as Ely confirmed. :)

Stay Classy.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
Would love if more people would like to add some things.
Despite I didn't see any "what class should I play" spam lately it would help those who didn't try a class before.
Also it might be useful one day when new classes come.