Epic Perfect World

some suggestions from an old player

Offline AKB/AKM/_Shisui

• االله اعلم
  • Sean was here.
  • Characters: Gsp
  • Faction: Ruin
Thats too easy imagine Tw where the 2 faction are to win by points.So u gotta kill mobs.Finish a Quest then everyone u kill is 2 points.And u win by get like 1k Points.So itll be a full 80v80 well with 120 peeps max some or faction leaders can select # at start.Sht would be full on Pk.No Alliances,Just Guild v Guild.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
Thats too easy imagine Tw where the 2 faction are to win by points.So u gotta kill mobs.Finish a Quest then everyone u kill is 2 points.And u win by get like 1k Points.So itll be a full 80v80 well with 120 peeps max some or faction leaders can select # at start.Sht would be full on Pk.No Alliances,Just Guild v Guild.
....that is not PvE. That is PvP. Also, it won't be the same old bosses. Please read the previous posts before you post.

Offline Gigaknight

• The Black Knight
I'd like to contribute something I've thought of to this discussion--an unrefined idea, something I've just thought of here and there without much depth: a boss rush/survival instance. An example of what I mean can be found in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow; lots of fighting games (like Bloody Roar: Primal Fury and Soul Calibur 2) have survival modes, too--but I don't know about boss rush modes.

The only things I've thought about my idea is that it could feature a single mode or a squad mode, the stages would increase in difficulty as you complete them, and that the opponents could be elite mobs or bosses from this game. I did not think about rewards, number of levels, or anything like that, though.

No idea if it's possible--this game has its limits--but feel free to draw inspiration from this suggestion. More PvE is something I absolutely can not disagree with (I prefer solo gameplay, though; dependence on others is not my thing).
The one and only.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
our ideas come from the past when we thought pve was alrdy too much...we have 2 ideas that will be looked into once again, we wanna revamp GV (harder version) and recreate FB79 (quest related, where u ened to meet requirements to opent he gates)
this ideas would need some time to code and there isnt much time for it atm :/ so people will need to be patient, sorry.

Don't touch GV.

People already barely touch it because it takes an hour and a half-2 hours to complete, and that's assuming that everyone is attentive. The rewards were revamped, but not nearly enough to justify running it outside of culti purposes.  I personally do GV because it's one of my favorite instances, but can't count how many times I got stuck in a fail run because a key class (ie: cleric or sole 150 DD) drops squad after 3rd wave.  I ran into a veno yesterday who was doing GV for culti.  She said it took her FOUR tries to get a party that didn't suck.  I cleric'd for her and I was practically asleep, but she got it done. 

If you must touch GV, then what would be good is if you revamp one of the older GV instances.  Basically like make a Delta 2 out of Gamma, for example, since those are deactivated on the server anyways.  That way, people who want a challenge, can do the harder instance, and those who just want their culti done can do the original instance.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

bvanharjr

Don't touch GV.

People already barely touch it because it takes an hour and a half-2 hours to complete, and that's assuming that everyone is attentive. The rewards were revamped, but not nearly enough to justify running it outside of culti purposes.  I personally do GV because it's one of my favorite instances, but can't count how many times I got stuck in a fail run because a key class (ie: cleric or sole 150 DD) drops squad after 3rd wave.  I ran into a veno yesterday who was doing GV for culti.  She said it took her FOUR tries to get a party that didn't suck.  I cleric'd for her and I was practically asleep, but she got it done. 

If you must touch GV, then what would be good is if you revamp one of the older GV instances.  Basically like make a Delta 2 out of Gamma, for example, since those are deactivated on the server anyways.  That way, people who want a challenge, can do the harder instance, and those who just want their culti done can do the original instance.

Wouldn't be doable unless level caps were changed, and the culti GV was made 150 only.

Disrupted

Don't touch GV.

+1 just dont mess with GV hard enough to get a party for culti dont make it harder

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Wouldn't be doable unless level caps were changed, and the culti GV was made 150 only.

If it's hard-coded then I can see it being impossible.  IIRC, I did my archer's full culti at 148, so there's that.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
There are instances in Momagnon and Lothranis (aside from Abaddon and  SoT of course) any chance of doing something there? I've heard even PWI doesn't have those instances yet but, maybe we can.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
There are instances in Momagnon and Lothranis (aside from Abaddon and  SoT of course) any chance of doing something there? I've heard even PWI doesn't have those instances yet but, maybe we can.
We had these FBs 109 as a skill book farming instances, 2.5 years ago still in 1.3.6 version. They were fun and difficult, but eventually they got  revamped in Genesis patch and made into Warsong / Nirvana.

Answering the OPs request, there is tons on PvE here already, almost everything has been adjusted with difficulty and rewards. New Horizons patch added 3 new end-game instances, tons of customized quests and content.
I really could list every instance or activity you could do (I bet this would be over 30 options), but I will simply write that adding another farming instance is pointless in my opinion. Why? Twilight Temple was made purely as an EC farming instance. If I added another instance (for example revamped FB 69), it would all come to the question:
Would this instance be more or less profitable than TT? If yes, people would drop TT and move to new instance. If not, people would sill stick with TT and new instance would be empty.

Offline csenger41

• Characters: Nandiel
  • Faction: Girls
We had these FBs 109 as a skill book farming instances, 2.5 years ago still in 1.3.6 version. They were fun and difficult, but eventually they got  revamped in Genesis patch and made into Warsong / Nirvana.

Answering the OPs request, there is tons on PvE here already, almost everything has been adjusted with difficulty and rewards. New Horizons patch added 3 new end-game instances, tons of customized quests and content.
I really could list every instance or activity you could do (I bet this would be over 30 options), but I will simply write that adding another farming instance is pointless in my opinion. Why? Twilight Temple was made purely as an EC farming instance. If I added another instance (for example revamped FB 69), it would all come to the question:
Would this instance be more or less profitable than TT? If yes, people would drop TT and move to new instance. If not, people would sill stick with TT and new instance would be empty.
There is no problem with quests, I loved completing them.
I also don't want another farming instance, hate them already.
What I meant are fun and challenging instances, which are got by the method I explained in an earlier post. Rewards are a question, I was thinking of Supply Tokens, maybe EC.
The fact, that current instances like Nirvana or Warsong (for crystals) are soloable, don't give enough reason for full and balanced squads.
As I said, only one that needs them is TT 3-3, HDD (because of chains), FS (because of axe boss) and I think that's all.
In my suggestion, mobs in these revamped instances could 2-3 hit DPS classes (wiz, sin, archer) if they are not careful enough and don't go with tank and heal.

EDIT: sorry if it seems like I don't appreciate your work on the server. I just want it to be even better... :)
EDIT2: I would also participate in server development, if someone could teach me how to do it.
Last Edit: Aug 04, 2014, 08:54 am by csenger41